Hardcore mode incoming

jonesey46

36 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Not to be a dick here, but I haven't started the game yet, and I was more mocking the ppl who "have" to surport a game they think sucks because thier mental health disorder won't allow them to leave a game unfinished on a website that ultimately is trivial in regard to thier hobby. 

Joking aside then, my message still stands for those people. It's fine to laugh at them but I think ultimately it is an addiction/obsessive compulsive disorder that makes them feel that way.

• Like 3

I haven't even touched NG+ yet so this is quite annoying lmao. I just checked and it seems that Hardcore mode is a separate mode from Normal mode. Normal mode is where all the usual difficulties (Min to Max Security) are. Please do not tell me I have to purchase all weapons and upgrades on the Hardcore save slot. If this is the case then you'd be looking at at least maybe 3-4 playthroughs of Hardcore mode.

Even after one playthrough playing the game initially on Maximum Security, I'm already sick of this game. I'd rather play Resident Evil 2 remake 10 times than this boring ass clunky game.

Based on the upcoming DLCs we're most likely gonna have to do at least two more playthrough of this game after getting all Hardcore mode trophies. 1 for Contagion mode (permadeath) and then another one for Contagion NG+.  Then you have the Riot mode which is an endless survival type of thing. Then a story DLC which may or may not have difficulty trophies and NG+ tied to it which would require multiple playthroughs of that DLC. So in total we might be looking at a total of 7 playthroughs to get 100%, along with some Riot runs and some story DLC playthroughs. Definitely not getting the sequel if there's any ?.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I haven't even touched NG+ yet so this is quite annoying lmao. I just checked and it seems that Hardcore mode is a separate mode from Normal mode. Normal mode is where all the usual difficulties (Min to Max Security) are. Please do not tell me I have to purchase all weapons and upgrades on the Hardcore save slot. If this is the case then you'd be looking at at least maybe 3-4 playthroughs of Hardcore mode.

Even after one playthrough playing the game initially on Maximum Security, I'm already sick of this game. I'd rather play Resident Evil 2 remake 10 times than this boring ass clunky game.

People already have the all weapons and upgrades trophy so it seems that can be gotten in the regular modes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

That's exactly what he said; a mental health disorder.

If you hate this game so much, why on Earth would you voluntarily subject yourself to it? That just sounds unhealthy to me.

I'm a completionist at heart, and I have been since trophies launched in 2008, but I refuse to finish a game to 100% if I flat-out don't like playing it anymore. I know these are just video games so this may come across as hyperbole, but when you feel forced to perform activities against your will then that's a boundary issue you might want to tackle sooner rather than later. These types of personality traits can lead to some very damaging scenarios in your life once it leaks outside of video games.

In Germany we call this personality disorder obsessive-compulsive disorder (Zwangsstörung).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

In Germany we call this personality disorder obsessive-compulsive disorder (Zwangsstörung).

In Belgium we call this personality disorder obsessive-compulsive disorder (Zwangsstörung in German) -> Dwangstoornis.

Just so we know what we are dealing with in all languages xD

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aimeraya said:

I've been hunting trophies for 13 years. I've never seen such an awful dlc set. I can't see any clear planning from the developer and publisher.

Check the original TLOU set. 

It also requires 4-5 plays and they had the audacity to actually CHARGE you for the difficulty mode.

I always strive for 100%, but that list has been at 3% for a decade 

16 hours ago, Fiercethetear said:

At this point, it is way better to play new games at least 1-1.5 years after their release. Not only from a trophy hunting perspective- considering how broken games are at launch, there is literally no point forking out 70 quid.

Ain't this the truth. This common trend with video games essentially ended trophy hunting/completionism for me, with Watch Dogs Legion being the straw that broke the camel's back. I was supposed to play that boring, broken game again but with more infuriating factors? Yeah, f that.

Good luck to everyone attempting this though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

There best be a mega OP reward from Hardcore Mode, so hopefully you could do Hardcore first then do Max Surv with a mega weapon unless Hardcore pops Max Surv.

Like the foam gun from Dead Space 2, that would be awesome. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty much going to sit on this until they are done releasing DLC to try and see what may the best way to do all of it in the fewest amount of playthru's... or abandon it altogether.. I'm over trying to complete games that just aren't enjoyable (feel like a chore)

Edited by craig_obviously
  • Like 2

Okay, you don't have to get all upgrades and weapons on Hardcore, the trophy will pop as soon as you load save from end game, buy and upgrade everything. Did it last night, trophy popped. 

Now doing HC run, enemies hit harder, drops are small, very small and not every enemy has drops. Two playtroughs are mandatory for the trophies. Guess I will spend some more hours in there. No permadeath, that one will come with Contagion bundle.

And by the way, dach item is only worth half the credits. For example, Health Injectors are 50 credits, GRP Pack is worth 5 credits and so on. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 6:56 PM, TsurugiFenrir said:

Now doing HC run, enemies hit harder, drops are small, very small and not every enemy has drops. Two playtroughs are mandatory for the trophies. Guess I will spend some more hours in there. No permadeath, that one will come with Contagion bundle.

And by the way, dach item is only worth half the credits. For example, Health Injectors are 50 credits, GRP Pack is worth 5 credits and so on. 

Doesn’t sound like it’s worth trying to max out your upgrades on HC or HC+ then.

I still think it’ll be best to do it in this order but I’ll acknowledge a more optimised route. 

1. Medium run for all collectibles/misc trophies

2. Max Security NG+ and fully upgrading the weapons.

3. Hardcore 

4. Hardcore +

This doesn’t account for the forthcoming permadeath, but that’s part of a paid expansion that I probably won’t get until a decent sale happens.

Edited by bikeman223

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

And no doubt you have to complete the game on Maximum Survivor to unlock Hardcore XD.

I cant even recall how much we can upgrade in a single playthrough. Hardcore trophy is all good, but why bother with Hardcore NG+ as well..... oh well, grind will have to begin a again I guess assuming Hardcore is already unlocked

Actually, it unlocks even if you haven't beaten the game yet. I just started and I was greeted with a message yesterday that I unlocked it. 

6 hours ago, hsn963 said:

Can you start this hardcore mode immediatly, or do you have to unlock it first ?

I had a message saying that I unlocked the mode and I haven't even finished the game

• Like 2

I am just wondering if there is some solid reward for beating both modes. The nature of replayability is to coming back not just to challenge yourself, but also get rewarded at the, via either score ranking or extra unlockables. That's what makes games like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry so much fun to play again and again. I will be curious to check it out once I beat the game and go through maximum difficulty. 

10 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I am just wondering if there is some solid reward for beating both modes. The nature of replayability is to coming back not just to challenge yourself, but also get rewarded at the, via either score ranking or extra unlockables. That's what makes games like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry so much fun to play again and again. I will be curious to check it out once I beat the game and go through maximum difficulty. 

I have a strong feeling there is no unlockables/extra rewards. 

I just can’t believe they think their game is that good to warrant 5+ playthroughs ?  I feel robbed already paying $70. You’re not gonna force me to have seconds and thirds of a crappy half baked meal. 

Never looked at their roadmap post release and I guess I should’ve. Shows the laziness of just adding more “hard modes” to the clunkiest game of this generation. And a survival/horde mode? Yikes. I won’t be touching this with a 10 foot pole.

The game on my card reflects their final product: incomplete and unfinished.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

A bunch of idiots in this thread,why play a game when you dont like or you dont enjoy it,nobody is forcing you

Crybabies all the time,trophy hunters one of the most toxic communities out there

It sometimes become like this when you're deep into trophies and your supposedly quick platinum suddenly turns into a major chore.

To our defense, a few vocal vocies doesn't represent all of us.?

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 4

Can anybody tell if hardcore is more, less or equally as difficult as Maximum Security?

Can't find any official statement to this and the description ingame doesn't really tell me.

And what is this still not being able to skip cutscenes ...

Edited by Calypox