Darksider

I haven't begun playing the online mode yet (currently doing the single player, but getting sidetracked with multi-day hunting trips), but I've read up a bit about it.

The picture I've gotten of it is that it'll be quite easy, compared to GTA5. It doesn't seem like there are any trophies that require the coordination of multiple people like the Heist stuff. Doomsday was so f-ing terrible it's the only game since 2011 I've left at less than 100%.

There is one trophy for being awarded the MVP in a certain amount of games (four, I think), but unlike in the first RDR it doesn't have to be consecutive, meaning you should be able to get it eventually as long as you keep playing.

Other than that it mostly seems like exp grinding, which got easier/faster a while after release via a new job role.

Sorry for not having any first-hand experience to share, but I've looked it up quite well and I'm not getting a feeling of dread from this as I did for the Doomsday trophies (or even the rally or play all game modes - which had to be boosted since nobody played them). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darksider said:

GTA V online trophies were a pain (not really base game online trophies, but The Doomsday Heist trophies). I just wanna know if I should be worried about RDR2 online trophies. 

Unfortunately the RDR2 online is all boring grind with nothing to redeem it that i could see.  I d take 50 hours of Doomsday with its fun and engaging play with friends anyday over the numbness to get to level 50 in RDR2.  And theres another 50 hours of nothing grind in the offline as well.  But it's all achievable, probably 2/10 difficulty for online trophies.  

• Like 1

Like others have stated, it's mostly just a grind. I will say All's Fair could be an issue because unless you boost it you are totally relying on a stranger accepting a Free Roam mission and you being able to stop it in time. Strength in Numbers also requires another person, but you can boost that very easily.

6 hours ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Can the MVP trophy be boosted?

What's the xp grind like compared to RDR1?

Yes, you can boost the MVP wins but you need to be jumping from one free toam to another to make it easier. You need a mic and decent players so that they can help you. When I boosted it we got rid of the random guys in a no respawning match (I can't recall which mode) and then we started boosting.

The xp grinding takes a lot of time. Unlike RDR1 you can't shoot a zombie and go from 1 to 50 in minutes, nor you can farm a hideout. Like others said, the Collector role gives a good amoung of xp. I was originally a trader and it tool long to level up. Then I bought a collector license with free gold given by Rockstar and started collecting items while still selling goods from trading. I also bought a bounty hunter license and chose the bounties that weren't that hard and gave more money. In the end I was leveling up from all those 3 roles. I wanted to try the Moonshiner role but I was short on gold for the license and when I got enough cash I was done with the xp leveling.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This April theres a concurrent event where you get double XP for turning in completed collections. This helps a lot with the grind to 50. I only started last month myself but I heard events like these don't happen often. Since using the collector role was already the best way to earn cp, this month really is great for trophy hunters wanting to reach 50 themselfs.

• Like 1

The online trophy's are fairly straight forward, just the MVP trophy might give you a hassle but is easyish to obtain if you get first place in the horse races (showdowns are much more of a pain to get mvp because you need to get the most kills while races is just about getting to the first place)

• 1 month later...

As someone who hates relying on others, is it possible to do the majority (I know they'll prob be one or two where I'll need to look for others) to do the online stuff solo? Don't mind if it takes longer, if it's possible solo I'll happily it take a bit longer

On 5/16/2023 at 3:55 AM, sleepyslump said:

As someone who hates relying on others, is it possible to do the majority (I know they'll prob be one or two where I'll need to look for others) to do the online stuff solo? Don't mind if it takes longer, if it's possible solo I'll happily it take a bit longer

Absolutely possible. I'm the same, and I generally avoid multiplayer trophies but these have been much easier than I expected (I started the game about 2 weeks ago and I'm focusing on the online first). You only *need* to coordinate with other people in order to complete a mission while in a posse, and it's much easier to boost All's Fair with another player (interrupt a rival posse's mission). I'm currently on most evenings (GMT+1) grinding XP for level 50 so happy to help you out if you need a boost ?

Edited by Vyzie_Taur
Typo

On 2023-05-17 at 10:01 AM, Vyzie_Taur said:

Absolutely possible. I'm the same, and I generally avoid multiplayer trophies but these have been much easier than I expected (I started the game about 2 weeks ago and I'm focusing on the online first). You only *need* to coordinate with other people in order to complete a mission while in a posse, and it's much easier to boost All's Fair with another player (interrupt a rival posse's mission). I'm currently on most evenings (GMT+1) grinding XP for level 50 so happy to help you out if you need a boost 1f44d.png

Hey Vyz, I sent you a friend request as well, I apologize for leaving it blank but I didn't find where to write info in the PS App.

I've been playing online for around 70 hours now and I've NEVER seen an All's Fair opportunity come up, so I'd be glad to get that done, hope you can help me as well. :) 

EDIT: As for my reply earlier in this topic, I'm planning on writing a new one once I'm done with the online stuff. So far, the only issue I've had is with All's Fair; it doesn't seem like a hard trophy, and I don't think it is, if you could just get the OPPORTUNITY to do it. 

Edited by FishOfPain
  • Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 4:53 AM, FishOfPain said:

Hey Vyz, I sent you a friend request as well, I apologize for leaving it blank but I didn't find where to write info in the PS App.

I've been playing online for around 70 hours now and I've NEVER seen an All's Fair opportunity come up, so I'd be glad to get that done, hope you can help me as well. :) 

EDIT: As for my reply earlier in this topic, I'm planning on writing a new one once I'm done with the online stuff. So far, the only issue I've had is with All's Fair; it doesn't seem like a hard trophy, and I don't think it is, if you could just get the OPPORTUNITY to do it. 

You could also easily create a boosting session. That's what this site is for.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:23 PM, FishOfPain said:

Ohhh that's you, I was wondering about the random request ? Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, will add you and next time we're both on we'll get you the trophy, shouldn't take long at all ?

13 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

You could also easily create a boosting session. That's what this site is for.

We are creating a boosting session, with the two of us, right now. Try to keep up :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vyzie_Taur said:

Ohhh that's you, I was wondering about the random request 1f605.png Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, will add you and next time we're both on we'll get you the trophy, shouldn't take long at all 1f44d.png

We are creating a boosting session, with the two of us, right now. Try to keep up :)

Touche.

I recently re-started an online character. I managed to get all the online trophies without a boosting partner over the course of about 3-5 nights. The hardest part was winning 3x MVP in the online matches. (Horse racing is the easiest playing solo). As for reaching max lvl that took about 3-4 nights. Play the collectors role and Just look up an online map for the daily collectables and grab a few if they’re near you, as complete collections yield a ton of exp & money.

A tip for completing the online story missions, is to stand just near the mission start point, invite random players to join your posse, then when a few join up start the mission. This skips the never ending matchmaking, and most people will do the missions as they are quick and pay alright. 

3 hours ago, Batman_Karnage said:

I recently re-started an online character. I managed to get all the online trophies without a boosting partner over the course of about 3-5 nights. The hardest part was winning 3x MVP in the online matches. (Horse racing is the easiest playing solo). As for reaching max lvl that took about 3-4 nights. Play the collectors role and Just look up an online map for the daily collectables and grab a few if they’re near you, as complete collections yield a ton of exp & money.

I did Hostile Territories (under Takeover series) for the MVP wins. Just camp in one of your teams areas, no need to worry about getting kills. I got 2 kills in 3 matches (because I'm objectively terrible), died a bunch of times (just ran straight back into a team area), our team lost all 3 matches, and I got 3 MVPs in a row ?

I also second the collector role as the best way for XP/money grinding. Plus I'm loving just putting music on and riding all over the map avoiding everyone and collecting things. Super chill, and the most anti-social "multiplayer" trophy I've ever gone for ? I'm level 41, getting there :)

• Like 3

I think it took me between 40 to 50 hours and I started grinding the collector role once I was at about level 20, just had to boost All's Fair because I never got the chance to do it naturally

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1