The game is unplayable

Oberlin1694

Constant frame-drops, stuttering and screen tearing, and the frames have actually dropped to 0 for periods between 30-60s. Has anyone else had these issues? Anything I can do to fix it? The fact the games running like this is honestly fucking disgusting. I’ve never seen anything so piss-poor performance wise in my life. 

1 hour ago, Lion_Squid said:

That's disappointing to hear, I'm not usually into games like this but getting to play as like a robot or whatever sounded cool.

It’s a shame indeed. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it so I’ll see if that fixes it.

The game’s actually really good too so the performance is really disappointing 

2 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Constant frame-drops, stuttering and screen tearing, and the frames have actually dropped to 0 for periods between 30-60s. Has anyone else had these issues? Anything I can do to fix it? The fact the games running like this is honestly fucking disgusting. I’ve never seen anything so piss-poor performance wise in my life. 

i had no issues. I played at launch. No idea on other patches. Perhaps tweet the dev team or fb them. They're very responsive and helpful.

It happened to me couple of times and I noticed it happened when I shut down the game, if you keep playing for about 5-10 minutes while it freezes or frame rate dropes down it will somehow fix it self! That’s what I did at least and after that it worked good!

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 2:10 AM, totakos1 said:

It happened to me couple of times and I noticed it happened when I shut down the game, if you keep playing for about 5-10 minutes while it freezes or frame rate dropes down it will somehow fix it self! That’s what I did at least and after that it worked good!

Sadly it’s not improving at all for me and in no world should trying to persevere until it magically fixes itself be deemed as a solution. I’m just going to record the game being played and submit a refund request. I’m disappointed as I was really excited to play this but I’ve never seen such poor performance in my life. It isn’t the odd hiccup or stutter, it’s fucking constant

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

Ive been playing this recently myself and havent encountered any fos drops or stuttering at all. Shame your having issues it really is a good game.

Yeah I have no clue what’s going on, I haven’t had any issues with a single other game. Just this one. Which setting’s best if you don’t have a television that can play at the higher resolutions. I chose favor frame-rate. And it doesn’t seem to favour frame-rate at all :’L 

7 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Yeah I have no clue what’s going on, I haven’t had any issues with a single other game. Just this one. Which setting’s best if you don’t have a television that can play at the higher resolutions. I chose favor frame-rate. And it doesn’t seem to favour frame-rate at all :’L 

Are you saying you have a older tv? I just play on whatever the basic setting is i didnt change anything.

36 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

Are you saying you have an older tv? I just play on whatever the basic setting is i didnt change anything.

I mean it’s a flat screen etc. so not majorly old. Only had it a couple of years, I’ve tweeted the dev’s about it. I just wanna be able to play it but the frame rate drops are killing it for me. Like god damnit Spiders, I love your games and I want to support you but this isn’t on :( 

yeah if OP is only one having issues, id be checking:

- TV model + firmware (if applicable)

- Console + TV settings

- Game is up to date (obvious but never know)

- Playing unpatched offline if you own disc (in case it is update issue)

and lastly as stupid as it sounds:

- upload any save data, completely delete the game and try a fresh install. In an age of technology, updates and installs sometimes do have the odd hiccup. Where you may need to do a fresh install. Moreso with phones, laptops, etc. not so much games, but its a shot that doesnt take long if you have decent internet speed.

Keep us posted!

12 hours ago, Miles-MHunter said:

Playing right now, solid 60 fps, no errors or tearing. But some weird freezes once In a while, like  half a second freeze once in 2 hours, nothing serious

God knows then. Only game I’m having any issues with. I’ve deleted and reinstalled it twice now. Second time I installed it in rest mode. Hopefully it fixes it as I was enjoying what little I played. I really don’t want to have to request a refund as Sony sucks with them.

Update: The above install seems to have fixed the issues. Don’t know what was causing them but I’ve been playing far longer than my previous sessions and experienced no issues bar the usual expected Spiders jank. I’m honestly so happy

Edited by Oberlin1694
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

Most times when people complain about frame drops 9 out of 10 its not teh game but your internet! Not sure what you got but maybe look into that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 6:05 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Most times when people complain about frame drops 9 out of 10 its not teh game but your internet! Not sure what you got but maybe look into that

Yeah you are so wrong, this is a single player game. Internet connection has absolutely no bearing on frame drops.

• Like 1

I play on performance (60 fps) mode and it runs quite well, experienced only 2 or 3 hiccups so far, never during combat. I'm still amazed by the fact that your stamina recovers while you're charging a heavy attack! I have zero stamina investment in my strenght build and gonna keep it that way 🤣

GravityQueeen.png

• Like 1

Just an update to my previous comment: I had frame drops and a couple crashes at the Bastille and Versailles, especially the latter seemed hard to be processed, even playing only with performance mode on. I wouldn't go as far as calling it unplayable, but certainly disappointing in a game that can be so fun and very pleasant story-wise. Yet those issues didn't happen while I was fighting normally, but it is more frequent if you do some speedrun and run past enemies, leaving and entering named areas, etc.

What somewhat bothers me is the number of invisible walls in a soulslike with jump and airdash! Even worse is getting stuck in a sliding animation and needing to quit the game if you tried to climb certain rocks and terrains. Is it a classic "Spiders, you could've done better" situation or just a good game that is easily broken if not played "correctly"? Don't get me wrong, though, I like Steelrising a lot and I'm having a blast with my high poise, pure wrecking ball Aegis! Just hope the DLC holds a strenght weapon for me...

GravityQueeen.png

I experienced very few issues during my time to 100%. It is possible that it's due to running past enemies which I noticed in other games like Vampyr as well. Most of the time, this wasn't an issue because I was just killing all the enemies for XP anyway. Really good game though. Spiders is a good studio.