Fiend research professional Achievement "missable"

nathanuc1988

11 hours ago, archangel9978 said:

For warmech is that the same floor as taimet?

Yes. You can literally walk around outside the door to the encounter.

It's already been said, but you should find oodles of Iron Golems in the Chaos Shrine. In addition to the basement, I think I found some on the higher floors as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

I found Pirahnas easily. The one I can't find now are the Buccaneers in the sea surrounded by land. I'm level 40 and about the do the Water Crystal.

Did u do anything special for buccaneers I'm trying to collect every monster before I move to be t areas and I e not run into any as yet

It might be worth noting that Game Corner Guides has excellent descriptions for each monster that shows their spawn rate and what exact floor you'll find them in. I'm going to pay attention to it more closely in the other games since those have missable monsters.

im really close to giving up. i have beaten the game and ive spent FIVE HOURS going back and forth to get that damn warmech to spawn. no such luck.

however, what irritates me more is that im also short of the soldier. thats the only other enemy ive never seen. it should be located in the flying fortress as well but is there any advice on where exactly? cant be b5 since ive fought hundreds of battles there.

its funny how square makes great games yet i always wanna punch them when it comes to trophies ... so damn annoying!

5 hours ago, Playzocker1988 said:

im really close to giving up. i have beaten the game and ive spent FIVE HOURS going back and forth to get that damn warmech to spawn. no such luck.

however, what irritates me more is that im also short of the soldier. thats the only other enemy ive never seen. it should be located in the flying fortress as well but is there any advice on where exactly? cant be b5 since ive fought hundreds of battles there.

its funny how square makes great games yet i always wanna punch them when it comes to trophies ... so damn annoying!

I found soldier spawning on I think on all floors except the bridge and warmech spawned within 30ins for me around the pillars right before tiamat could be pure luck but those are where I had mine spawn in

Not sure if it's just head cannon or an actual strategy but every time I couldn't find an enemy I'd turn off encounters and walk Abit then flip it in mid walk and 75% of the time it would be the rare enemy I needed

Edited by Taliesin_2943

OH WOW! thabk you so much for this idea ... it does sound very ludicrous but i can confirm that it actually works!

i got the soldier first try and even though it didnt work with warmech right away i got him after around 10 battles. could still be just a coincidence but i think this is one solid piece of advice!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:42 AM, FulgidoLucio said:

Well, apparently, writing here makes rare monsters spawn easily. I encountered Warmech just after 20 minutes at most before lunch and Iron Golem with in 2 minutes after entering B4 of the Chaos Shrine.

RNGesus feeds off complaints online. He will bless you if you complain. (Mostly)

For some of these games you can get lucky if you make a quick save and reload it. I got a lot of them that way in multiple games after struggling to get them to spawn. I forget which games this worked in best. And it could’ve been imaginary, but I know older versions this worked too for some. 

Edited by Elvick_

• 5 weeks later...

Warmech doesn’t exist. I’ve now spend more time on the bridge than it took people to platinum this game.

Edit: Aha! The good old complain on PSNP strategy worked. Spawned within 5 minutes after my post. It still took me at least 4 hours and a couple thousand of battles. 3/64 spawn chance my ass.

Edited by Baker
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Been going at it for a while, got pretty lucky with other rare spawns, but not Warmech. I hate rare spawns, they suck the joy out of a game for me.

Now let's see if the PSNP complaining works for me this time... it has on other occasions 😝

Edit: It spawned... I ran away... I am such an idiot!!! Be careful using auto battle to flee!

Edit2: The PSNP gods went easy on me today. It spawned again and I beat it!

Edited by DoodgraverNL