Is it possible to avoid getting trophies?

HaserPL

Because of my stance against this game, I decided I will attempt to beat it without obtaining any trophies (except for the one for beating the game obviously). That would mean not upgrading the character or the weapons, avoiding Seattle for more than absolutely necessary, but what about other trophies? Are there some in the game that are impossible to avoid?

Edit: I would have to avoid picking up all weapons, crafting all items, and basically give up on some interactions during the game to avoid getting trophies. Now the only thing I'm interested in, if there are some collectibles that are impossible to avoid picking up, that would give me more than the required amount for the trophy, as the rarity for picking 5 trading cards and 5 coins seems like something unavoidable. 

Edited by HaserPL

4 minutes ago, BigBlue198662 said:

Bizarre sentence

I love Tlou, and if the game would have 15 remasters and remakes over the years, I would do them all. But I dislike TLOU 2 so much that I want to beat it while getting the minimum amount of trophies possible. Now you understand it?

6 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Cool, thanks for helping make my trophies rarer. 1f44d.png

Hope this makes your day :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flo82stgt said:

You hate a game that you have never played? You want to play it, but you don't want trophies, because you hate the game (you never played before).

Do you see how... weird that sounds? Be careful when you play it. Not that you're starting to like it...

BTW you could make another account and then start playing it. This way you won't get any trophies in your main account.

Played it on an alt. Want it on my main acc with as little % as possible. What is there to understand? 

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

Ok, can we please not judge someone on their gaming choices. Everyone is pretty much free to do what they want with their profile and gaming free time.

To answer the question, you can pretty much avoid all the trophies. I don't remember being forced into collecting any of the collectables, but if you are then it would be less than the 5 required to pop any of the trophies. You would also have to avoid upgrading any of your weapons at all, and also upgrading any of your skills. This would probably be fine if you are playing it on the easiest difficulty setting and using modifiers to help you too.

You can even avoid popping the one mandatory story trophy by not finishing the epilogue as not a lot happens there anyway, leaving the list at 0%.

In short, it's possible to only pop the trophy for finishing the story by avoiding everything that pops any of the others, and you can even avoid that by not finishing the epilogue.

I don't judge. I just asked to understand the problem. I thought he wanted to play it, but he wants no trophies for it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Ok, can we please not judge someone on their gaming choices. Everyone is pretty much free to do what they want with their profile and gaming free time.

To answer the question, you can pretty much avoid all the trophies. I don't remember being forced into collecting any of the collectables, but if you are then it would be less than the 5 required to pop any of the trophies. You would also have to avoid upgrading any of your weapons at all, and also upgrading any of your skills. This would probably be fine if you are playing it on the easiest difficulty setting and using modifiers to help you too.

You can even avoid popping the one mandatory story trophy by not finishing the epilogue as not a lot happens there anyway, leaving the list at 0%.

In short, it's possible to only pop the trophy for finishing the story by avoiding everything that pops any of the others, and you can even avoid that by not finishing the epilogue.

Thanks, that answers everything.

1 minute ago, James Tiger said:

Well, you may need to avoid workbench too, workbench count as collectibles even you just walk past it.

That's a good point. I'm not sure if you'll naturally come across 12 workbenches during the story though, as they tend to usually be out of the way, but it's definitely something to be aware of.

• Like 1

Just now, flo82stgt said:

I don't judge. I just asked to understand the problem. I thought he wanted to play it, but he wants no trophies for it. 

I'm treat my profile as an extension of my gaming's preferences. If I don't like a game I already started, I will not force myself to do it just because it lowers my % ratio. If I want to pop a plat as a joke (my 200th being Hannah Montana), then I will do so and every time me and my friends mention this game we have a laugh about it. Not everyone is obsessed with trophies mate, even though this is a trophy hunting's site.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I'm treat my profile as an extension of my gaming's preferences. If I don't like a game I already started, I will not force myself to do it just because it lowers my % ratio. If I want to pop a plat as a joke (my 200th being Hannah Montana), then I will do so and every time me and my friends mention this game we have a laugh about it. Not everyone is obsessed with trophies mate, even though this is a trophy hunting's site.

I agree. So do I. I just didn't understand why you want to play it with your Main if you have already played it with an Alt when you don't want trophies. I didn't understand the logic here. But it's up to you of course.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, flo82stgt said:

I agree. So do I. I just didn't understand why you want to play it with your Main if you have already played it with an Alt when you don't want trophies. I didn't understand the logic here. But it's up to you of course.

Because everyone who knows me a bit outside of this forum knows how much I loved the first game, and how I hated the second one. I just want to make this official by having the second game on my profile, that's all.