Trophy Thoughts?

xl-Kyo-lx

1 hour ago, mrmivo said:

How well does building bases work with the controller?

It’s finicky and hit and miss.

The base building itself is honestly super simple but sometimes blocks will just refuse to latch onto each other and you’ll waste time trying to get them to do so, other than that the base building is fine. Pretty basic suite though. 

If you’ve played Fallout 4/76 it’s a lot simpler than those two games base building, it’s easy to control, just issues with latching

Edited by Oberlin1694
  • Like 1

For the "25 Active Outposts" idk if it's a glitch or not, so I'd get on this beneficial tip sooner rather than later. But once you activate an outpost, every time you visit it and leave, it counts +1 towards this count. You can easily get to 25 in a matter of minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveyDino-99 said:

Level all five at once; do a mission that gives them all exp after getting each near level-up

Surely that's not missable is it? Presumably there's more than 10 levels to each advisor 

4 hours ago, DaveyDino-99 said:

Level all five at once; do a mission that gives them all exp after getting each near level-up

Surely that's not missable is it? Presumably there's more than 10 levels to each advisor 

1 hour ago, Gumble_Monkey said:

You can easily get it by doing levels till you get a champion base unlocked and ignoring the champion base till you get all 5 advisors bars up to near full, then doing brutal champion base for 1000 to all advisors. Alternate option is you do a bunch of levels till they all level up THEN AFTER EVERYTHING HAS GONE UP ONE LEVEL hit up the button next to the chimera which will process it, popping the trophy.

10 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Someone popped the Plat on PS4 in 21(ish)hrs, so VERY good guess!

Dang really? Because the more I play the longer my estimate gets xD

I just spent over an hour making my first outpost. You could probably just make some pretty short boring ones to get the 25 outpost faster though.

I'm also getting my buns whooped in other people's outpost. I think it's gonna take me WAY more than 20 now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

For the "25 Active Outposts" idk if it's a glitch or not, so I'd get on this beneficial tip sooner rather than later. But once you activate an outpost, every time you visit it and leave, it counts +1 towards this count. You can easily get to 25 in a matter of minutes.

Yep, I can confirm. I went back into mine to add more stuff and noticed my trophy tracker went up when I exited, so tried repeating to 25 and got the trophies for 10 and 25 in less than 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Coookieee112 said:

Does anyone know the amount of prestige points it costs to get a base to prestige level 10?

I may be wrong but I think prestige point requirement depends on size, my 850 cost base only requires 30 per prestige whilst so far my 1000 coin cost base requires 75 points per prestige.

You can stack prestige points however, so I’d advise only Prestiging when a base is in its final hour of uptime as it’ll give you the best overall returns for Prestige points etc

Im currently enjoying the game but the grind to purchase weapons, suits, traps and grunts and their upgrades is bloody real. All I really have to do now for the Platinum is Prestige 10 an Outpost and upgrade one of each thing and buy 7 augmentations but I feel it’ll take a fair while as Credits are slow to earn and a constant bottleneck.

I don’t, however, think the game has staying power, it’s ridiculously fun and it’s VERY well made but it doesn’t have that ‘thing’ that BHVR’s last game; DbD had, that made it so addictive and returnable 

Edited by Oberlin1694
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

I may be wrong but I think prestige point requirement depends on size, my 850 cost base only requires 30 per prestige whilst so far my 1000 coin cost base requires 75 points per prestige.

You can stack prestige points however, so I’d advise only Prestiging when a base is in its final hour of uptime as it’ll give you the best overall returns for Prestige points etc

Im currently enjoying the game but the grind to purchase weapons, suits, traps and grunts and their upgrades is bloody real. All I really have to do now for the Platinum is Prestige 10 an Outpost and upgrade one of each thing and buy 7 augmentations but I feel it’ll take a fair while as Credits are slow to earn and a constant bottleneck.

I don’t, however, think the game has staying power, it’s ridiculously fun and it’s VERY well made but it doesn’t have that ‘thing’ that BHVR’s last game; DbD had, that made it so addictive and returnable 

You can actually just wait until the base is inactive before prestiging. That way you get the maximum uptime for kills.

9 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You can actually just wait until the base is inactive before prestiging. That way you get the maximum uptime for kills.

Ah that’s good news then, so say I have an 19 hour expiry time, once it expires can I then Prestige it which reactivates it for another 18 hours to earn more Prestige points?

Game doesn’t explain stuff very well so I assumed if the timer ran down the base was done.

If a base runs out of time and you can’t prestige it what happens then? Can you reactivate it and continue your Prestige from there or does it reset? 

My base is currently Prestige 3 but I have almost 1000 points accrued on it which should get it to 5 or 6, hopefully I’ll get the rest of the points I need for it. I can see Prestige 10 outpost being the hardest trophy for the Platinum potentially. The rest is surprisingly easy, just grinds

1 minute ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Ah that’s good news then, so say I have an 19 hour expiry time, once it expires can I then Prestige it which reactivates it for another 18 hours to earn more Prestige points?

Game doesn’t explain stuff very well so I assumed if the timer ran down the base was done.

If a base runs out of time and you can’t prestige it what happens then? Can you reactivate it and continue your Prestige from there or does it reset? 

My base is currently Prestige 3 but I have almost 1000 points accrued on it which should get it to 5 or 6, hopefully I’ll get the rest of the points I need for it. I can see Prestige 10 outpost being the hardest trophy for the Platinum potentially. The rest is surprisingly easy, just grinds

I think once your outpost doesn't have enough prestige points and you run out of time, you have to delete it. Haven't gotten to that point yet, but that's what I saw on the subreddit for the game.

16 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Anyone know what a "Forsaken Tomb" is? Apparently I've found 2 of them so far, but I have no idea what they are or what they look like. 

These are the walls that make a mechanical sound. When you hit them they drop lots of loot. The game suggests builders booby trapping these, I've seen some scumbags block them off entirely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaapew said:

What happens when the outpost reaches zero time ? The prestige rank will be reset ? Outpost deleted ?

Supposedly the Outpost deactivates and can’t earn any further Prestige.

However if you have the points and Prestige it, it’ll reactivate that outpost for 16 hours.

Also; Forsaken tombs are slits in the wall with a glow coming out of them and a skeleton inside they make a whirring noise that gets louder as you get closer. Just hit it to gain 25-50 parts and 25-50 synthite. 

There’s a minimum of 1 per Outpost though I’ve found up to 3 on the larger ones. A lot of people will either incorporate the tomb into their overall build or will leave arrows or a line in the direction it’s in, so you can easily find at least one per Raid.

1 hour ago, Kaapew said:

What happens when the outpost reaches zero time ? The prestige rank will be reset ? Outpost deleted ?

They just get switched to Inactive. They don't lose rank or get deleted.

I have two Outposts that are now inactive and I don't have the Synth to prestige them. I'll have to play and get some later, but for now they're still there, just inactive.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

They just get switched to Inactive. They don't lose rank or get deleted.

I have two Outposts that are now inactive and I don't have the Synth to prestige them. I'll have to play and get some later, but for now they're still there, just inactive.

Thanks. I was afraid of that. It would be unfair to lose all the grind and kills achieved through the outpost.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaveyDino-99 said:

Actually you don't have to level them all at once, you need to level all five of them at least once each BEFORE pressing the red button to process them. Popped the trophy after leveling each one individually once then going back to the base and pressing the button. 

• Like 1