Hardcore mode incoming

jonesey46

5 minutes ago, TsurugiFenrir said:

Where did you find this leak? Can you post a link? 

Also looking ridiculous, that's like two extra playtroughs. Sounds a bit too much. 

It’s obviously a joke ? can’t believe it’s flying over peoples heads 

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

I just finished Dead Space Impossible Mode without lowering the difficulty. The farther I went, the more confident I felt. I'm afraid that Hard Mode in Callisto Protocol will be more difficult. Anyone able to compare?

Don't worry. It's super easy now that enemies only attack you one at a time. Just pay attention to the 1 single ranged enemy that exists in the game, they'll still attack you even if another melee enemy is attacking you. Compared to any Dead Space game this platinum is easier. Have all 3 DS plats and will soon start the Remake and breeze through that aswell =D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

I wonder also that. All bios is not possible before secret rooms. Since its audio logs as well there. 

1 hour ago, wistomadero said:

How did he get Grim Reaper trophy (all bios) before The Commonality (secret rooms)??

There's audio logs in the secret rooms

Got catch guys. No idea tbh. I don't remember enough about the collectible to help you with that. But checking my profile i got The Commonality before Grim Reaper so maybe he had a glitch?

I picked that dudes profile randomly when looking up if you would earn the NG+ at the same time as HC NG+

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Got catch guys. No idea tbh. I don't remember enough about the collectible to help you with that. But checking my profile i got The Commonality before Grim Reaper so maybe he had a glitch?

I picked that dudes profile randomly when looking up if you would earn the NG+ at the same time as HC NG+

Yeah and commonality popped for me, when i entered first secret room on ps4 version of the game just now. 

But this could be that i did it allready on ps5 tho., since my ps5 saves are on my console, they are also recognised by the ps4 ver in load screen. 

Just reached the final fight in my first hc run and my stats are:

- Stun Baton: 2 upgrades on left and 2 upgrades on right side, none in the middle

- Hand Gun: first 2 upgrades

- Riot Gun: no upgrades

- GRP: 1 middle and 1 left upgrade

- Credits: 9294$

* Then bought the AR with the first two upgrades (-3000$).

* 9x Ammo for AR, which is then a total of 200 ammo (-1260$).

* Stun Baton 3rd upgrade on left side (-2700$).

* Hand Gun 3rd upgrade (-600$).

* Riot Gun first 3 upgrades (-1500$)

* 1x Ammo for Riot Gun (-140$)

Credits left: 94$ 

Edited by Calypox
  • Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 3:58 AM, TrophyChief said:

Fair, in this case the negative consequence would be to have a game under 100% completion on your profile with trophies still unobtained. For some, the consequence of not achieving 100% can be intangible such as feelings of guilt, shame, frustration, etc. that can impact their emotional and physical well-being. Honestly though, it's just a game in my view but for others it's life and death lol. However, I do respect those who are willing to put in the time and effort to hunt those trophies despite how they feel about the game. But again, the decision is ultimately up to the gamer.

Only people with a massive amount of mental health issues would ever relate the thought of life and death with needing to keep a meaningless stat that is objectively inconsequential to their life, wellbeing and hobby for that matter.

Just because you are able to lie to yourself that you “need” to do something you don’t enjoy to feel fulfill.

Doesn't mean you achieved anything.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Calypox said:

Just reached the final fight in my first hc run and my stats are:

- Stun Baton: 2 upgrades on left and 2 upgrades on right side, none in the middle

- Hand Gun: first 2 upgrades

- Riot Gun: no upgrades

- GRP: 1 middle and 1 left upgrade

- Credits: 9294$

* Then bought the AR with the first two upgrades (-3000$).

* 9x Ammo for AR, which is then a total of 200 ammo (-1260$).

* Stun Baton 3rd upgrade on left side (-2700$).

* Hand Gun 3rd upgrade (-600$).

* Riot Gun first 3 upgrades (-1500$)

* 1x Ammo for Riot Gun (-140$)

Credits left: 94$ 

Nice bro. I would add one GRP upgrade on right, because it makes launching enemies from trip to Arcas easier. Other than that, middle all the way up and then left middle. You collected those credits just like I did. Not too shabby ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kessarath said:

I just finished Dead Space Impossible Mode without lowering the difficulty. The farther I went, the more confident I felt. I'm afraid that Hard Mode in Callisto Protocol will be more difficult. Anyone able to compare?

I’m on chapter 10 Dead Space Impossible Mode right now and beat Callisto Hardcore a few days ago. I don’t think you’ll have any issues with Hardcore. There were probably 3  sections that took me 5-10 tries but more often than not it was me restarting a checkpoint to do it more efficiently. I didn’t bother with gun upgrades until the end when I had a lot of credits. Put credits into stun baton and GRP upgrades. I finished almost all sections just using the stun baton and GRP (occasionally using the pistol to shoot the heads off spitters/shoot robots in the head to get their credits). The only gun I used for bosses was the riot shotgun (and a few pistol shots to make room in inventory). Don’t put any upgrades into guns until the last or second last chapter. It’s more important to have money for buying ammo for bosses. I think I needed about 28 riot gun ammo to defeat the 2nd last boss and 30+ ammo for the final boss. Use GRP as much as possible. Enemies mutate pretty fast. No biggie if they do, it just takes longer to finish them off. The game is a lot easier than it was at launch because only one enemy will attack you at a time. I never needed more than 1 health pack in my inventory so sell the rest. 

Summary—

1. Upgrade GRP and baton and use them everywhere possible. 

2. ignore gun upgrades until the end when you have a lot of credits.

3. always have enough credits to buy ammo (particularly for the last 2 bosses). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Prosser187ATX said:

I’m on chapter 10 Dead Space Impossible Mode right now and beat Callisto Hardcore a few days ago. I don’t think you’ll have any issues with Hardcore. There were probably 3  sections that took me 5-10 tries but more often than not it was me restarting a checkpoint to do it more efficiently. I didn’t bother with gun upgrades until the end when I had a lot of credits. Put credits into stun baton and GRP upgrades. I finished almost all sections just using the stun baton and GRP (occasionally using the pistol to shoot the heads off spitters/shoot robots in the head to get their credits). The only gun I used for bosses was the riot shotgun (and a few pistol shots to make room in inventory). Don’t put any upgrades into guns until the last or second last chapter. It’s more important to have money for buying ammo for bosses. I think I needed about 28 riot gun ammo to defeat the 2nd last boss and 30+ ammo for the final boss. Use GRP as much as possible. Enemies mutate pretty fast. No biggie if they do, it just takes longer to finish them off. The game is a lot easier than it was at launch because only one enemy will attack you at a time. I never needed more than 1 health pack in my inventory so sell the rest. 

Summary—

1. Upgrade GRP and baton and use them everywhere possible. 

2. ignore gun upgrades until the end when you have a lot of credits.

3. always have enough credits to buy ammo (particularly for the last 2 bosses). 

Thank you very much for the very detailed answer. I will definitely use it tomorrow. Good thing Callisto Protocol is a very short game. Regards!

• Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 5:23 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Ha…ha…

Wait, is the joke on us?

I kind of got interested in getting this game a while back but now I’m like… :popcorn:

On 11/02/2023 at 8:05 PM, TsurugiFenrir said:

Where did you find this leak? Can you post a link? 

Also looking ridiculous, that's like two extra playtroughs. Sounds a bit too much. 

Glenn Schofield is my uncle, trust me bro.

Sorry, I was shitposting. I thought it was obvious ?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wistomadero said:

How did he get Grim Reaper trophy (all bios) before The Commonality (secret rooms)??

There's audio logs in the secret rooms

20 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I wonder also that. All bios is not possible before secret rooms. Since its audio logs as well there. 

19 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I dont think all Bios count. I've popped the trophies a good few times when I made my guide and I always popped the trophy before the final bio you come across.

Think Powerpyx said same happened to him as well on their guide. Think ive read others that have popped the trophy before getting them all.

Ive not tested as never really had any need to as its not much trouble getting them all, but I think you may just need 1 of each. You know some bios have 2 or 3 parts, I think you just need 1.

The bios you find in the secret rooms for example, I think they're all for the same person.

I can't say for sure, just that is what I consider maybe a thing. Its likely that the very last log which most pop the trophy before, is part 2 or 3 of a bio for somebody you already have.

Starting HC run now! I should have it in about 12-15h. Then ill do HC New game+ Run, and hopefully i get the new game+ normal trophy also to stack. 

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I dont think all Bios count. I've popped the trophies a good few times when I made my guide and I always popped the trophy before the final bio you come across.

Think Powerpyx said same happened to him as well on their guide. Think ive read others that have popped the trophy before getting them all.

Ive not tested as never really had any need to as its not much trouble getting them all, but I think you may just need 1 of each. You know some bios have 2 or 3 parts, I think you just need 1.

The bios you find in the secret rooms for example, I think they're all for the same person.

I can't say for sure, just that is what I consider maybe a thing. Its likely that the very last log which most pop the trophy before, is part 2 or 3 of a bio for somebody you already have.

Yes. It popped for me on 2nd to last collectible. The collectible after the 2 head fight in that hallway. 

Edit: But the collectible trophy is not possible getting before the 2nd secret room, since its still about 8-10 collectibles after that room(and why should someone jump over that room, its a trophy for it for the plat) . So commonwealth trophy you get first. Since it is a collectible in that room. But if the trophy registeres 42 instead of 43 collectibles.Then its possible. But that needs to be tested tho. 

Edited by DividedByMankind

3 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Upgrading all weapons can be done in normal new game+? Right? Or has it to be HC new game+? 1f44d.png

I did it in a normal NG+ game.  Needed 96more credits for all upgrades on my NG+ run at the final store. I ran around aimlessly looking for credits and stuff to sell but I never found anything, thus forcing me into NG++. So sell everything you can, ammo, medkits etc so you can avoid having to go into NG++

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I did it in a normal ng+ game. 

Ill do the same. Ill do that one first then. 

Ill save one upgrade. So i can pop it on ps5 also. 

Edit: 

I have sold everything i had, never bought ammo or medkits. And i looted the world fully on maximum, i should have it around chapter 6 on easiest diffculty. 

Thats why my playthrough took me 13h today? maybe i have it around chapteer 5

Edited by DividedByMankind

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Starting HC run now! I should have it in about 12-15h. Then ill do HC New game+ Run, and hopefully i get the new game+ normal trophy also to stack. 

Yes. It popped for me on 2nd to last collectible. The collectible after the 2 head fight in that hallway. 

Edit: But the collectible trophy is not possible getting before the 2nd secret room, since its still about 8-10 collectibles after that room(and why should someone jump over that room, its a trophy for it for the plat) . So commonwealth trophy you get first. Since it is a collectible in that room. But if the trophy registeres 42 instead of 43 collectibles.Then its possible. But that needs to be tested tho. 

Yea thats what I mean, he have missed that room, and the collectible in that room may not even be required.

Its been said that trophy description is incorrect as it states 'Harvest and read all Implant Bios' and apparently someone just got the harvest bios and the trophy didnt pop.

So then it was assumed all file types are needed. But its strange as we have popped it without the last collectible and others have popped it without all collectibles as well.

Its possible the description is correct and you do actually just need the implant bios, though maybe perhaps some of the implant bios have been harvested by somebody else and are found elsewhere and so appear to be files.

Or maybe it is just one for each person and additional bios for that same person dont matter.

I dont know, Im not too bothered, I may look into it when I play again, just trying to bring up reasons why it may pop without getting every single one.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Yea thats what I mean, he have missed that room, and the collectible in that room may not even be required.

Its been said that trophy description is incorrect as it states 'Harvest and read all Implant Bios' and apparently someone just got the harvest bios and the trophy didnt pop.

So then it was assumed all file types are needed. But its strange as we have popped it without the last collectible and others have popped it without all collectibles as well.

Its possible the description is correct and you do actually just need the implant bios, though maybe perhaps some of the implant bios have been harvested by somebody else and are found elsewhere and so appear to be files.

Or maybe it is just one for each person and additional bios for that same person dont matter.

I dont know, Im not too bothered, I may look into it when I play again, just trying to bring up reasons why it may pop earlier.

Yeah you are actually on to something there! I read the description just now again? But im glad i didnt take any chances, so i collected all collectibles! Its bad enough that i have to play through it 2,5 more times. Just hope save transfer works from ps4 to ps5. So i dont have to do 5 more times???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Thank you very much for the very detailed answer. I will definitely use it tomorrow. Good thing Callisto Protocol is a very short game. Regards!

You’re welcome! One other recommendation I forgot to mention—get the block break upgrade ($900) for the baton as soon as you can. Fights take forever without it because enemies will block you after two swings almost every time. With that, and Riot Control Swing ($300) you’ll be good to go ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:59 PM, MITSTREITER said:

Ok, that means i have complete the NG+ first and then i play HC and then i Play HC NG+? :DxD 

If you're going for all the trophies, you'll need three playthroughs right now: Maximum, Hardcore, and Hardcore NG+.

After finishing Maximum, you'll probably have to start a NG+ on the regular mode and play for a little bit until you're able to upgrade all your weapons for that trophy. But you don't have to finish it. The trophies for NG+ and Hardcore NG+ will both unlock when the latter is completed.