sick of Mercenaries

rockstarjazz

been spending more than a DAY on the third map and havent even got to the hard ones yet, this is impossible i dont know how anyone can find it easy

i'm using chris and maximising the punch is useless because i get caught by the enemies and the animation is so long it breaks the combo, and gaps between enemies are too large sometimes.

i bought the DLC and it wont get me play the lady or heisenberg too

i'm sick and tired of spending so much time following videos on where i should go or what i should do only to be met with a big fat rank A at the end, so thanks i just wasted my fkn time.

videos say i should go for orbs but if i do that i waste time that can stop my combo

how the fk do you do this?

i only s-ranked 2 of the 8 stages to do for this so far. i get so tired of this that after awhile i just cant be bothered anymore

Mercenaries is BULLSHIT.

Edited by rockstarjazz

24 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

infinite ammo means nothing. its about knowing the route and spawn points with some being too far apart that the combo breaks

Infinite ammo totally makes a difference for the hard maps since the enemies are way more spongy. I believe you need to get an S rank in all regular maps first regardless to unlock the perk anyway.

You can keep your combo from start to finish in all maps, enemies are never too far apart, the game is not asking you for a perfect run either.

• Like 1

Just now, Optinooby said:

Agreed, but the video linked above, ive memorised all the spawn points and the route is all planned out efficiently along with the infinite ammo.

Some have followed the guides and even got S ranks with combi breaks.

If you havent been following my videos, I recommend attempting to give at least 1 a go. There are a lot of guides on this and believe it or not, some are much better planned than others. I learnt all the spawn points and triggers

I was about to say... I  watched your video and it was pretty obvious to me that you knew all the spawn points and gave tips at each one on where to be and what to look out for. 

• Like 1

I do agree this isnt the best Merc mode and playing as Ethan makes it extra hard. As mentioned above Chris is a better pick.
There are some video on youtube that might help but the best guide Ive seen is this one. My advice is to maybe take one week off and then try again.
And at the end of the day if its too much of a headache maybe the trophy is not worth it.

2 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

i am using his videos but i'm stuck at the factory. i keep panicking and messing up when i reach the sisters then i get lost in that stupid area. and i always die. this is pissing me off.

can i shareplay with someone to do the factory for me?

We don't do that here.

Additionally you can use this guide.

I used it when getting the platinum and had zero problems, you can pause the game and do by parts.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

just a update after buying the dlc it made the mercenaries way more easier. i already had s rank on the first 4 before the dlc which i had struggled on somewhat. i started off with chris on the dlc level and finished them both and unlocked the lady. used her and its alot easier once you learn all her controls and what they do. 

what i would do is max out my claws power, then bee power, then do updating on claw thrill or bee thrill. buy the coin for 12500 that increases thrill or do the hour glass. i usually do the hour glass upgrades last because of the cool down time. hour glass helps with a flock of enemies or when your combo is about to run out. the biggest help like someone else mentioned is the L2+R1 power which spawns a demon to help you for a short time. that helped me on tougher enemies or when i had tons of enemies around me with a big enemy, or when my combo was about to run out it sometimes helped. blue orbs i would get if they were near but sometimes they lose combos and you already have enough perks you dont need them so pick if you really need them or not.

with this i got s on every level and even sss on some of the hard levels. i even got s on a few maps before all levels were done. there is a slight learning curve and sometimes you can get lost in the 3rd person when you lung forward with your melee and not know where the enemy went. but im horrible at mercenaries and pretty sure if i can do it anyone else can. also if you lose your combo keep going. as someone else pointed out you can still get s sometimes. i always spam the bees while im fighting because they reload pretty quick and then spam my right claw. i never held down r1 and i never used l1 and i never used l1 and r1 together, simply spamming swipe with r1 worked for me.

also if your doing the double plat on both consoles and transfer your save, i had to play both dlc levels again which isnt to bad. and after you finish a merc level it should autopop the platinum if mercenaries was your last trophy. also save your last autosave on the boss of the dlc. i had to refight the boss for the mode trophy to pop. and then do one of the other other requirements for those to pop so i jsut loaded any other save after i defeated the boss

Edited by melodicmizery

• 1 month later...

Oh, it's not that bad, really. I usually suck at Mercenaries, but this one looked pretty easy to me if you already have the DLC, so you can have Chris from the start. After the first few tries, I pretty much obliterated anything with the fully upgraded Chris' straight punches and shotting the far enemies with the rifle. It's just a matter of finding all the enemies quick. Most of the levels are generous with the points for ranks. I got SS first try on Mad Village.

After the 6 six easy maps with Chris, I completed the first 4 hard ones with Lady Dimitrescu. Spamming L1, upgrading her nails and flies makes everything a breeze: S rank on first try. The only map I struggled a little is the fourth hard one, but it's really doable.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually the same, I bought the dlc and raged so hard that I'd never unlock Lady D because I couldn't get far with Ethan. Everyone said Chris was better, so I tried him, still nothing. I forgot myself because it goes more on your chain bonus than how many you kill. So I got so mad I left it, asked a friend to unlock her for me. Turns out I tried again on the Steam Deck and unlocked both her and Heisenberg (whom I really don't like cause on VoS he's just a bullet sponge). Patience is key, even though I'm not as patient with games as I used to be I managed it. The factory always got me lost and I'd always be looking for the last enemy. I kept missing the birds in the castle part too, but it didn't matter.

I admit I've never liked this mode since RE3 Nemesis. Always prefered Raid Mode, but RE6 was fun when coupled up in a tag team with my sisters 😂 good times.

Edited by CloudIchigo