RE4 Remake Speedrun Skips & Shortcuts Video Guides

wolker4

44 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

for the farm area skip, why waste a bomb when you can just go through the door on the right duck under the bomb and enter from the ladder in the small barn and grab the cog and just reclimb up the ladder then go back to put cog in and then just run to the exit?

You dont have to waste a bomb, you can shoot it with a pistol, I did it on my 1st playthrough. The Hand Grenade is likely purely for speed I guess.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

You dont have to waste a bomb, you can shoot it with a pistol, I did it on my 1st playthrough. The Hand Grenade is likely purely for speed I guess.

oh i know you can go around and shoot it but i rather just go into the building and leave, i find chapter 2 to be annoying thanks to how slow leon runs in this due to it is hard to get the items needed with all the bombs thrown and enemies spawning in like crazy at least in a speedruns mind set i mean

• Like 1

In my opinion, combining Professional and No Healing as per the PowerPyx is just not worth it. It's so insanely frustrating, rocket launcher or not. The courtyard in CH. 9 is a huge pain and Novistador on Ch. 10 hit so hard on professional and I think they infinitely spawn in the Ballroom, been stuck there for an hour. Tempted to just press on with health kits and do another run on assisted for no healing. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

In my opinion, combining Professional and No Healing as per the PowerPyx is just not worth it. It's so insanely frustrating, rocket launcher or not. The courtyard in CH. 9 is a huge pain and Novistador on Ch. 10 hit so hard on professional and I think they infinitely spawn in the Ballroom, been stuck there for an hour. Tempted to just press on with health kits and do another run on assisted for no healing. 

Yeah don't combine those, it's not worth the headache imo

I'm guessing you can "skip" anything with a cutscene involving enemies coming to attack you by killing them before or after a cutscene starts/ends.

For example, the first colmillos (zombie dog) encounter when you get to the church (if you didn't go back to the house Luis was held in), if you throw a grenade before the cutscene starts you can kill the dog before it transforms and attacks you. I'm wondering if you can do this in other areas with the mine launcher such as the maze when the Zealots come out of the gate. Or against the enemies who come out to attack you when you first meet Salazar in Chapter 7. Or against he Bella Sisters.

Edited by BestUsername----

29 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I'm guessing you can "skip" anything with a cutscene involving enemies coming to attack you by killing them before or after a cutscene starts/ends.

For example, the first colmillos (zombie dog) encounter when you get to the church (if you didn't go back to the house Luis was held in), if you throw a grenade before the cutscene starts you can kill the dog before it transforms and attacks you. I'm wondering if you can do this in other areas with the mine launcher such as the maze when the Zealots come out of the gate. Or against the enemies who come out to attack you when you first meet Salazar in Chapter 7. Or against he Bella Sisters.

Is possible against the bella/chainsaw sister. Attach the mines on the little light above the handle and once the cutscene ends - boom. Not sure how many you need on professional. 3 should be good and if the survive they have little health left.

Same thing against mendez. There is a sweet spot that kills his first phase with 4 mines. But to be sure use 5 or 6, if he survives a couple shots should do the first phase.

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 1

Not a skip but useful information against the chainsaw sisters. If you run back to where you entered the area all enemies will stop chasing you.

You can step back into the area, take a few shots when they chase you again and back out into the previous area and they will just walk away. Useful for professional mode if you're not speedrunning.

• Like 4

Cheese more than a skip, but if you're playing on Assisted and have the upgraded infinite knife on your pistol/knife only run you can basically stun lock Salazar (you'd be set up for this following PowerPyx's roadmap, is Step 2). Bring him down to his knees once, engage in the knife animation, then do a knife stab (so L1 + R2) over and over. You should trigger the next knife animation before he ever gets up. I did this 3 times in a row until the boss fight was done and used practically no ammo. Not sure of its effectiveness on higher difficulties, may test it on S+ Standard.  

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Some tips for the double Garrador fight? 

I'm in the only pistol/knife, no merchant, no healing run

Do you have knifes ready? Get rid of the normal enemies first. On every occasion focus and sneak up to knife one garrador. After backstab you can take 2-3 shots on the parasite and then run away. Repeat this process and be patient.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I-Kami-I said:

Do you have knifes ready? Get rid of the normal enemies first. On every occasion focus and sneak up to knife one garrador. After backstab you can take 2-3 shots on the parasite and then run away. Repeat this process and be patient.

Primal knife maxed,thanks I will try!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Get the primal knife then walk to the stairs in front of you and wait for the enemies to come to you then knife and parry until they die, walking won't release the garradors. Now do the same with all the enemies that will spawn until they stop spawning. Now go to the garradors and get behind them and keep stealth attacking until they die, I didn't crouch and they still couldn't hear me.

There is 1 enemy with a shield, I threw a grenade at him and garradors were still chained.

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

Get the primal knife then walk to the stairs in front of you and wait for the enemies to come to you then knife and parry until they die, walking won't release the garradors. Now do the same with all the enemies that will spawn until they stop spawning. Now go to the garradors and get behind them and keep stealth attacking until they die, I didn't crouch and they still couldn't hear me.

There is 1 enemy with a shield, I threw a grenade at him and garradors were still chained.

Oh, a knife battle does not make enough noise? That's cool, always assumed melee creates noise.

However he can't use grenades. But if he does the regular enemies with parries and guns down the shield guy, he should be fine.

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Alreasy plenty of tips for this which is nice to see, can I add another....;)

On my Pistol run, I found if you stay by the entrance and shoot, the Garrodos don't seem to hear you and so I just stayed there and shoot everybody with the Red9. Then when I was ready for the Garrodos, I alerted them and then shot the bell nearest the entrance. Once they ran to it and had there backs turned, I just shot each in their parasite twice and they were dead. Think I used a 2nd bell as well to expose their weak points, there are 4 bells in that room. And as already said, you can walk just fine without alerting them, its better and quicker that way.

I had been trying to knife them for like hours, as soon as I decided to see how shooting the parasite will work, I couldnt believe how quick it killed them

However you apporach it, good luck ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

This isn't really a skip per say, but I found this online today:

Possibly a notable tactic to save you some grief (and ammo/health) while waiting for the card to upgrade? It'll let you complete the process in peace and quiet and then when you go back outside you juke them as usual.

Edited by h4mx0r
  • Like 1

I've been trying to do this door skip on the door right after Salazar first appears in the Castle and also at the door you can open after the wrecking ball part but it's not working. It's easier on PC with the faster camera but this video proves that it's possible on console.

37 minutes ago, Mog said:

I've been trying to do this door skip on the door right after Salazar first appears in the Castle and also at the door you can open after the wrecking ball part but it's not working. It's easier on PC with the faster camera but this video proves that it's possible on console.

This only works on the barn door where he is doing it which is useless but there is a crouch method that you can do on the door at chapter 14 but its super inconsistent.      

Edited by wolker4

Here is an easy strat for the Cabin Fight on Professional NG difficulty If anyone is struggling with it.

and here is a Garrador (Chapter 7) skip and its not the door glitch... 

Edited by wolker4
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Alreasy plenty of tips for this which is nice to see, can I add another....;)

On my Pistol run, I found if you stay by the entrance and shoot, the Garrodos don't seem to hear you and so I just stayed there and shoot everybody with the Red9. Then when I was ready for the Garrodos, I alerted them and then shot the bell nearest the entrance. Once they ran to it and had there backs turned, I just shot each in their parasite twice and they were dead. Think I used a 2nd bell as well to expose their weak points, there are 4 bells in that room. And as already said, you can walk just fine without alerting them, its better and quicker that way.

I had been trying to knife them for like hours, as soon as I decided to see how shooting the parasite will work, I couldnt believe how quick it killed them

However you apporach it, good luck ;)

Yeah, I use this approach and was an easy win, the Red9 Maxed melted them. 

Out of curiosity the cultists are infinite?

• Like 1