Is it possible to avoid getting trophies?

HaserPL

You may be better off just making a different local account on your PlayStation and playing it that way. It's what I did on my console because I had the suspicion that I wasn't going to want to play this story multiple times for the trophies because of the reports of bad writing. Funny enough I realized when playing it all the main cliché complaints of bad writing in the game were actually a small number of all the issues I personally had with the story. They come and go pretty quickly. There are a surprising number of things that aren't covered in reviews that are just... rough writing at best, and strung throughout almost the entire game like death by a thousand cuts. It's honestly written like some fan fiction with many forgettable characters and some mind-boggling writing that somehow managed to bleed into gameplay where you spend some hours going in literal circles doing largely nothing... Gameplay-wise it's also frustrating that the combat isn't as "strategic" as the first game though, where you can't stealth and plan nearly as much as the first game as the game is just pushing you into open combat constantly. The graphics, environment, and exploration is really fantastic though. And those flashbacks? Really well written, which is strange how it's such a contrast to the main story. Probably the only new character I liked was Dina, although events making her effectively useless a third into the story is baffling, where I was assuming a much better bit of writing was approaching only to laugh out loud at what happened instead. I'm towards the end, but each time I hop into it it feels like a chore for me to finish it if that makes any sense - I'm actually glad I played it on my other account lol

So yeah anyway, I would just play it on a different account if I were you lol

Also I don't know why people are blown away at this question, there are games that you know you won't completely love it, and definitely won't love it enough to bother with the trophies and may not even finish the story, but you want to experience how it feels to play. Maybe instead of watching someone else play it on YouTube you play it yourself to really understand it. It sounds like this is one of those games for him

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

You may be better off just making a different local account on your PlayStation and playing it that way. It's what I did on my console because I had the suspicion that I wasn't going to want to play this story multiple times for the trophies because of the reports of bad writing. Funny enough I realized when playing it all the main cliché complaints of bad writing in the game were actually a small number of all the issues I personally had with the story. They come and go pretty quickly. There are a surprising number of things that aren't covered in reviews that are just... rough writing at best, and strung throughout almost the entire game like death by a thousand cuts. It's honestly written like some fan fiction with many forgettable characters and some mind-boggling writing that actually managed to bleed into gameplay where you spend some hours going in literal circles doing largely nothing... Gameplay-wise it's also frustrating that the combat isn't as "strategic" as the first game though, where you can't stealth and plan nearly as much as the first game as the game is just pushing you into open combat constantly. The graphics, environment, and exploration is really fantastic though. And those flashbacks? Really well written, which is strange how it's such a contrast to the main story. Probably the only new character I liked was Dina, although events making her effectively useless a third into the story is baffling, where I was assuming a much better bit of writing was approaching only to laugh out loud at what happened instead. I'm towards the end, but each time I hop into it it feels like a chore for me to finish it if that makes any sense - I'm actually glad I played it on my other account lol

So yeah anyway, I would just play it on a different account if I were you lol

Also I don't know why people are blown away at this question, there are games that you know you won't completely love it, and definitely won't love it enough to bother with the trophies and may not even finish the story, but you want to experience how it feels to play. Maybe instead of watching someone else play it on YouTube you play it yourself to really understand it. It sounds like this is one of those games for him

He claims to have already played it. He has accomplished what he want to do. 

1 hour ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

He is seeking attention and now he can let us know how much he hates (or claim to) the game. 

I see nothing more here. 

He has played the game, know how it is, there are plenty of guides on the internet, there is no reason to ask this question here other than to want to say how much he hates the game. 

If I wanted to let you know how much I hate the game, I would have done that a bit closer To the game's release buddy. 

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If I wanted to let you know how much I hate the game, I would have done that a bit closer To the game's release buddy. 

You did.

Spoiler

fuf6QWa.png

JLpD9Eo.png

I disagree with those saying that you shouldn't play something you don't like. Experiencing art you dislike is just as important as experiencing those that you do like, unless you're doing it bitterly just to get riled up and lash out.

But while that isn't what you're doing, your reasons for playing it in a specific way seem to be about making a statement about how much you dislike the game. In which case I think leaving a message in your PSN profile about how much you dislike The Last of Us Part II would work better and you wouldn't have to play through the game again.

If you still really want to play the game, then just speedrun it, there are a videos on YouTube you can use as a guide. You'll end up with barely and trophies and having so few hours on the game will give people the impression that you just wanted it over with.

Besides that:

*Rush through Seattle

*Avoid workbenches

*Craft only when you have to

*Avoid collectibles when you can

*Play offline and backup your save often. If you unlock something accidently, delete your profile on the PS4 and start again from your last back up save after reinstalling.

• Like 3

The OP is an example of why people calling out the tokenism and/or virtue signalling forcefully injected into this sequel are not taken seriously.

Dr. Uckmann wins again, unfortunately.

Because of my stance against this game…

Perhaps if it weren’t for said opening this could’ve been a very different topic.