Good Dings To Come?

DrakeHellsing

Which is the best vehicle to use for this trophy? I say vehicle as they're on the smaller scale and won't be tedious to complete.

I tried the mini golf cart, but couldn't get it to 95% without setting off a ding (got to 94% and was being careful). I am thinking the van might work, but not sure if there's another vehicle that would work better. Maybe the penny-farthing? Not sure as I've not got that one available to me yet.

I myself got this on the Van you start with, it can be a little difficult at first but with time you can get it, how I proceeded was by doing 95% of the body work and then slowly working myself onto the other items only using the red nozzle and doing quick shots. Windows and doors leave about a 1/4 of it and then slowly take pieces off once you have run out of options, the tires too.

36 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

I myself got this on the Van you start with, it can be a little difficult at first but with time you can get it, how I proceeded was by doing 95% of the body work and then slowly working myself onto the other items only using the red nozzle and doing quick shots. Windows and doors leave about a 1/4 of it and then slowly take pieces off once you have run out of options, the tires too.

I'll try that for sure. I did the van with the red nozzle only for that trophy and I found that it wasn't best to do that and the 95% one at the same time, a bit too tedious.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Penny Farthing is the easiest, because it only has 9 parts. My strategy was to open the menu and select a part, then slowly clean it with the red nozzle, spamming the highlight dirt button. As it got closer to clean, I opened the menu to check percentage, stopping once that part is at 95%. If you mess up, the bike is small, so you waste less time restarting than if you accidentally clean a headlight or something on a bigger vehicle.

• Like 3

Got this last night on the penny farthing. Set the nozzle to red, the attachments off, and tap spray. Aim slowly. Move the cursor until the part name lists in the corner. Use the computer guide showing each part and select it so it flashes. Be careful that you don't overclean the parts that are 0/2 labeled because you might accidentally 'clear' the part (ex. Clean one side of a wheel and maybe 3/4 of the other side then move on the the other wheel). Get each part to as close to 95-96% and it'll pop. It's not as hard as it sounds. Just don't do it on a large stage. 

Edited by avalon_sinclaire

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this one the blue van while also trying to go for the Red Nozzle Only trophy. I managed to get to 92% on my first try but fully cleaned one of the brake lights. Each subsequent try I was able to consistently get to about 90% before accidentally cleaning something fully, but I did get the trophy on my 5th try. Just need to be diligent and patient

Personally got this mostly naturally on the ancient monument when going for the Delicate Excavation trophy. I realised at a certain point while cleaning it that I had not completed any part and decided to consciously go for it, and it worked out. The white nozzle is so weak for that job that you're never in danger of accidentally completing any part. Also, as stated above by another poster, upload your save when you're close so that you don't screw it up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little OCD about cleaning individual parts to 100% before moving on, so the guide's strategy of pairing Delicate Excavation and Good Dings to Come didn't work for me playstyle-wise.

I got Good Dings to Come using the Penny Farthing and this video's strategy. Took about 2 minutes.

TL;DW: Only spray from a single side (don't get too close to front or back; avoid tight angles), standing, with a green nozzle until you get to about 75-80%, then spray from the top until about 90%. At that point, switch to a red nozzle and chip away at individual dirt spots until you reach 95%.

I tried to get this on the ancient monument while also going for delicate excavation but accidently dinged a finger curled into the sand.  So I went back and did the same job with my choice of nozzles and it was much easier.  Still took a while, but very easy as long as you get the crevices and where the parts meet first.   

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the pennyfarthing. It doesn’t have too many parts and it’s not much of a time waste if you have to restart it coz you messed up. 
whenever I got close to the 95 I just tipped the button and aimed a bit aside of the dirt, if that makes sense 

On 1/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Ninjirella said:

Definitely the pennyfarthing. It doesn’t have too many parts and it’s not much of a time waste if you have to restart it coz you messed up. 
whenever I got close to the 95 I just tipped the button and aimed a bit aside of the dirt, if that makes sense 

Hey Ninji, how did you get the career mode trophy? you're the first person in like 2 weeks. Sorry if been asked already 

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They either played offline without the patch or had a copy that was never updated to v1.11.

That was exactly it!

I played offline on an unpatched version. 

but from what the devs say, an update to fix the issue should be coming soonish?! 
let’s hope at least 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ninjirella said:

That was exactly it!

I played offline on an unpatched version. 

but from what the devs say, an update to fix the issue should be coming soonish?! 
let’s hope at least 

Ah ok thanks
Yeah saw the update, good news for all