Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

I'll do mine in an alphabetical order, since I can't really do a proper rankingsince I'll no doubt forget some. Looking at my list, I don't seem to like villains...

Bentley (Sly Cooper series)- Probably one of the only major disabled characters who isn't relegated to a "guy giving the info" role or "let's stick him in an Iron Man suit to give him a reason to move." Sucker Punch knew they had a cartoony game and even if his legs no longer worked, that gives no reason he shouldn't present as he is and kick ass anyway. But of course before he lost his legs, he displayed and immense bond with Sly and Murray, cementing them as an actual family.

kisspng-sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-sly-2

Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)- A leader forced into some very tricky circumstances but throughout it he displays an enormous sense of responsibility for newly introduced family member(s), and Robin who is revealed in the prologue to um... do a thing... but he continues to trust them knowing this.

Download Kid Icarus Ssb4 Sprite 1 - Fire Emblem Chrom Portrait - Full Size  PNG Image - PNGkit

Delilah (Firewatch)- Unique to most major characters, this one is never seen and can only be talked to over the walkie talkie, and this is the only character you can talk to most of the time, she basically acts as Henry's and the players lifeline to make sure we don't feel so alone in the game, even if we never see any person for hours.

S6CkxV6.jpeg

Lev (The Last of Us Part II)- Number one... Great to see a major trans character in a AAA game, but that in itself wouldn't be enough to be one of my favourite characters, it's the fact that he's both religious to a religion that he both believes in wholeheartedly and is (at the very least perceived to be by other followers) living against. And much discourse is very black or white, and there's little talking about the people who unwillingly apply to both sides.

Eb3YTq_WAAYg6wp.jpg

Louis (The Walking Dead Game: Final Season)- One of the romantic interests for Clementine, comic relief and one of the more tragic characters in the first half of the game, his motivations to his immediate actions are always understandable, but when given time it is clear that he is mature enough for the apocalypse even if he seems at first glance to be reckless and a goof... Also he melted my heart with his singing of Oh My Darling.

Dy-zbXyWwAIzhsA.jpg

Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4 Golden)- Discussing Naoto without spoilers is... complicated, and there is much said about them that isn't in my headcanon, but i don't wanna take away if they are like *that* in yours, but what Naoto does manage to achieve with their character in the relatively short time in game is go from minor potential antagonist, cautious ally, to main character... not bad. What I do really like is that the arc they go through says about inexperience and the prejudice that comes with it especially since I was the same age as them when I first played the game.  

67-670503_persona-4-naoto-shirogane-hd-p

Rivet (Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart)- Quirky, likeable, and flawed. She mirrors the arc Ratchet had in the 2002 game, but unlike the Ratchet of then, Rivet becomes a hero because she wants to save others, rather than because a small robot said she had to. Her anger towards...*Someone*... is understandable, but the rage she unsuccessfully hides makes her feel more, for lack of a better word, human.

3829719-feature_ratchetclankriftapartpre

Ryan Lucan (Life is Strange: True Colors)- Strangely similar story to Louis now I think about it, except Ryan's tragic element comes at the end of the game. Anyway trade out Louis's chaotic goofball energy with Ryan's Adorkable energy, and you have what is apparently "my type"... I'd planned to romance Steph until he whipped out the birdsong CD.

4b083d1ba79ede9375c044fa46f598b034c7962a

Snorpy Fizzlebean (Bugsnax)- A conspiracy theorist and possibly crazy when you first meet him, but then you slowly realise that this exterior is much more a product of his anxiety and while he never gains the self-awareness to cease what most people would consider crazy, he does show immense compassion for everyone else, including his sibling whose relationship has been quite... confrontational. Also frankly watching him crush of his boyfriend is just adorable  

Snorpycrop.png?width=640

Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)- Xion is my favourite character, specifically the version we interact with in the DS game, we basically see her whole life, birth, growing into a person, questioning her existence, forging her own path. That's more than an arc... that's a biography.

Xion.png

• Like 1

c791f5d789bbeba785bf1be654448930551be2ed

Probably my favourite character in any media, let alone gaming, hands down is Goro Majima.

I don’t even want to talk about this guy for fear of spoilers. All I can say, is to go play the Yakuza series (starting with Zero is my recommendation) and experience him for yourself. Lol

Edited by SmileSlice
  • Like 1