whats the gameplay like in this game? what can the player do?

rockstarjazz

9 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i might be interested in this game despite criticisms and just want to check from those who platinum the game what gameplay comes with this game?

is the platinum straight forward or grindy/tough?

Just use a guide for all collectibles and you'll be fine. Its a generic 3rd person shooter.

aim, shoot, reload. Collect items. Thats about all there is to it

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

Game is essentially a benchmark for what the PS4 could do, kinda like what Linger in the Shadows was for the PS3 or Astro's Playroom for the PS5. If you aren't into cinematic focused games this might not be the game for you as there is a constant letter box frame and un-skippable cutscenes. The gameplay is alright, nothing too innovative but also not, not fun. It's really short and I felt the game doesn't overstay its welcome.

The plat is straight forward with the only thing to worry about is collectables as if you miss one you will have to play through the whole game again. There is a chapter select (which doesn't track collectables correctly) so misc. trophies can be earned with no real hassle. No grind or tough trophies for this game. If you played any type of shooter, you won't have trouble.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Easy plat with a collectible guide and a short game - which is a plus, because although still very pretty to look at, it is generic in the gameplay department. It's short enough that you'll be done with it somewhere between "it's not that bad, actually pretty ok" and "get that boring piece of crap out of my face". 

So better than most 20h+ games I guess ?

Not that great but worth checking out. 

For me I was not a fan of the decision to include top and bottom black bars throughout all gameplay (instead of just limiting them to the cinematics/cutscenes), plus the lack of an opinion to toggle film grain on/off.

Without getting into it the ending was somewhat disappointing. I’d say the rest of The Order: 1886 was fine, albeit too short for a game that was sold at a full “AAA” game price eight years ago (what a mistake that was, should’ve been half of said price just as Ninja Theory did with Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice having released two years later).

Edited by Dry

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

what gameplay comes with this game?

is the platinum straight forward or grindy/tough?

I don’t have the platinum, but it’s a third person shooter. You move and shoot stuff. With different weapons.

It’s pretty straight forward and you can get surprisingly far without popping a trophy, so give it a shot if you’re okay with that. 

• 1 year later...

a lot of quick time event cutscenes and walking, and sometimes basic cover shooter with some of standard weapons and a few interesting special weapons, that you won't have enough opportunities to try