Hardcore mode incoming

jonesey46

holy moly, that sounds brutal.

Thanks for taking your time giving me some insight.

I hope all will go well and I'm also already scared of the two-headed fights^^

Well, on the bright side, at least the trophies are challanging and not a no-brainer. So it may be fun after all :D

Wish you good luck mate.

Thanks to everyone posting about Hardcore mode’s experience in this thread. Was worried it was gonna be a super hard, permadeath run. Thankfully the game isn’t long really, but as I’ve already done 6 playthroughs of this game between the PS4 and PS5 stacks, I’m so burnt out.

Also, I already have all of my weapons upgraded to max, so I’m wondering how that’s gonna work out for me. hopefully, I won’t have to do another playthrough or two to re-upgrade everything to max. Since everything that you can sell is only half value in hardcore mode, that might take upwards to 3 playthroughs-yikes. 

3 hours ago, Calypox said:

Can anybody tell if hardcore is more, less or equally as difficult as Maximum Security?

Can't find any official statement to this and the description ingame doesn't really tell me.

And what is this still not being able to skip cutscenes ...

Enemies hit twice as hard or more, weapons deal about half the damage or 3/4 of normal. Drops are minimal, everything sells for half the original price. Must be more careful than on Maximum Security. It is more difficult.

1 hour ago, KoeichiHero said:

Thanks to everyone posting about Hardcore mode’s experience in this thread. Was worried it was gonna be a super hard, permadeath run. Thankfully the game isn’t long really, but as I’ve already done 6 playthroughs of this game between the PS4 and PS5 stacks, I’m so burnt out.

Also, I already have all of my weapons upgraded to max, so I’m wondering how that’s gonna work out for me. hopefully, I won’t have to do another playthrough or two to re-upgrade everything to max. Since everything that you can sell is only half value in hardcore mode, that might take upwards to 3 playthroughs-yikes. 

You do not have to upgrade everything in Hardcore, regular mode is enough. I did that on Maximum and trophy popped. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

i cant believe they still havent added skip cutscenes to consoles. Already can on PC so shame its taking so long here.

There best be a mega OP reward from Hardcore Mode, so hopefully you could do Hardcore first then do Max Surv with a mega weapon unless Hardcore pops Max Surv.

Thing is with the next DLC adding ANOTHER difficulty mode, im going to keep waiting.

Im with those that think its best to wait a year or so after release nowadays to get a game........but I also sometimes just want to play a game at release

As if all the vent crawling segments weren't bad enough they make you sit through all the cutscenes again. I think for everyone's sanity they should wait till they add the skip cutscene option before doing any more playthroughs of this game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

It's actually hilarious. Keeping a full 100% profile is madness and takes the fun out of playing the underlying game. Just 100% what you like.

for some people having a 100% profile is fun, i'd love to have it tbf but i don't care that much to try ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Calypox said:

No sense in complaining,

keep your heads up and push through this bs.

The anounced roadmap kinda scares me though. Already smelling playthrough number 4 and 5. 1f602.png

March 2023: Contagion Bundle

Spring 2023: Riot Bundle

Summer 2023: Story Content

I’ll just wait until Summer, plenty of games to play meanwhile!

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 4:50 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I think for everyone's sanity they should wait till they add the skip cutscene option before doing any more playthroughs of this game.

Is this something that they intend to bring to consoles?

Edited by bikeman223

I'm waiting for Hardcore + on NG++ with modifier x2 more enemies and x3 more enemy hp trophie; of course no saves, death = start from beginning of the game. 

But for real they promise us when they announced the game like the trophies gonna be some god-like tier and at the end we got the lamest list humanly possible. I would be okay with those trash trophies if at least the game was good but the combat is awful.

I got the Gears of War 4-5 vibes from this game. Make mediocre game and ad hundreds of boring achievements with no reason besides making people like us suffer. 

• Like 2

Can i start hardcore ng+ with my maximum security save? Or do you have to start a new game to play hardcore? Also is there ng++? Meaning you can start a 3rd playthrough to get all upgrades if need be?

13 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

I'm waiting for Hardcore + on NG++ with modifier x2 more enemies and x3 more enemy hp trophie; of course no saves, death = start from beginning of the game. 

But for real they promise us when they announced the game like the trophies gonna be some god-like tier and at the end we got the lamest list humanly possible. I would be okay with those trash trophies if at least the game was good but the combat is awful.

I got the Gears of War 4-5 vibes from this game. Make mediocre game and ad hundreds of boring achievements with no reason besides making people like us suffer. 

Gears of War has almost always had crappy achievements. One of the most pointless grindy 100% of all time. 

• Like 2

I would appreciate hearing rather opinions and advice from experience on how hardcore is instead of criticizing the inevitable that no matter how much it bothers we cannot do anything about the trophies they have posted. So the only option left is to be patient and get them (in my case)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Can i start hardcore ng+ with my maximum security save? Or do you have to start a new game to play hardcore? Also is there ng++? Meaning you can start a 3rd playthrough to get all upgrades if need be?

No, you can't start Hardcore NG+, this is what I was hoping for when NG+ was released a few weeks ago. That's why I upgraded all weapons prior to the release of Hardcore only to find out you have to play through Hardcore on a normal playthrough first. Hardcore is a separate mode.

And yes there is NG++, this is how i upgraded my weapons before Hardcore was released.

• Like 1

On 9.2.2023 at 4:42 PM, MANU1950 said:

In Ng++ is enough to complete the arsenal?

I had to do NG++ in normal mode until the beginning of chapter 4: "Habitat".

At the end of chapter 3 "Aftermath" I had enough money but the first shop wasn't available until chapter 4.

I think I collected everything and killed every enemy in NG and NG+.

Unless I didn't miss too much I'm pretty sure NG++ is needed for max upgrade. But it only took maybe 2 hours to get their.

Good luck mate

Edited by Calypox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

No, you can't start Hardcore NG+, this is what I was hoping for when NG+ was released a few weeks ago. That's why I upgraded all weapons prior to the release of Hardcore only to find out you have to play through Hardcore on a normal playthrough first. Hardcore is a separate mode.

And yes there is NG++, this is how i upgraded my weapons before Hardcore was released.

Damn, that's brutal. Was hoping to "breeze" through hardcore just once on NG+ getting both trophies and later just play what ever i needed to upgrade everything. Guess i'll just simply take it slow and do one playthrough now and save Hardcore NG+ for later.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TsurugiFenrir said:

Done with the Hardcore, both normal and ng+. Need a break from game now. 

Wasn't that hard, just bit time consuming. Before final boss I had about 7k credits to spend, so I made AR with two upgrades, 200 AR Rounds and just tear through the boss. 

Any questions or tips, Im all for help. 

How did you get through the major part of the game:

- just rushed passed enemies?

- meleed?

- GRP whenver you could or saved your energy?

- And how did you manage to finish off the two-heads, learned their pattern and meleed them or uses the AR as well?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Calypox said:

I had to do NG++ in normal mode until the beginning of chapter 4: "Below".

At the end of chapter 3 "Aftermath" I had enough money but the first shop wasn't available until chapter 4.

I think I collected everything and killed every enemy in NG and NG+.

Unless I didn't miss too much I'm pretty sure NG++ is needed for max upgrade. But it only took maybe 2 hours to get their.

Good luck mate

Dang I was hoping to have enough credits halfway through the first NG+ to max out upgrades. 53,100 credits is needed for all upgrades so it sounds like you can earn ~23,000 credits/playthrough (considering you earn more credits in the later chapters).