Sony releases game list for 2014

DarkStar83x

Sony released a list of all games that are scheduled for release on PS4 in 2014 so far. Please note this is US only:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/26/ps4-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list/

Sony, why must you tempt me to buy a PS4 now?! And I bet there will be more to see in the coming months, especially at E3, Gamescom, and TGS.

Edited by DarkStar83x

For those complaining about the lack of PS4 games, this list shows some awesome games coming out this year.

With Infamous: Second Son behind us, Driveclub in an unknown state, and The Order: 1886 coming later this year, 2014 seems a little barren for PlayStation 4.

Well, Sony is seeking to dispel that with a huge list of games still coming sometime in 2014. There are over 100 of them, in fact, and while a vast majority of them are tinier indie games, there seems to be plenty to keep both triple-A fans and indie players alike happy.

Here’s the full list. Note that there are still games that haven't been announced, and are therefore not on the list.

Spring, 2014

• 1,001 Spikes

• Anomaly 2

• Bound by Flame

• CastleStorm: Definitive Edition

• Cel Damage HD

• Child of Light

• Daylight

• DiveKick: Addition Edition

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

• Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

• KickBeat: Special Edition

• King Oddball

• LEGO The Hobbit

• Mercenary Kings

• MLB 14: The Show

• Octodad: Dadliest Catch

• Oddworld: New n’ Tasty

• Pure Pool

• RBI Baseball 14

• Ready to Run

• Secret Ponchos

• Sportsfriends

• Switch Galaxy Ultra

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Strike Suit Zero

• The Swapper

• Titan Attacks

• Trials Fusion

• War Thunder

• Watch Dogs

• Wolfenstein: The New Order

Summer, 2014

• CounterSpy

• Destiny

• Final Horizon

• Galak-Z: The Dimensional

• Helldivers

• Murdered: Soul Suspect

• OlliOlli

• Pavilion

• PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

• Sniper Elite 3

• The Elder Scrolls Online

• The Evil Within

• Race the Sun

• Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

• Velocity 2X

Fall, 2014

• Alien: Isolation

• Dragon Age: Inquisition

• Evolve

• Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

• Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

• The Witness

Winter, 2014

• Assassin’s Creed Unity

• Guns of Icarus Online

• Hyper Light Drifter

• Ray’s the Dead

TBA, 2014

• Assault Android Cactus

• Aztez

• Backgammon Blitz

• Batman: Arkham Knight

• Blast ‘Em Bunnies

• Cosmic Star Heroine

• Defense Grid 2

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

• Driveclub

• Dying Light

• EA Sports UFC

• Energy Hook

• forma.8

• Foul Play

• Hohokum

• Home

• Hotline Miami

• Legend of Raven

• Lords of the Fallen

• Mad Max

• Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

• Minecraft

• N++

• NBA 2K15

• Nuclear Throne

• The Order: 1886

• Pier Solar and the Great Architects

• Planetside 2

• Putty Squad

• Road Not Taken

• Rogue Legacy

• Samurai Gunn

• Savant Ascent

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

• Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

• Starbound

• Super Exploding Zoo

• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

• The Crew

• Tom Clancy’s The Division

• Transistor

• Tropico 5

• Valiant Hearts: The Great War

• Volume

• Worms Battlegrounds

• WWE 2K15

Which of these games – if any – are you interested in?

Source: IGN and PlayStation Blog  

That is quite an awesome list and there are quite a few titles I'm looking forward to. 

Parker

Looks very nice..! But no GTA :/

I'm sure there are games that will be coming out this year that aren't on this list. It'd be nice to see a PS4/Xbone and PC version of GTA V this year (and I think some people on the "inside" suspect that is the case) but I'd also be fine with seeing a brand new GTA game on the new systems in the next couple years too. 

That list is only for US, EU or worldwide?

It may be worldwide. Here is a link to the EU PlayStation Blog, I don't feel like going through both lists to spot differences. 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/26/every-ps4-game-announced-2014-far-100-growing/

Parker

I'm sure there are games that will be coming out this year that aren't on this list. It'd be nice to see a PS4/Xbone and PC version of GTA V this year (and I think some people on the "inside" suspect that is the case) but I'd also be fine with seeing a brand new GTA game on the new systems in the next couple years too. 

It may be worldwide. Here is a link to the EU PlayStation Blog, I don't feel like going through both lists to spot differences. 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/26/every-ps4-game-announced-2014-far-100-growing/

Parker

Okay I'll check that list, I'm waiting for the JP list though :/

I agree with this suspicion, it should be coming to the PC, ps4/xbone im not too sure although there was this rumor flying around earlier this year > http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/27/new-red-dead-from-take-two-is-in-the-works-potentially-for-a-2014-launch/

seems plausible but id assume that would be what they were working on at the moment, could be wrong lol 

OMG can't wait for the next Assassin's Creed!!(say's no one anymore)

more or less how everyone feels hahaa 

But they said they've been working on it for the last 3 years...

The same with black flag, there is no denying the work put in to the games its just annual releases eventually tire people out, look at call of duty for example when modern warfare 2 was coming out back in 09 it was a massive big deal compared to how ghosts was ridiculed when its essentially the same game lol 

Edited by James_KFC_Lee

I was going to save up and buy a PS4 later this year, but looking at that list makes me not want to bother. The only game I'm interested in is Arkham Knight, but I can just get it on PC. Basically everything else I would want I already have on PS3 or PC.

I'm a little upset that Final Fantasy XV is not on the TBA 2014 list... though the writer did mention this list isn't set in stone.

Keep my fingers crossed!

I'd be surprised if we were to see this game released in 2014

Enix likes to release FF games around March

I'd be surprised if we were to see this game released in 2014

Enix likes to release FF games around March

They usually release around November/December in Japan, and if they're going for a worldwide simultaneous release, like they've been hinting at, it's possible we'll get it late this year. They also said last year that they expect a 2014 release. So, it's very possible. It could go either way.

All I know, is that I'll be getting a PS4 once it does get released.

They usually release around November/December in Japan, and if they're going for a worldwide simultaneous release, like they've been hinting at, it's possible we'll get it late this year. They also said last year that they expect a 2014 release. So, it's very possible. It could go either way.

All I know, is that I'll be getting a PS4 once it does get released.

Worldwide release this year is doubtful, since the game will have to be translated into English after the Japanese version is ready to be distributed and sold. Also it would be the first time they've ever done a simultaneous release.

This game has turned into a strategic marketing product, they've pushed back the release after the PS4 announcement and there's no way Enix is going to release 3 Final Fantasy games in one year.

I'm really trying to tie up loose ends on PS3 games before I get a PS4--except I just bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $8 @_@

--but I'm looking forward to Batman and Mad Max!  Maybe Transformers, seeing the trailers for it actually makes me less excited but we'll see.....