You spoony bard! (Final Fantasy IV trophy thoughts)

MidnightDragon

Some of these trophies look like they could be a pain in the ass. The bestiary and treasures could easily be a pain. I don't remember if there's any areas you permanently lose access to in game...I haven't played since I did the DS version. Also, disappointed there isn't a trophy called "You spoony bard!" 

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 minute ago, Void said:

Those Pink puffs in the final dungeon will be atrocious to grind for. Then add on the drop rate of the tail for the item it will be even worse.

Yea, I remember trying for it on PS1...did it for an hour, never got it, so I gave up and went to kill Zeromus. Trophy hunter in me probably won't.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Some of these trophies look like they could be a pain in the ass. The bestiary and treasures could easily be a pain. I don't remember if there's any areas you permanently lose access to in game...I haven't played since I did the DS version. Also, disappointed there isn't a trophy called "You spoony bard!" 

There is a perfect guide for all pixel remasters including all chests and monsters on steam achievements by "lylat" :)

• Like 1

Honestly the pink tail is gonna be the hardest part of this. Pink puff/flan princess is already a very rare enemy to encounter and on top of that the pink tail is also a very rare drop from that enemy. Gonna need to stockpile on sirens before attempting this grind.

• Like 1

While all the FF:PR games have some PITA trophies

FF4 PR takes the cake.

Getting the Pink Tail and Hidden Summons is kinda missable as while in theory you could try to grind these for 600h+ but most will just give up on these.

Instead you can make these a bit easier with the "Alert" item but this one is missable and limited.

You basically need to grind 198 of these in Babyl's Tower the first time you enter it from those floating machine eyes before you clear the Tower otherwise the map becomes inaccessible.

Does this require two playthrough like the Steam version? That guide says "You will not be able to get a complete Beastiary in your first playthrough because you need to kill Super Bosses Geryon and Proto-Babil in New Game+"

EDIT: No, this was just for the remake.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

On 4/18/2023 at 6:25 AM, Ramzamham said:

I got all the achievements last year on Steam and I can say along with speedup/autobattle it didn't take me long to get the summons/pink tail. 

It definitely seems the drop rate was increased. Either that or I was the luckiest person ever 1f602.png

I sure hope so, that was the bain of my existence back on SNES. Never got the pink tail to drop in all my playthroughs over the years.  Got all the summons a few times though. Tried for the tail a lot on PS1 and PSP too, but no dice.  I want this platinum so bad that I'll probably grind my life away on it though LMAO!  This is my favorite FF game.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

drop rates seem to be improved. I got 3 summons just running around a bit and killing everything in sight (had to go to mindflayer but got it 1st fight using a siren). The Flan Princesses dropped the tail after using 15 sirens. Only one that took me long time was bomber. Set up auto battle in 1 fight and set it to rember the auto battle state. just run around a bit, put on some netflix and after 2 hours I got it as well.

After all the trophies weren't as bad as I thought

• 2 weeks later...