Magic Tactics glitched?

ryuzakix5

XQ1xkFK.jpg

I have two spells at 16, tried levelling them in and out of battle, did also a battle after getting to 16. I wonder if it's the 4x levelling.

EDIT: Level any other spell in battle after Cure/any other spell got to 16 and it should unlock.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Like 1

Posted this in the other tread but saw this one afterward so thought I'd share:

I just unlocked the trophy for getting Level 16 magic with cure but it only unlocked when I also got another trophy as well. In my case, I got Level 16 Cure during the Fynn segment about halfway through the game and once I finished that segment I got two trophies - one for magic and one for the story event. 

Thus, it's glitched but you may get it when you complete another trophy's requirements. 

Edited by Wuginator
  • Like 2

What a weird trophy. For what it's worth, here's what happened to me:

The first day I played this I saw the potential to grind out level 16 with cure, so I did. Nothing happened, but I figured I'd hit it with another spell eventually throughout my play through. Saw this thread, unlocked other trophies, finished other key parts of the game, nothing. 

A day later, I simply beat a story boss with no trophy linked to it, or its direct concourse, and boom -- magic tactics pops.

Dunno what's up with this, but better late than never, i guess!

• Like 1

I had gotten cure to 16 outside of battle and it also didn't pop for me. It did end up popping when the next spell leveled up. For me it was Flare getting to level X. Seems random for when it will pop since nothing that has worked for people seems consistent...

Edited by Briste

I also got nervous when I accidentally levelled my Cure spell to 16 outside of combat and it didn't pop. Was curious if levelling one spell would make the game recheck if I already have any level 16 spells and I think it did because the trophy popped. If you have a bunch of decently levelled spells just buy one white magic tome like protect or shell and give it to Guy and make him use it. Should pop the trophy after one battle. Weird trophy glitch but I guess the trophy is tied to level up to 16 after a battle instead of out of combat.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the last dungeon with cure at level 15 almost maxed, if I level it outside battle, the trophy doesn't unlock, while if I use cure in battle, it doesn't level up. How do I get out of this BS?

Edit. It seems that even other  spells don't level up anymore in battle, guess I'm too strong even at endgame, so I have no clue how to pop the trophy, crap.

Edit 2. Found a way, got cure to level 16 outside of battle, went into a battle an used fire on my party, leveling it up one level, that triggered the trophy. It seems that attack spells used on my party still level up in battle even if healing spells don't

Edited by Brightblade76

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...