Honkai: Star Rail coming to PlayStation

Abby_TheLastofUs

I've been following HSR since its annoucement, and I've been playing through the main story of Honkai Impact 3rd recently, and watching the livestream knowing there was a pretty good chance I might be signing up for a 7+ year mobile game if a PS version wasn't announced today had me on the edge of my seat. Playing on mobile to experience HI3's story or the first few months of HSR is one thing, but it would have always felt like the lesser game when compared to Genshin Impact if it had stayed mobile only. 4K/60 on a big TV with a controller is a much better was to experience these games.

Now here's hoping this is a quicker port than getting Genshin on Switch!

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

Looks like Honkai Star Rail releases tonight in 5~ish hours on mobile.  Anyone else going to start on mobile and then transition to the PS5, once that's available?

Also available on PC :) 

Yeah I will give it a go, will see if it pulls me in enough to play it daily like Genshin, or at least get 100% trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jounochi said:

Looks like Honkai Star Rail releases tonight in 5~ish hours on mobile.  Anyone else going to start on mobile and then transition to the PS5, once that's available?

Yeah I'll start on mobile, Sony and Mihoyo fixed the mobile to PS account transfer issues so there shouldn't be any problem, no point missing out on early content just because it's on mobile.

I WAS holding out hope the PS version would be announced to go live today, apparently the 25th of each month is when the CCP signs off on new product releases, the mobile and PC versions only got the go ahead the 25th of March, with Mihoyo announcing the reveal event almost immediately. Guess we'll be waiting a while longer for glorious 4K60.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

Yeah I'll start on mobile, Sony and Mihoyo fixed the mobile to PS account transfer issues so there shouldn't be any problem, no point missing out on early content just because it's on mobile.

I WAS holding out hope the PS version would be announced to go live today, apparently the 25th of each month is when the CCP signs off on new product releases, the mobile and PC versions only got the go ahead the 25th of March, with Mihoyo announcing the reveal event almost immediately. Guess we'll be waiting a while longer for glorious 4K60.

Ahhhhh cool!  I knew they had fixed the syncing issue for Genshin Impact (which made it nice to progress on the go), so I am glad they are carrying this over to Star Rail too.  Makes sense with Mihoyo being based over there that these other versions may have a staggered release too.  Very excited~~!

1 hour ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

Also available on PC :) 

Yeah I will give it a go, will see if it pulls me in enough to play it daily like Genshin, or at least get 100% trophies.

It's been a while since I've sunk my teeth into a good gacha.  Last one was GI, so I'm sure I'll be hooked on this one too!

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

So I will be able to play the same save state on mobile, pc, and ps5, right? How will trophy progress work if I already played on mobile?

Assuming it works the same as Genshin, yes. As some others have stated on the thread, the mobile to PS account transfer should be available upon release this time. Any progress/completion you've made towards trophies on mobile/PC will autopop on PS5.

• Like 1

It's so soon it's kind of crazy it wasn't ready for launch, there must have been some last minute delay. The game had its first closed beta test in October 2021, at which point the game was 90% ready. At least we don't have the kind of crazy wait a lot of people were expecting (like launching in 2.0 or something).

It's probably not going to be possible with only a six week head start but it would be cool to pop the platinum on launch day!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I managed to get into the PS5 Beta test for it, & I can confirm that it is crossplay between all platforms, and any trophy you would have unlocked playing on any other platform, will automatically autopop once you load up the game. I popped 25 trophies as soon as I booted the game up. Sadly the trophy list hasn't actually been synced yet, so I can't tell what I'm missing for the platinum still

37 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

So I managed to get into the PS5 Beta test for it, & I can confirm that it is crossplay between all platforms, and any trophy you would have unlocked playing on any other platform, will automatically autopop once you load up the game. I popped 25 trophies as soon as I booted the game up. Sadly the trophy list hasn't actually been synced yet, so I can't tell what I'm missing for the platinum still

I don't know how miHoYo handles this beta test, but aren't you usually under an NDA that dictates on what you can share with the public and what not?

1 hour ago, StarWolf3000 said:

I don't know how miHoYo handles this beta test, but aren't you usually under an NDA that dictates on what you can share with the public and what not?

Not in this case. They've encouraged sharing of information for it & content creation, but it has to be known you're playing on a beta version of the game & it doesn't represent the final product.

The game is no different on PS5 VS PC/Mobile, so even if there was an NDA, it really won't make any sense of why one would exist when you can get the exact same experience/information on those platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

They officially announced a release date for the PlayStation 5 version. October 11th, 2023.

Don't forget to pre-register if you haven't to receive in-game rewards. 

spacer.png

https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/en-us/news/113019

https://x.com/honkaistarrail/status/1702505877880914416?s=20

Pre-order bundle ($9.99) is now available on Playstation store if anyone's interested. Bundle includes:

spacer.png

PlayStation.Blog post

Has anyone played this to know whether that Pre-Order bundle is worth it?

I've played plenty of Genshin so I can assume that Adventure Logs are EXP books and Credits are Mora but I don't know what the rest of the items are.

If it's worth it I'll drop a tenner on the pre-order but otherwise I'll just wait.

EDIT - Never mind, I just googled it and can see that this isn't really worth it at all. 2 Wishes and a few Weapon and Artifact exp materials and some food. I will wait until it releases.

Edited by HelixNebula_x

You can't play this game because your Trialblazer rank is too low: The game. 

Same as GI but in space. Everything from artstyle through music and battle system is awesome but predatory gacha mechanics,

constant updates, unfished story and game being made by Mihoyo scumbags were a major put off for me. 

Deleted and having fun with Starfield atm. No one will tell me that after playing game for 30 minutes i have to wait till next day till some obnoxious currency is refilled or my lv is too low for something. 

HSR would be perfect match for me if it weren't made by chinese mobile games developer. 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, HelixNebula_x said:

I've played plenty of Genshin so I can assume that Adventure Logs are EXP books and Credits are Mora but I don't know what the rest of the items are.

If it's worth it I'll drop a tenner on the pre-order but otherwise I'll just wait.

EDIT - Never mind, I just googled it and can see that this isn't really worth it at all. 2 Wishes and a few Weapon and Artifact exp materials and some food. I will wait until it releases.

I further confirm that the Pre-Order bundle isn't worth it. I have been playing HSR Beta on PS5 for nearly 2 weeks and the bundle is totally unnecessary, they can be easily obtained in game.

Everything explained in Genshin Impact terms:

Adventure logs = blue exp for your character

Credits = Mora

Sparse Aether = green exp for your weapon

Everything in the second row is food that gives you extra stats for your next battle

Traveler's guide = purple exp for your character

Refined Aether = purple exp for your weapon

Lost Relic = Artifact exp

Not worth the money

Edited by Vilczeq
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Tbh, no. It’s not worth it. I’ve played the game since launch on mobile. You’re better off putting those 10 dollars on a 2-month express pass (HSR’s equivalent of Genshin’s Welkin).

The bundle’s content is basically:

2 warps(equivalent of Genshin’s wishes) from the permanent banner, materials that you can farm & get from quests, LT events + exploration, and the rest are items that you can craft.

Edited by PXNKCAT
  • Like 2

It took six months rather than the six weeks I'd hoped for, but at least it's finally coming out (and I'd honestly assumed Q4 meant the 22/11 patch, not the 11/10 one, so that's a plus). The game is excellent, truly shows that AAA turn based RPGs were always viable, despite what Square-Enix would have us believe. PS5 players starting with the Jingliu and Topaz & Numby banners are in for a treat, the free currency the game throws at you at launch guarantees at least one, with a good chance for both.

The PS5 version was really starting to become necessary though, the recent Swarm Disaster event was throwing out so many visual effects my game was running at like 5fps by the end of the boss battle.

• 4 weeks later...