Iron Giant Missery (Field Research - Professional)

RayCharlizard

2 hours ago, RayCharlizard said:

Just a thread for anyone wanting to commiserate over the encounter rate of the Iron Giant, one of the final Bestiary entries I'm missing before the platinum. Just listening to podcasts as I run back and forth past the warp portal on floor 7 of Pandemonium.

giphy.gif

The encounter rate is terrible, can't argue with that!

Found that the part of Castle Pandaemonium on the 7th floor where there are a row of pillars, that running back and forth along the set of floor tiles directly below them was the most guaranteed method of encountering an Iron Giant within a reasonable amount of time. 

Not sure if you have tried this particular place/method yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

The encounter rate is terrible, can't argue with that!

Found that the part of Castle Pandaemonium on the 7th floor where there are a row of pillars, that running back and forth along the set of floor tiles directly below them was the most guaranteed method of encountering an Iron Giant within a reasonable amount of time. 

Not sure if you have tried this particular place/method yet.

Does this thing actually appear on 7F? Online discussion is inconsistent on if it appears on 7F or 6F/5F and I'm not sure which versions of the game I'm finding these spawn rates from.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked up video example to convince myself that I'm in the right place.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Does this thing actually appear on 7F? Online discussion is inconsistent on if it appears on 7F or 6F/5F and I'm not sure which versions of the game I'm finding these spawn rates from.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked up video example to convince myself that I'm in the right place.

It has for me and I've run through Pixel Remaster both on Steam and PS4. Both times the best place I could find was right under that row of pillars. I'm sure it appears elsewhere in the castle, it was just the best place for me. Very rare to run into either way. 

I actually found one really quick. Was on 4F (or maybe 5F?) heading to the monster chest that has Tiamat in it and it showed up. Never saw another for the rest of the game though.

Edited by Caldor2K2

• 1 month later...

I've been very unlucky with quite a few of the spawns in this game, so I am filled with dread ?

(I'll update how it goes when I get to this point.

Update: Going through the dungeon right now, just did the chest that has Beelzebub, and while walking towards the exit of the room I got it, so I got extremely lucky.

Update II: Not even 5 minutes later I encountered another one.

Edited by Biertje373