RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

14 minutes ago, Sanevin said:

Who is still looking to be called out? I'm itching to use mine.

I have not along with several others. Check the spreadsheet on the main page for others. But if you want someone quick and easy, I'm your guy.

That reminds me... My plan is to get last place, and to ensure this, I need to call out @DEI2EK to finish Final Fantasy 7 to get him on the board.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4126-final-fantasy-vii/DEI2EK

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I have not along with several others. Check the spreadsheet on the main page for others. But if you want someone quick and easy, I'm your guy.

That reminds me... My plan is to get last place, and to ensure this, I need to call out @DEI2EK to finish Final Fantasy 7 to get him on the board.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4126-final-fantasy-vii/DEI2EK

Suppose I should boot up my old save and finish grinding out these trophies. 

just for my records I’m sitting at 50% completion on it right now 

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 1

Finished Disgaea 4's story, am focusing on that for the time being since it's more points. Also, the post-game grind is real. I also have to deal with the other games. FFXIV needs to get to a point where I can do the Hatchingtide event so that at least one of my two characters(soon to be three as I am going to try out all of the jobs) gets the Tonberry costume because there's only two days left before the event ends and since my dad had to go to church on Thursday and leave us at home, I have to go to gym tomorrow instead. :(

I'm expecting Divinity Original Sin to take me awhile, I did the second game last time so I want to finish the series. And that's what I'm mostly going to focus on is finishing series. One trophy stack per sequel, except ones that are defunct or are multiplayer games.

Here's a list of RPGs I have not started:

Skyrim (PS3)

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy VIII

Legend of Dragoon

Bloodborne

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, but even though it's just started I'd rather call somebody out that's active in the thread.

Now since you posted first, and are therefore active in the thread I'll call you out @Beyondthegrave07

You've completed most of the games you've played recently, so I had to dig a little bit.  I'm going to call you out to complete Kingdom Hearts 2:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2950-kingdom-hearts-ii/Beyondthegrave07

• Like 1

Welp.  My save file for 9th Dawn III corrupted this morning, meaning two months of work (and 180 hours of recorded play time) just went down the toilet.  My USB backup isn't worth a damn because it's too far removed from the present, so it's time to start from scratch on that one and push back any progress I was going to make in this event.

/sigh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acasser said:

Welp.  My save file for 9th Dawn III corrupted this morning, meaning two months of work (and 180 hours of recorded play time) just went down the toilet.  My USB backup isn't worth a damn because it's too far removed from the present, so it's time to start from scratch on that one and push back any progress I was going to make in this event.

/sigh

Oh jeez, maybe we will be fighting for last place! xD I can think of nothing worse than losing a 180 hour save. Best of luck in your restart. Bright side is at least you know what to do now...

Almost want someone to call you out on this game (if you haven't been called out yet). Not sure if that would be the motivation you need or cruel and unusual punishment. Lol.

1 hour ago, acasser said:

/sigh

My condolences. It sucks when save data gets corrupted. :(

Trying desperately to find some quick and easy KEMCO RPGs to put in this list. The ones I put in seem a bit too complex involving "Lily System" relationship mechanics and there are no guides. Why is this?

Anyways, managed to get some work done yesterday on... nevermind, I'm sure this isn't like Spring Backlog where you record your progress. It's taking a long time to get any RPGs close to platinum, though Hogwarts Legacy just got the first part done and it's autumn in Hogwarts, so I'm getting there.

3 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I might be blind but how do we know what the seasonal bonus is?

2 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

I havent see it either and I am about to post my first scoring. 

From the start of the event (on page 6 of the thread):

On 3/31/2023 at 9:06 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Tomorrow has come! Yes, the first theme we have relates to Easter, Spring and all the new growing that's happening. So the theme for April is Rebirth. Anything that involves resurrection, coming back from the dead or creating new life would qualify. Some pictoral evidence would be appreciated, if possible when claiming the Seasonal Bonus.

It would probably be helpful to add the current and previous monthly themes to the OP @Psy-Tychist

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Trying desperately to find some quick and easy KEMCO RPGs to put in this list. The ones I put in seem a bit too complex involving "Lily System" relationship mechanics and there are no guides. Why is this?

This is exactly what you didn't ask for, but I've been working on my first Kemco game in Asdivine Cross and would recommend against it. Extremely RPG Maker in every way, with nothing really to justify the mandatory NG+ playthrough or lengthy postgame grind afterward. I know that at least in part is Kemco's whole shtick, but it's my understanding that the rest of their stuff is much shorter.

24 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

From the start of the event (on page 6 of the thread):

It would probably be helpful to add the current and previous monthly themes to the OP @Psy-Tychist

This is exactly what you didn't ask for, but I've been working on my first Kemco game in Asdivine Cross and would recommend against it. Extremely RPG Maker in every way, with nothing really to justify the mandatory NG+ playthrough or lengthy postgame grind afterward. I know that at least in part is Kemco's whole shtick, but it's my understanding that the rest of their stuff is much shorter.

Thanks, not sure how I missed that. Also had a question about the series stacker points, does that only apply to series of games you beat during the competition?

like I have 5 trails plats right now, would I get the series bonus points for platting another one?

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

This is exactly what you didn't ask for, but I've been working on my first Kemco game in Asdivine Cross and would recommend against it.

Too little, too late my friend. It's already sitting on my PS5. xD

To be honest, I played through Illusion of L'Phalcia on the Vita without the boosts and I've seen worse. Also, I am grinding out trophies in Disgaea 4 Complete+. That game makes Asdivine Cross look like a grinding noob, haven't even gotten to getting all the pirate ship parts yet. :P

2nd update:

Mato Anomalies: 100+(6x2+2x5+1x48=)70-8.82(rarity)+50(SpeedRun 2/10)+50(New Game)+100(seasonal stacker #3)=361.18

Big story spoiler on Mato for seasonal bonus:

Spoiler

The story is all about revival and being reborn. Protagonist is to be reborn to serve a purpose for alien to control the system (like the Matrix?) and the 2nd main char (Gram) is actually the player himself (Doe) at the end been reborn himself.

vDvp1gq.png

Edited by YokA_sun
  • Like 4