Anyone else suffer from Platinum pop order syndrome?

You

8 hours ago, serpent_guy said:

I suffer the same OCD as yours, buddy. You can check my profile I'm holding off many easy trophies before Platinum.

Because once you 100%ed it. There's no way to change the order anymore. While I'm still waiting the Fall Guys PS5 to get fixed so that I can stacked it right after the PS4 versions.

Fall Guys literally ruined my list when they announced the original trophy list wouldn’t be obtainable once there was a new launcher. I was playing only horror themed games for almost 3 years and I had to unlock the last trophy I was saving in Fall Guys before it became unobtainable. So right in the middle of my horror games is the kid friendly party game and it’s stack lol

• Like 1

Yes I do... like in the "new" FFXIV trophy list, raids that have trophies for just beating the last boss on each tier, but one is Plat required and the other two (3 raids per expansion, 6 if you count alliance)... I have to go and say no, first, second and third tier in order! Same thing in Genshin, I try not to do any content in a new area until I get most of not all content in the areas sequentially.

• Like 1

I already planned on doing this as well.  I’ve only gone through the first one so far, but I saved my Warmech bestiary entry so that I can pop this platinum last so that it shows up first on my list.  I also conveniently timed it so that once I pop the last platinum (FFI) it will be my 100th platinum!  Final Fantasy is my favorite series of all time so I found it fitting that FF7 Remake was my 50th, and the one that started it all will be my 100th.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, serpent_guy said:

I suffer the same OCD as yours, buddy. You can check my profile I'm holding off many easy trophies before Platinum.

Because once you 100%ed it. There's no way to change the order anymore. While I'm still waiting the Fall Guys PS5 to get fixed so that I can stacked it right after the PS4 versions.

I'm one or two trophies away on +15 titles at this point

It's all about the aesthetics, yo, I mean that as unironically as possible

• Like 2

I'm guilty of this as well. ? ? Had to do it with the Souls games, and now that all mainline FF games (with the exception of XI) are on PSN, I'm tempted to do it with FF as well. And while I'm insane doing I through XVI is an extremely ridiculous undertaking, so I'm thinking of going by "generations" (I-VI, VII-IX, X-XII, XIII, XV, XVI), that seems like a reasonable way to keep my OCD satisfied.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoniP said:

Going to get 22 out of 24 Trophies in each, then pop all 6 platinums in one day.

I will probably do this too.

The other alternative though which I think I might do is just play as normal, doing what I like, and just avoid getting platinums on other games I have started, until I have all 6 finished platinumed in order.

That way I can platinum Final Fantasy 1, then 2 etc and while playing Final Fantasy 3 I am free to play other games, anything I like, I mean it's very easy to not platinum a game, in most cases it can easily be prevented.

My only Achilles heal of course is Hamster Arcade Archives.

I totally love this series and often want to get 100% straight away and buy Day 1 (since there is never/rarely a discount on these games).

For sure NOT going for 100% is also easy on those series, but it's fun to buy them on release and get 100% as quickly as possible, and since I never know what game is coming next (these days some brilliant games surprisingly get released without warning and then I have to buy them immediately, (Such as The New Zealand Story) )

9 hours ago, Einhandr said:

I already planned on doing this as well.  I’ve only gone through the first one so far, but I saved my Warmech bestiary entry so that I can pop this platinum last so that it shows up first on my list.  I also conveniently timed it so that once I pop the last platinum (FFI) it will be my 100th platinum!  Final Fantasy is my favorite series of all time so I found it fitting that FF7 Remake was my 50th, and the one that started it all will be my 100th.

The original FF7 was my 100th platinum, on New Years Day and also my 7777th trophy. lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

On 23/4/2023 at 1:41 AM, enaysoft said:

BRO FIST! 1f602.png

No, looking from newest to oldest, they would appear in reverse order. But man, imagine platinum-ing FF6 and then 5 all the way own to 1 so it would appear in CORRECT order.

OMG! I don't think I'm even that OCD to be do that. Please don't put strange ideas into my head! lol

I am in the exact same boat, I thought I was alone with this. If you complain about 6 games imagine having to do all the MGS series or GOW. I think I finished MGS/Kojima series after a year I started. And I even go for PS3, PS4 and PS5 versions if avaliable so that they are "all stacked together".

But it really is really hard to keep up like this, Specially playing games on release and trying to plat it within the first days only to be beaten by a someone who owned the game 2 weeks before it was avaliable.

But yeah, my OCD goes that far as to try to get every version avaliable, just look at my GOW list. And it makes me angry to see that in the end my MGS list got messed up because my PS3 uploaded MGS2 first then MGS3 even when the trophies have a date and time it somehow got disordered. My lists sometimes differ from Oldest to Newest or by Timeline story wise. I will try to get MHR Sunbreak that releases in the next couple of days and it bothers me that it won't be right next to my MHR platinum.

• Like 1

This isn’t something worth thinking about at all if you sort alphabetically like a sane person. Last played is such a mess, and even if you do hold off like this, what do you do when XVI releases? That’ll definitely be separated.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

I will do the same once I start playing them. But going from Final Fantasy I through XVI in chronological order is absolute lunacy. How long does it take to finish FF Online?! Do spinoffs also count? Good lord. ?

Real time? A few months for the PS4 version due to levequests only giving you so many per day. Game time - definitely a few hundred hours cause you'll most likely do other stuff in the game unrelated to stuff on the way to the plat. 

PS5 version? Not sure cause I haven't done it but due to 3000 FATES and the collectibles, it'd probably take a bit longer and be more boring. And that's not even factoring the DLC trophies which would take a considerable time to get as well, especially the one to reach floor 100 solo in the new Deep Dungeon. That could take you a hundred hours (maybe?) or more depending on your skill. And more DLC will be added for a long time too. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:58 AM, El Duderino said:

I will do the same once I start playing them. But going from Final Fantasy I through XVI in chronological order is absolute lunacy. How long does it take to finish FF Online?! Do spinoffs also count? Good lord. ?

I can't vouch for anyone else's OCD, but for me, for some reason. I would DEFINITELY need to have FF1-6 in order.

FF7, 8, 9 etc. They are all available separately so for some very unknown reason, I am fine with those being our order.

Same goes for Resident Evil games

To me, the fact that it has been available in a pack / bundle makes me want to have them together.

Still, it seems there are many other people on this forum who take my platinum pop order syndrome to higher level.

I feel your pain. And I also stand with you, my brothers!!! ?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

The other way around, I don't like to have games of the same series right next to each other on my profile, so even if I have all the games from one saga, I usually alternate them with one up to three other games, because I like variety lol

lol. I also suffer from this in a way.

I do this with Hamster Arcade Archives where possible, I don't seem to like completing multiple Hamster games in a row (unless they are sequels / related games) so I'm like

"Man I wish I could play XXXXX but I still need to get 100% or platinum on another game to sandwich the gap".

Of course maybe in the future one of those games gets DLC and then BOOM, the order is fragmented again. lol

• Like 1

• 7 months later...