Trophy Thoughts?

xl-Kyo-lx

4 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

This isn't my type of game in the least, but I'd say we will see a lot of "trophy levels" just like in the Little Big Planet games. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I remember LBP1 being polluted with H4H (heart for heart) levels. Yuck.

I think Accolade trophies and such are a good idea to highlight social features, but they should have low threshold to avoid overgrowth of meaningless levels. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oberlin1694 said:

In regards to the list, it looks simple enough, basically max out an outpost, 2 weapons, abilities and every advisor. Complete co-op missions, give out mission badges (you can give 2 of the 4 per Outpost).

If it's anything like DbD, 100% completionists should be careful because there are tons of trophies linked to paid DLC in DbD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain_Fruits said:

If it's anything like DbD, 100% completionists should be careful because there are tons of trophies linked to paid DLC in DbD.

Aye they’ve already outlined the first half year of updates however and everything looks to be free. So it may not be as egregious as DbD is with asking you for £6-9.50 every 2 months. On top of battle pass and cosmetic prices

I have a feeling this game won't get as much traction as DbD. The trophy list itself doesn't look that bad. As many have mentioned it is going to have the grind, but nothing like "Skilled Huntress" at least. If I have any friends that play it I may give it a go.

• Like 1

This basically looks like if Mario Maker and Doom had a baby, which I'm all in for. Only a couple coop trophies which I can probably solo boost with my PS5 & 4, assuming there's no penalty for having one player stand at the entrance for the Partners in Crime trophy.

• Like 1

The game feels shallow. That’s all I can really say. The gameplay is decent but there really isn’t much to it: also you can only play co-op with your friends which is beyond stupid.

Building is enjoyable but it also doesn’t work half the time, the Harvester is meant to take the shortest path however, I don’t understand how you actually update its path. It’s shortest path when you build a path would take like a player 10 seconds to complete, I tried blocking this path and making a longer one that I KNOW is doable as I traversed it myself and the Harveater pathing won’t reset to it.

Game’s a bust imho, thought this could potentially replace DbD but unless something is done to make building and pathing more intuitive and honestly EASIER, the games fucked. It won’t last a month.

3 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

The game feels shallow. That’s all I can really say. The gameplay is decent but there really isn’t much to it: also you can only play co-op with your friends which is beyond stupid.

Building is enjoyable but it also doesn’t work half the time, the Harvester is meant to take the shortest path however, I don’t understand how you actually update its path. It’s shortest path when you build a path would take like a player 10 seconds to complete, I tried blocking this path and making a longer one that I KNOW is doable as I traversed it myself and the Harveater pathing won’t reset to it.

Game’s a bust imho, thought this could potentially replace DbD but unless something is done to make building and pathing more intuitive and honestly EASIER, the games fucked. It won’t last a month.

Like I’m seeing people with ultra mega death bases that take forever to get through yet when I ducking make one the fucking Harvester won’t change its pathing. It’s bullshit honestly.

Also this game screams micro-transactions, they’re gonna charge for the Outpost and trap/grunt purchase currencies at a later date, mark my words

I finally managed to build my own Mega Death base. It classified it as Brutal so I doubt anybody is going to even attempt it. It’s doable but you gotta take it slow. Only 5 enemies but easily at least 80ish traps dotted all about the place. Once you reach the Genmat though the escape shouldn’t be an issue :3

18 hours ago, mrmivo said:

I could’ve done without the coop trophies. I was under the impression the game was asynchronous/solo without player interaction being required and didn’t know about a coop mode.

"under the impression", that's why I always look at gameplay first and foremost opposed to waiting and going in blind.

2 hours ago, danseakins said:

look up and keep pressing L1

Here is a visual reference of what you need to do to get the floor is lava trophy, find an outpost with a high structure and a big gap between it and the floor then use the grapple hook to rappel repeatedly for 60 seconds 

• Like 1