Are places like this safe to buy from?

Camokidd87

Long story short i wanted to get the girlfriend the ps5 ratchet clank game. She has a digital ps5 so i cant buy her the physical. I googled ps5 ratchet clank voucher code and a few sites like these pop up. Places like cdkeys.com ect. Are they legit? They just give you the digital code redeemable for a ps5? The price on ps store is $69.99 right now and theyre offering the code for $32. Just havent went this route before so im unsure. 

gVOJyr3.jpeg

xh2Z4n7.jpeg

Edited by Camokidd87

I've bought prepaid card codes, ps now/plus subscriptions, game pass subs from sites like cdkeys, kinguin, eneba and didn't have a single issue with them. And from what I've read, even if you do encounter a problem, like a code not working, it's not a big deal, you just contact them and resolve the issue. Haven't even heard of the site you're mentioning though, maybe it's not popular in my country and haven't caught my eye. it's more of a general opinion about "these types of sites" - used them multiple times, zero issues. 

3 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

I've bought prepaid card codes, ps now/plus subscriptions, game pass subs from sites like cdkeys, kinguin, eneba and didn't have a single issue with them. And from what I've read, even if you do encounter a problem, like a code not working, it's not a big deal, you just contact them and resolve the issue. Haven't even heard of the site you're mentioning though, maybe it's not popular in my country and haven't caught my eye. it's more of a general opinion about "these types of sites" - used them multiple times, zero issues. 

Yes ive bought psn money codes and ps plus subscription codes ect before from various sites like play asia and others but never bought a game. I just think it could be unsafe maybe im just paranoid. If sites like these sell sonys games half price why would anyone buy from sony store? Ratchet alone is 70 but in that site i could get ratchet and ragnarok for 75. Seems too good to be true. 

21 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

They do not sell you the game itself but a PSN account that's purchased the game.

Not worth the risk in my opinion. There's no guarantee you'll have access to the account indefinitely, as people have reported suddenly losing those accounts after some time. 

My brother bought a game with this method, it was the Witcher 3 and about 2 or 3 months later the account no longer worked. He then bought a disc which didn't have the same save files and then after a few months bought an actual digital version at which point he'd forgotten how to play.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

if its legit they'd probably just send you the disc.

10 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

They do not sell you the game itself but a PSN account that's purchased the game.

Not worth the risk in my opinion. There's no guarantee you'll have access to the account indefinitely, as people have reported suddenly losing those accounts after some time. 

4 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

My brother bought a game with this method, it was the Witcher 3 and about 2 or 3 months later the account no longer worked. He then bought a disc which didn't have the same dave files and then after a few months bought an actual digital version at which point he'd forgotten how to play.

Indeed.  I went to go pretend purchase it and it said itll give me an account with that game on it. No way. Not interested in putting an unknown account that could be suspect to psn on anyones ps5. And she wouldnt really want to do that anyway.

bbaYVPn.jpeg

Edited by Camokidd87

36 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Yes ive bought psn money codes and ps plus subscription codes ect before from various sites like play asia and others but never bought a game. I just think it could be unsafe maybe im just paranoid. If sites like these sell sonys games half price why would anyone buy from sony store? Ratchet alone is 70 but in that site i could get ratchet and ragnarok for 75. Seems too good to be true. 

Sony isnt always selling Ratchet for 70...dude it was under $30 just last month...

Sites like these just were able to get a ton of codes from Sony for a discount price, once the codes sell out thats it.

But yeah Ragnarok havent been on sale yet, so 75 for both is a pretty good deal but theres always a risk with these sites. Been around enough you hear the nightmares from people about them.

Edited by LadyGallethX3

16 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Indeed.  I went to go pretend purchase it and it said itll give me an account with that game on it. No way. Not interested in putting an unknown account that could be suspect to psn on anyones ps5. And she wouldnt really want to do that anyway.

bbaYVPn.jpeg

Your best bet, Facebook marketplace. People sell low price often enough. I've seen R&C for $50 Canadian. $30 once. It was $30 at boxing week too i believe.

16 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Sony isnt always selling Ratchet for 70...dude it was under $30 just last month...

Sites like these just were able to get a ton of codes from Sony for a discount price, once the codes sell out thats it.

But yeah Ragnarok havent been on sale yet, so 75 for both is a pretty good deal but theres always a risk with these sites. Been around enough you hear the nightmares from people about them.

Yes i remember it being on sale. Figures now i want to get it for someone and its full price again. That sites a scam they give you a random account that has the game on it. 

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Your best bet, Facebook marketplace. People sell low price often enough. I've seen R&C for $50 Canadian. $30 once. It was $30 at boxing week too i believe.

She has a digital only ps5. I was just curious if i could buy her a voucher for it online somewhere. I could get a physical cheaper anywhere but theres no disk drive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid Difmark like the plague.

If you have any issues, they tend to side with the seller and leave you out of pocket. Until you write a review on Trust Pilot that is, and then suddenly they'll offer a refund in exchange for removal of said review.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2023 at 2:20 AM, breakingthegreen said:

My brother bought a game with this method, it was the Witcher 3 and about 2 or 3 months later the account no longer worked. He then bought a disc which didn't have the same save files and then after a few months bought an actual digital version at which point he'd forgotten how to play.

I am guessing game of the Year and original release have different save files as they have a separate trophy list.

54 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

I am guessing game of the Year and original release have different save files as they have a separate trophy list.

They do, but this all occurred before the game of the year release came out, some games just have separate save files for physical versus digital, I know Ratchet and Clank (2016) was the same, Telltales Batman wasn't.

I've never heard specifically of GoCDKeys like in your images...I only know of regular CDKeys, which is a legit site. I reupped my PS+ a couple years back, a Year for $28...though it's not been that low since, and especially not since PS+ added tiers. I used Eneba to buy the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass a few weeks ago as they had it for $16, I used them to reup my NSO about a week ago, only because they had it for $17 and change...not a big deal, but it saved a couple bucks. 

I've never bought a game from them though...if it's just an account, then I'd avoid it. 

• 1 month later...