PSNP Interviews: Pirelli913 - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our next interviewee is none other than @Pirelli913. Let's find out more about this gaming veteran!

Pirelli913.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until March 14th, 2023. Pirelli has provided the community with a snippet about himself to help with coming up with questions.

About Me

I've been gaming before many of you were born, which is sad because it means I'm old. Back in the 80's, while all my friends had an NES, my parents didn't even have cable. But we did have a computer, an Apple IIGS. I had a few games for it, some of which can actually be purchased on Steam today! It wasn't until the early 90's that my parents finally gave in and bought me and my sister a Sega Genesis. I had loads of fun riding my bike to the local video store to rent a game every so often. Even after owning a Sega, I still primarily gamed on PC with some old school 90's PC games.

Around 20 years ago, I finally got into console gaming again. I bought a PSone in 2001 and an original Xbox in 2004. My first game I played on it was X-Men Legends after seeing this cool live action TV spot. It was also my first ever RPG, but not realizing I had to level up my characters, I kept wondering why the game was getting so hard and why Wolverine never healed. Then I played Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and the stealth genre instantly became one of my all-time favorites. Unlike many players, I've always had insane patience when it comes to stealth games.

In 2007, I bought a PS2 mainly for its exclusives like Tomb Raider Anniversary and my sister and her then boyfriend (now husband) introduced me to God of War. In late 2009, I was debating between Xbox 360 and PS3, eventually settling on the latter due to it having Blu-ray, something I didn't have yet. My first game was a borrowed copy of Assassin's Creed from my brother-in-law. Six months later, in June 2010, I played my first ever online MP game Transformers: War For Cybertron, where I met most of my close friends and have even met a few of them in real life, too.

Unfortunately, two of my gamer friends have passed away, one in January 2016 after being hit and killed by a drunk driver and one in February 2019 due to health complications. Never take life for granted and always appreciate that you're alive to witness your next most anticipated game release.

The following year, 2011, saw me take a decline in gaming with friends as I spent over six months playing Mass Effect 2. My friends hated that I wouldn't party up with them, but can ya blame me? Thankfully, in 2012 when Mass Effect 3 released, it had a fun wave based horde mode and most of my Transformers family moved over to join me on it. I still play its co-op with a few of my friends even today. Then, in late 2013, I bought a launch edition PS4, the same one I've had ever since and, thankfully, I never had to replace it.

However, until May 2015, all games I had for my PS4 were digital PS+ games. Prior to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt releasing, I bought a 2 TB HDD and installed it (with the help of a YouTube video) into my PS4 and then took my PS4's existing 500 GB HDD and installed it into my PS3. And then for the rest of 2015 and 2016, I played The Witcher 3. And it's because of The Witcher 3 that in 2019 I began reading the novels the games were based on and eventually got a gaming laptop so I could play both The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

I'll be honest, it took a little while to get used to The Witcher due to its dated game play and graphics, but once I got used to those, I realized the story is incredible and I recommend any fan of The Witcher to at least watch a video walkthrough of the first game. The second game, both in terms of graphics and game play, still holds up even today and I began delving into mods for each game, too. My most anticipated game of 2020 was Cyberpunk 2077 due to how high I held CDPR. Unfortunately, their rep took a massive hit after its release.

My most anticipated game of 2021 was the Mass Effect Legendary Edition as I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy. And being able to record clips from cutscenes using my Shepard has always been something I've desired. I never was able to record clips on my PS3 because I didn't have the equipment necessary to do so, but PS4 has that feature built in and I can't wait!

Finally, the first big wish I have in terms of gaming is to get a Dino Crisis remake. I feel this will happen, especially after the success of the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes. The second big wish I have in terms of gaming is to get either a new Splinter Cell, continuing the story of Sam Fisher, or to get a remake of the original. I'm okay with either concept. The Amazon Canada and Walmart Canada leaks a few years ago got me excited and then E3 crushed my hopes and dreams. However, Ubisoft themselves confirmed a remake of the first game in December 2021!

Anyway, take care, all you beautiful people and may you be blessed with at least two plats in whatever year you're reading this.

And if you wanna see my mad editing skills, here's two music videos I uploaded on YouTube years ago (assuming you like either show):

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an interviewee

As we've had a lot of interest, new applications are temporarily closed, but I'll open the interview signup thread back up after more names have been cleared.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. You have 100%-ed Mafia: Definitive Edition and Mafia III on your PSN profile, when will you start Mafia II? :D
  2. What do your gaming friends think about trophy hunting?

3. You haven't wrote a guide since 2020. Any plans to write another one?

4. How does it feel like being interviewed?

5. Thoughts on private servers?

6. Least favourite trophy DLC packs?

7. Favourite trophy DLC packs?

8. Have you ever met someone famous?

9. If you had one wish, either for yourself or the entire world, what would it be and why?

10. What's the worst game you ever played?

11. Whats' one game you wish was more well known?

12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where and why?

13. Do you consider yourself more of a hero, or a villain?

14. Which football team do you support? 

15. When did you start drumming and what got you into it? What sort of music do you play/listen to?

16. Do you have a single favorite piece of drumming? (Mine would be Lateralus by Tool, with the disclaimer that I know nothing about drumming other than what sounds good to my ears.)

17. It looks like you strive for a 100% account. Do you feel this limits the games you play? Or do have an alternate account and/or play some games on other platforms to maintain your 100%?

18. What's your favorite game from each decade (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s)?

19. How would one go about creating the perfect sandwich and what's on it?

20. Who is your favorite professional athlete?

21. Do you think gamers are "spoiled" nowadays compared to the 80s/90s?

22. What's your opinion on chinchillas?
  23. What's your opinion on the Witcher Netflix series, assuming you've seen it, (and is it worth watching if someone hasn't read the books or played the games?)
  24. Ever played the Cyperpunk Table Top game?
  25. Which Mass Effect Romance path was your first route?
  26. In which game world would you least like to be a leader (Monarch/ president/ dictator ect...)
  27. You have one of the most impressive game profiles I've ever seen. How do you select the games you want to play? Is it by difficulty, franchise or genre?

28. Have you pre-ordered any games?

29. Do you pre-order games to get the added content?

30. Do you have any pets?

31. Are you happy you have stayed with the PS consoles or are you tempted to jump over to PC for the add-ons?

32. What are your thoughts on cyberpunk 2077?

33. What’s your favorite weather and why?

34. Do you drink coffee?

35. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what’s your favorite?

36. Who's your favorite James Bond?

37. Can you think of a character in any show or TV than has worse luck that Perpetual Victim Kim Bauer? The sheer number of times she was kidnapped or placed in harms way by sheer luck or happenstance was astonishing.

38. I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. Do you have any favourite memories (could be gaming-related or otherwise) you'd feel alright sharing?

39. Being a completionist, were there any games you really had to push yourself to finish in terms of boredom or difficulty?
  40. I'd like to thank you for all the helpful tips you gave for Jurassic World Evolution! Does the second game interest you at all, or any other building/management sims?
  41. What are your thoughts on the most recent Tomb Raider trilogy? Are you hoping for a change of direction now that it's over, or more of the same for future games in the series?
  42. Also, I noticed you're missing Rise of the Tomb Raider from your list - Are there any reasons for that or plans to play?
  43. What would be the most interesting mythology for the God of War series to take on next?
  44. If there was a remake of the OG Splinter Cell, what sort of improvements or additions would you like to see?
  45. Are there any other stealth games/series you'd recommend?
Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 4

If you had one wish, either for yourself or the entire world, what would it be and why?

whats the worst game you ever played?

whats one game you wish was more well known ?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where and why?

do you consider yourself more of a hero, or a villain?

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

I primarily focused on gaming in my bio because I just copied it from my About Me on my PSNP profile, but feel free to ask about other topics, too, like football/soccer, TMNT, dinosaurs or drumming. 1f642.png

Which football team do you support? 

When did you start drumming and what got you into it? What sort of music do you play/listen to? 

• Like 2

Do you have a single favorite piece of drumming? (Mine would be Lateralus by Tool, with the disclaimer that I know nothing about drumming other than what sounds good to my ears.)

It looks like you strive for a 100% account. Do you feel this limits the games you play? Or do have an alternate account and/or play some games on other platforms to maintain your 100%?

• Like 2

• What's your opinion on chinchillas?
  • What's your opinion on the Witcher Netflix series, assuming you've seen it, (and is it worth watching if someone hasn't read the books or played the games?)
  • Ever played the Cyperpunk Table Top game?
  • Which Mass Effect Romance path was your first route?
  • In which game world would you least like to be a leader (Monarch/ president/ dictator ect...) 
  • Like 2

I legit can't wait to reveal my answers to some of these. I'm impatient, so I made a Word document with most of my answers already. And yes, I've answered every single one even the few that made me lift one eyebrow as if I'm smelling what the Rock is cooking.

• Like 2

1. I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. Do you have any favourite memories (could be gaming-related or otherwise) you'd feel alright sharing?
  2. Being a completionist, were there any games you really had to push yourself to finish in terms of boredom or difficulty?
  3. I'd like to thank you for all the helpful tips you gave for Jurassic World Evolution! Does the second game interest you at all, or any other building/management sims?
  4. What are your thoughts on the most recent Tomb Raider trilogy? Are you hoping for a change of direction now that it's over, or more of the same for future games in the series?
  5. Also, I noticed you're missing Rise of the Tomb Raider from your list - Are there any reasons for that or plans to play?
  6. What would be the most interesting mythology for the God of War series to take on next?
  7. If there was a remake of the OG Splinter Cell, what sort of improvements or additions would you like to see?
  8. Are there any other stealth games/series you'd recommend?
  • Like 1