Is it possible to avoid getting trophies?

HaserPL

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Most folks who know me know how much I dislike Metal Gear and Sonic games....

....I made that official by not playing them. :dunno:

Wouldn't it be easier to just load it up once, then not play it?

I mean, if you want to make some kind of weird point about not having liked the game the first time around, playing it again seems like a strange way to go about it...

...particularly since no one will actually understand that point you're making, unless you specifically explain it to them...

...thus rendering the entire endeavour kinda pointless...

But it's not for some randoms on the internet to understand it, it's for me and a few people who know me personally lol.

19 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

1st game is overrated, 2nd game is better in terms of gameplay mechanics. But both aren't really as groundbreaking as many claim.

I enjoyed both but neither deserve the acclaim they get.

Gameplay mechanics are obviously better in the sequel, it's the sequel xD, better engine allowed for more interesting things. This alone doesn't make the game better though.

6 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Gameplay mechanics are obviously better in the sequel, it's the sequel xD, better engine allowed for more interesting things. This alone doesn't make the game better though.

Like i said, i enjoyed both but neither really were groundbreaking. But yes lol mechanics being better in a sequel should be a no brainer :P

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

They’re confused - though I’m not seeing much hostility - because it seems like a very odd request. You’re free to do as you like, but this seems like a lot of effort to make some kind of statement that is ultimately irrelevant.

As @DrBloodmoney said, if you just want it tagged on your profile to show you did it, so people can see your 100% TLOU1s and your low/zero % TLOU2 so they - or you, or your friends, or whoever it’s for - can say “Hah, take that, Naughty Dog! I hated your sequel so much I didn’t want to earn trophies in it!’ then you could accomplish that by just starting the game on your main profile. You won’t be missing anything, as you claim to have already played it on an alternate account, and would thus be saving yourself several hours of playing something you don’t enjoy.

Problem is, I have way more games in my backlog than I have spare time to play them. A game with 0% will dissapear among 100+ games with no trophies earned. That's all really.

18 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Problem is, I have way more games in my backlog than I have spare time to play them. A game with 0% will dissapear among 100+ games with no trophies earned. That's all really.

If it isn’t for internet randos but is instead for those people who know you personally - which you have claimed - then it doesn’t matter if it’s buried somewhere in your profile, since they’re already clued in to the… joke? Statement? Whatever you choose to call it. Of course, if it isn’t for internet randos, then I’m not sure why it matters if it’s on your main profile or not, since people who know you personally that are gamers (or at least aware enough of the ecosystem to know what a 0/low % trophy list is) are probably well aware of your stance on the game.

Regardless, if it ending up buried in the 0% section is a concern, you could always either pop an early trophy - which still accomplishes the image of “bah, I hate your game” by saying “it wasn’t even good enough to keep playing” - or go through and scrub out your 0%s so it stands out more. The latter is probably not on the table due to your stance on the profile being a record of your gaming history, just noting it as an option.

• Like 1

If you have played through the game once already wouldn't you have the knowledge about this already? I mean you would know how the game works and what certain trophies that popped during your playthrough and then you could just ask yourself if there was any of the trophies you could have avoided? Or am I missing something here?

I haven't played the game yet myself so I cannot add anything to your question, but it seemed odd to me to ask such a broad question on a topic you should already have the answer to from your previous statements.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ashande said:

If it isn’t for internet randos but is instead for those people who know you personally - which you have claimed - then it doesn’t matter if it’s buried somewhere in your profile, since they’re already clued in to the… joke? Statement? Whatever you choose to call it. Of course, if it isn’t for internet randos, then I’m not sure why it matters if it’s on your main profile or not, since people who know you personally that are gamers (or at least aware enough of the ecosystem to know what a 0/low % trophy list is) are probably well aware of your stance on the game.

Regardless, if it ending up buried in the 0% section is a concern, you could always either pop an early trophy - which still accomplishes the image of “bah, I hate your game” by saying “it wasn’t even good enough to keep playing” - or go through and scrub out your 0%s so it stands out more. The latter is probably not on the table due to your stance on the profile being a record of your gaming history, just noting it as an option.

It's way funnier this way though. The Tlou2 psychofans' first assumption is that you haven't even played the game if you say anything bad about it, so you can just send them to your 1% profile with the game completed. Not your profile to decide is it now

Edited by Johnytomm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnytomm said:

It's way funnier this way though. The Tlou2 psychofans' first assumption is that you haven't even played the game if you say anything bad about it, so you can just send them to your 1% profile with the game completed. Not your profile to decide is it now

I am still looking for the entertainment factor, personally, but as I have said multiple times, “you do you.” Whatever makes someone happy. Doesn’t change that I’m trying to understand the whys, or that I find certain aspects contradictory. Further, TLOU2 - or any other game’s - “psychofans” are liable to tear into someone for anything and most won’t care if you have the game on your profile or what % completion you have in it. I presented alternative means the insult could be slung. Nowhere did I claim it was my profile, or tell anyone what they should do.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

If you have played through the game once already wouldn't you have the knowledge about this already? I mean you would know how the game works and what certain trophies that popped during your playthrough and then you could just ask yourself if there was any of the trophies you could have avoided? Or am I missing something here?

I haven't played the game yet myself so I cannot add anything to your question, but it seemed odd to me to ask such a broad question on a topic you should already have the answer to from your previous statements.

I went through the game without ever looking at the trophy list, so I wasn't sure if something I had done triggered a trophy or not. It's like in the first game, If there would have been a trophy for collecting 5 journals, it would probably be unmissable.

23 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I went through the game without ever looking at the trophy list, so I wasn't sure if something I had done triggered a trophy or not. It's like in the first game, If there would have been a trophy for collecting 5 journals, it would probably be unmissable.

I get that. But you would have access to the account you did it on no? Then you could check out which trophies you did and ask yourself the question if it could be avoided. I mean you would have knowledge about the specific things that are in the game. Or you could check out the list yourself if you aren't familiar with the trophy list and ask yourself if you could avoid the things they ask you to do.

I just glanced through the list and just going by the trophy list is seems pretty easy to avoid the trophies just judging from the description. If there is something that is unavoidable you would probably know that yourself just by your experience in the game. 

15 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

To each their own, but it seems such a miserable way to live.

Fixed that for you.

I agree with everything you wrote. Like you mentioned, some people just make hating on specific things their entire personality and TLoU Part II is very popular in this regard. Eventually it'll be something else and then something new after that. It's quite pathetic, but what do I know, I'm just a "psychofan"... 

• Like 3