Hardcore mode incoming

jonesey46

More than likely its a permadeath mode. If so, hopefully we can back up saves cause as much as I like this game, it's very easy to die in this game by accidentally pointing the analog stick the wrong way...

I just started NG+ on Maximum Security last night but now I'm thinking I'll wait to see what this 'hardcore' mode entails.

2 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

3 new trophies - 

Finish game in hardcore mode

Finish game in hardcore mode NG+

Purchase all weapons and upgrade

Now to see how brutal HC really is.

Oh no.... How many times are we supposed to play through this game now? At least two more playthroughs?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

3 new trophies - 

Finish game in hardcore mode

Finish game in hardcore mode NG+

Purchase all weapons and upgrade

Now to see how brutal HC really is.

And no doubt you have to complete the game on Maximum Survivor to unlock Hardcore XD.

I cant even recall how much we can upgrade in a single playthrough. Hardcore trophy is all good, but why bother with Hardcore NG+ as well..... oh well, grind will have to begin a again I guess assuming Hardcore is already unlocked

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I guess it depends of if Hardcore stacks with Max Security and if HC+ stacks with NG+.

Those are the big questions. If HC NG+ doesn't stack with normal NG+, i'll have to do three (!) more playthroughs for 100%. #FML

There is a mode selection screen in the main menu after selecting NG+... It looks like normal and HC are completely separate modes in NG+, too. So i assume they don't stack.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

What's the point of beating HC NG+ if you did it in new game where it is supposed to be harder? 

It reminds me ps3 era where difficulty trophies in some games didn't stack. (i'm looking at you KH chain of memories)

I love on how everyone who has got Platinum on KH COM PS3, still remembers the sheer ludicrousness of completing 6 playthroughs. Not to mention the grind to get the RNG enemy cards, took me 2 hours to get one specific card. I genuinely thought my game was bugged. 

• Like 2

I have a question. I have platinum the game in 1.08 by downgrading to version 1.0 which gave the weapons failures and stuff. If I enter and want to do ng+, can't I do it? Why did it give me the failure of the weapons? So I understood that I should play maximum security again?

Edited by MANU1950