Anyone else suffer from Platinum pop order syndrome?

You

I suffer the same OCD as yours, buddy. You can check my profile I'm holding off many easy trophies before Platinum.

Because once you 100%ed it. There's no way to change the order anymore. While I'm still waiting the Fall Guys PS5 to get fixed so that I can stacked it right after the PS4 versions.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Are you saying you hold off getting one trophy so you can plat them in reverse order, so they're listed in reverse order on your profile? That's weird.

I believe by reverse order he meant how they would appear on his profile, because they appear from latest to least recent. So if you plat them in order, as you scroll down you would see the last game first. The holding off one trophy was just so he could force the games to be grouped together even if he played other games between.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, serpent_guy said:

I suffer the same OCD as yours, buddy. You can check my profile I'm holding off many easy trophies before Platinum.

Because once you 100%ed it. There's no way to change the order anymore. While I'm still waiting the Fall Guys PS5 to get fixed so that I can stacked it right after the PS4 versions.

BRO FIST! ?

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Are you saying you hold off getting one trophy so you can plat them in reverse order, so they're listed in reverse order on your profile? That's weird.

No, looking from newest to oldest, they would appear in reverse order. But man, imagine platinum-ing FF6 and then 5 all the way own to 1 so it would appear in CORRECT order.

OMG! I don't think I'm even that OCD to be do that. Please don't put strange ideas into my head! lol

24 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

I believe by reverse order he meant how they would appear on his profile, because they appear from latest to least recent. So if you plat them in order, as you scroll down you would see the last game first. The holding off one trophy was just so he could force the games to be grouped together even if he played other games between.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

BRO FIST! 1f602.png

No, looking from newest to oldest, they would appear in reverse order. But man, imagine platinum-ing FF6 and then 5 all the way own to 1 so it would appear in CORRECT order.

OMG! I don't think I'm even that OCD to be do that. Please don't put strange ideas into my head! lol

Yeah, that's what I'm saying is reverse order.

• Like 1

I suffer from a similar compulsion but I find it impossible to keep up with…

Basically, I wasn’t a gamer from about 2003 to 2016. Then someone gave me a PS3 and I went on a PSN shopping spree aiming to relive/catch-up on missed experiences chronologically (the year HD ports/remasters originally released). You can see my profile starts with Sonic (1991) > Sonic 2 (1992) > Jet Set Radio (2000) but then Sonic CD (1993) and Daytona USA (1994) turned up massively discounted in a PSN sale and ended up slotted in before Ico (Sep 2001) and MGS2 (Nov 2001).

Once I switched from PS3 to PS4 I started to keep things chronological (based on date of PS4 releases rather than originals since new remasters come out all the time) but there’s still a load of things out of order as my tastes have changed from when I drew up my original list/backlog.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1

Yeah I get what you mean. It's not OCD or anything like that for me. But similar. More of a personal goal so I can look at my trophy log seeing 1 through 6 in order. 

Tomorrow I have to bring my ps5 to my parents house to play some Jack Box games for late Easter family time. And I've already decided I'm gonna make a dummy account just in case a trophy i dont already have pops. Cause I think it'd be neat to see all these FF games in order. 

Also it's not 50 hours each game. I platinumed the first one in about 13 hours game time. And I'm halfway through number 2 with 10 hours game time. And no, I'm not using any of the boosts. Just auto battle (actually, In number 1 I did turn on 4x level after I finished the game while I searched for the war machine to finish the bestiary. But I don't necessarily count that.) 

Edited by Profeelgood
  • Like 1

Hmm nothing of the sort BUT i do like to play in order whenever is possible, not just for story reasons but because it allows me to see what has improved - and what has worsened.

Like how my sister bought Nights of Azure 2 but still haven't beaten 1, and I was curious of both so I played them in order, loving the first but "not caring" for the second. Same for Caligula Effect: I remember hearing a sequel coming so I thought to try 1 again before I could get 2, and I ended up loving both for their pros and cons.

But in a proper order? Eeeh, not really. Sure I have Spyro trilogy and Sly trilogy in order but they were shorter games. Bioshock 1 and 2 are in order while Infinite isn't, but they weren't that hard and I absolutely loved 2 so I immediately jumped into 2, but not for Infinite.

Basically, after platinum a game of a series I generally play something else to "cleanse my palate" before returning to the series. And even though I don't have these games yet I might just do the same: I will start with 1, finish it, platinum it, then probably hop on something else and go over 2 when I'm feeling it. Otherwise I'd get tired too quickly.

• Like 3

No, I have never heard of this, like you said, it sounds a bit too OCD for me. I have a sort of similar thing I do to what you described and that is playing and doing platinum for games in a series all at once or like 3 in a row. I have done this with God of Wars and Resident Evils.

• Like 1

I just realised this OCD of mine seems to have started back earlier than I thought, and I didn't necessarily pick up on it until now. Even with games that didn't end with 100%
It seems that if I decided "Yeah I'm not ever gonna get platinum on this game(s)" I pop trophies to get grouped games in order as if there were 100% and then I move on.

As an example, I've got the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD Remakes on PS3 (The Japanese only ones and not the Kiwami ones released recently) right next to each other

I've also done the same with all 3 XCom games on PS3 and Vita

Silent Hill 2 and 3.

Resident Evil 6 stacks...

• Like 1

I usually try to play games in chronological order, as you can see, if you check my profile. I will probably play FF 1-6 back to back so I can stack them. It's mind boggling that Sony won't let us order our plats alphabetically like they used to on PS3. That's why I still think the PS3 is the GOAT when it comes to trophies.

• Like 1

I don't go out of way to do it but yeah I have been doing it a bit the last few years when the opportunity arises. One of my PSN friends recently platted all of the Yakuza games back to back I don't think I have that kind of dedication.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I don't go out of way to do it but yeah I have been doing it a bit the last few years when the opportunity arises. One of my PSN friends recently platted all of the Yakuza games back to back I don't think I have that kind of dedication.

WOAH! Give him a huge well done from me!

• Like 1

I like seeing it myself but the burnout I feel playing series back to back overtakes the OCD. I did do it for God of War and Ratchet and Clank only because I was completely absorbed in their worlds and stories and was excited to start each game, plus each game does not take that long to beat and their plats are not so mind numbingly difficulty that I need a break (I still haven't gone back to Crash 2 since 1's was so tough lol). 

Basically, if the games don't take too long to plat and I feel I genuinely want to play each game back to back, not because of some OCD trophy list order I do play back to back. Otherwise I prefer taking breaks with other games since I actually want to ENJOY the games I play. I don't wanna ever see this hobby as some huge grind to fulfill some OCD.

• Like 1

Historically, if you look at my trophy profile, I don't do this.  I did do it with Senran Kagura last year where I platinumed six of them in a row.  I didn't experience any sort of burnout then with that series.  I'm doing the same thing again now with the Naruto UNS series.  Again, I can't say I'm experiencing much burnout this time either.  Would I do this all the time with every series?  HELL NO!! LOL I think quicker, easier series such as an anime or something, anything that you really enjoy and on an occasional basis, yeah.  Now take say....all of the FromSoftware Soulsbourne games....NO!  Just no!  But that's just me and my take.  To each, his/her own.  Cheers! 

• Like 1

I 100% subscribe to this...If possible, I do like to do them consecutively, but depending on when things are released and when I play them, it's not possible. I have all the original God of Wars played in release order consecutively, same with the Mass Effect Series and Kingdom Hearts Series. I died a little inside when the DLC came out and moved KH3 out of the order. My Final Fantasy games are a bit out of whack since they've been sporadically released throughout the years, but I have some of them in order in a row. I plan on doing a Soulsbourne run and a Yakuza run. I'm having a bit of a self-crisis as a current project I'm working on will butt heads entirely with that ethos I've tried to follow. If I stick to my order guns...it's going to add a lot of games I didn't intend to play to my project. I'll probably end up doing it so I don't annoy myself...but who knows. At a minimum, I want to beat the games in release order if possible, but I do like to see them consecutively on my list. That won't happen with COD games since the first one I played was MW3 and I didn't anticipate liking the game, so that was going to be the only one on my profile. I did like it though so I'll randomly play the other ones over time. The funny thing is I'm not OCD in the least outside of my gaming profile....my wife can vouch for that....but there's something harmonious about seeing a series lined up in a row. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

I do EXACTLY this for Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy games. My plan is that when I finish my backlog and before I officially transition into the PS5 games only I will unlock the platinums and/or get the 100% in each game so they are all in order on my list.

For other games I don’t save one trophy but I sometimes plan out the order I play games in so they appear together on my trophy list. I only played horror themed games for several years to have a long list of only horror. FMV games are all together. I usually marathon PSVR games together. I also try to bunch together games with no platinum trophy.

• Like 2