I beat the game on normal and platted it, what is my best course of action to get the NG+ trophies? Should I do Burning Shores now? I already started it.

Phasmia

If you want the NG+ trophies you are probably better off to start NG+ and quickly run through the main story missions until you finish Singularity, then start Burning Shores. Reason being that the DLC missions and other stuff you’ll do for 100% will give you Champion’s Tokens which you need for 100% completion of the NG+ trophies.

if you don’t do NG+ now you’re going to miss out on a bunch of Champion’s Tokens and then you’ll still need to do NG+ and then another NG+ on Ultra Hard if you want to 100% the entire list.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Swotam said:

If you want the NG+ trophies you are probably better off to start NG+ and quickly run through the main story missions until you finish Singularity, then start Burning Shores. Reason being that the DLC missions and other stuff you’ll do for 100% will give you Champion’s Tokens which you need for 100% completion of the NG+ trophies.

if you don’t do NG+ now you’re going to miss out on a bunch of Champion’s Tokens and then you’ll still need to do NG+ and then another NG+ on Ultra Hard if you want to 100% the entire list.

Does Burning Shores end up giving you weapon advantage, though? For the first game, the weapons obtained during Frozen North made 90% of the NG+ Hardcorde/Ultra (whatever it was called) encounters trivial.

Edited by Jelly Soup

18 minutes ago, Swotam said:

Thank you for the reply. I assume the Champ Tokens carry over and you just need *them* without regard to how you got them, right? Like I don't have to go do stuff if I just use the ones I carry over? 

So I'm looking at a NG+ run, then at least half of NG+ UH? Is that right?

3 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Does Burning Shores end up giving you weapon advantage, though? For the first game, the weapons obtained during Frozen North made 90% of the NG+ Hardcorde/Ultra (whatever it was called) encounters trivial.

On initial inspection of the weapons available I’d say no. There are new weapons and outfits but I wouldn’t say they’re better than the existing gear that normally gets recommended for a UH run.

3 minutes ago, Vastatia said:

Thank you for the reply. I assume the Champ Tokens carry over and you just need *them* without regard to how you got them, right? Like I don't have to go do stuff if I just use the ones I carry over? 

So I'm looking at a NG+ run, then at least half of NG+ UH? Is that right?

If you want 100% in the NG+ trophies then you have to complete the game on Ultra Hard, but I don’t think you want to be doing anything other than what’s necessary on Ultra Hard (since you can’t change the difficulty post game).

Champ tokens carry over to each new NG+ run you start and you need 125 of them to buy all the items needed for the related NG+ trophy. It’s possible to get them all in one run, especially now that the DLC adds more ways to get them.

My recommendation is to start a NG+ run on Story difficulty and go through the missions as fast as possible. Then play Burning Shores to 100% completion and at that point you’ll have 50-60 tokens (maybe more). Do other stuff in the game until you have at least 95-100 tokens and then if you want at that point you can start another NG+ on Ultra Hard and by the time you finish the story you’ll have enough tokens to buy all the required items.

All of this assumes that you want to get 100% of all available trophies. If not then NG+ doesn’t matter so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swotam said:

My recommendation is to start a NG+ run on Story difficulty and go through the missions as fast as possible. Then play Burning Shores to 100% completion

Might be a problem to reach level 60 with this strat? Might end up being forced to play base game content and/or farming certain machines that give a lot of XP.

Edited by HusKy

Just now, HusKy said:

Might be a problem to reach level 60 with this strat? Might end up being forced to play base game content and/or farming certain machines that give a lot of XP.

OP says he’s already got Platinum which means he’s already Level 50. The DLC has more than enough content to get you to Level 60 before you’ve done everything that needs doing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swotam said:

OP says he’s already got Platinum which means he’s already Level 50. The DLC has more than enough content to get you to Level 60 before you’ve done everything that needs doing

You are right I don't know why I thought NG+ resets your level..... It's still early morning here and seems like my brain is not fully up to speed yet. xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swotam said:

I'm in the same boat as OP but I'd want to get it done on both PS4/5 versions

since PS4 doesn't' have burning shore dlc... should I do the ng+/uh dlc on PS4 first.. then auto pop those on PS5... then do ng++ on PS5 burning shores?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I'm in the same boat as OP but I'd want to get it done on both PS4/5 versions

since PS4 doesn't' have burning shore dlc... should I do the ng+/uh dlc on PS4 first.. then auto pop those on PS5... then do ng++ on PS5 burning shores?

I did both platinums last year, and also have to complete all NG+ and DLC. I think the most efficient way would be:

- complete NG+ of the PS4 version on Story difficulty, collect 95 tokens, make manual save A afterwards

- continue with NG++ PS4 on Ultra Hard, collecting the remaining tokens on the way. make manual save B at the end - the 3 NG+ Trophies of the PS4 verion DONE

- Import save B to your PS5 version, finishing the story on ultra hard and redeeming tokens - the 3 NG+ Trophies of the PS5 verion DONE

- Import save A to the PS5 version to start the DLC

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dark_Poetry said:

I am in the same boat, I think I will start NG+, getting 100% and getting the DLC trophies then do NG+ ultra hard. Just a quick question: are the NG+ exclusive weapons or the DLC weapons good for UH?

The NG+ weapons are very good for UH, but upgrading them takes a good amount of farming parts. DLC weapons are decent and cost less to upgrade but I’m not sure how good they are in comparison. Best bet is to find the weapon type you like the best (spike throwers are very handy on UH) and then look at what’s available to find the one that works for you.

Do you logs, notes, collectibles, scanned machines, etc all carry over to NG+? Because I want to do this method but I really want a file with all that stuff found including what's in Burning Shores, and I really don't want to find them all again on the original campaign lol.

12 minutes ago, emailking said:

Do you logs, notes, collectibles, scanned machines, etc all carry over to NG+? Because I want to do this method but I really want a file with all that stuff found including what's in Burning Shores, and I really don't want to find them all again on the original campaign lol.

From here:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/horizon-2-forbidden-west/New_Game_Plus

• All previously collected Datapoints and Collectables can still be viewed as normal. Their icons are greyed until you collect them again, allowing you to keep track of them for 100% completion in the new playthrough. Datapoints also regain their circular icons when Aloy gets close to them.
  • All entries in the Machine Catalogue, Character Bios, and Tutorials are kept, as well as Statistic information (including playtime).

• Like 1

In the same boat myself. The only two concerns for me would be firstly if there are any difficult trophy related task that needs doing in the DLC. I recall in the 1st game's DLC doing one of the hunting ground challenges was extremely difficult if locked to Ultra Hard. The second concern would be if side stuff in the main campaign ever comes up/adds dialogue in the DLC as I did quite a lot of the side stuff in the main game.

If both of those are a no then yeah, new game + on ultra hard seems the wisest course of action. Getting tokens from the DLC seems like it would help cover having to grind out side stuff you've likely already done.

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

In the same boat myself. The only two concerns for me would be firstly if there are any difficult trophy related task that needs doing in the DLC. I recall in the 1st game's DLC doing one of the hunting ground challenges was extremely difficult if locked to Ultra Hard. The second concern would be if side stuff in the main campaign ever comes up/adds dialogue in the DLC as I did quite a lot of the side stuff in the main game.

If both of those are a no then yeah, new game + on ultra hard seems the wisest course of action. Getting tokens from the DLC seems like it would help cover having to grind out side stuff you've likely already done.

There are no hunting challenges in Burning Shores. Most of the dlc trophies are straight forward and were easy on normal otherwise.  UH+ should be doable I'd think.  The only ones I'd be concerned with if I was doing them on UH+ I detailed below.

I could see one particular Aerial Capture being a pain on UH+, mainly because you have to complete a fairly unique machine encounter that can be challenging even on normal do to a randomness to it.  The boss fight at the end of the dlc could be intimidating depending on how they scale damage from it in UH+ too.

Otherwise the only really challenging content (a new Arena challenge set) from the dlc isn't even required for trophies.

Nothing outside of the main games story has anything to do with the dlc dialogue, so no worries there.  There is nothing that's influenced by what you've done in the main games side quests as far as I know.  

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 7:10 PM, Swotam said:

The NG+ weapons are very good for UH, but upgrading them takes a good amount of farming parts. DLC weapons are decent and cost less to upgrade but I’m not sure how good they are in comparison. Best bet is to find the weapon type you like the best (spike throwers are very handy on UH) and then look at what’s available to find the one that works for you.

It would be better to collect the stuff on your main game so you can upgrade them right away then, right? I’m kinda thinking about what to do. I think for now I’ll keep farming resources on my main save, then I’ll do NG+ story, then Burning Shores and then NG+ UH. I think this will be okay, right?

8 minutes ago, Legchomper said:

It would be better to collect the stuff on your main game so you can upgrade them right away then, right? I’m kinda thinking about what to do. I think for now I’ll keep farming resources on my main save, then I’ll do NG+ story, then Burning Shores and then NG+ UH. I think this will be okay, right?

You can farm the resources on a NG+ Story run as well, two birds and all that

Burning Shores on UH was way harder than the main game on that difficulty. I died once on main game (from my own explosive) and around 10 times on dlc.

The best route IMO is

NG+ on easy with Burning Shores and then sidequests for almost all tokens, then

NG++ on UH by doing only main quests and the 4 Tallnecks quests for easy tokens

21 minutes ago, Swotam said:

You can farm the resources on a NG+ Story run as well, two birds and all that

Yeah I know that but I wouldn’t be able to upgrade until I encounter the enemies I need, like then Tremortusk for example is more of a late game enemy, and I’m assuming you need tremortusk parts for some upgrades