Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

#1 - YUFFFIEEE!  :wub:  (FFVII/KH)

#2 - Yuna (FFX/FFX-2)

#3 - Kairi (KH series)

#4 - Lightning/clarie farron (FFXIII Series)

#5 - Kutaro (Puppeteer) [though he's a puppet, i like him  :giggle:]

love other characters but just no  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So many! I was gonna put pictures but I think I'll break the internet if I do :P

• Solid Snake and Big Boss (MGS Series - almost inseparable in terms of which one is better in my opinion)
  • Ellie (TLoU - such emotion, wow)
  • Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite - felt like a real person; great AI)
  • Andrew Ryan (Bioshock - awesome figure in the game)
  • Isaac Clarke (Dead Space - relatable... in a strange way)
  • John Marston (RDR - real guy, so awesome to play as)
  • Cole (Infamous Series - just a heck-load of fun)
  • Sully and Nathan Drake (Uncharted - awesome characterisation)
  • Vaas (FC3 - such an awesome character, under-used unfortunately)
  • MY Commander Steve Shepard (Mass Effect - 100+ hours with this bad boy)
  • GLADOS (Portal - hilarious and scary)
  • Ezio (Assassin's Creed - funny and a top bloke)

And I'm sure there's a whole bunch I've missed :P

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Pit will probably always be my No. 1 go-to guy, but I listed my top 5 for funz.

1. Pit (Kid Icarus)

Image result for Pit kid icarus

Spoiler

Ok, I really like Pit for a couple of simple reasons: 

1. He is an awesome character to play as on Super Smash Bros.

2. His characte reminds me of myself. He is a goofball in short. He loves to joke around and tell funny jokes, but he also is very dependable and loyal to his friends. No matter how bad things are going, he always tries to put a smile on your face or tells jokes at the worst times. Pit is just such a goofy, quirky character that you can't help but love him, no matter how simplistic he may seem on the surface. 

2. Owain (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Related image

Spoiler

Omg. I can't help but laugh every time I play through fire emblem awakening and use him on my team. He has this alternate persona where he believes that he can't control what he calls his "Sword hand" and that whenever he is in battle, it will go off on it's own and mercilessly slaughter it's enemies (and possibly his friends). I'm not sure if this is some sort of coping method that Owain has to justify killing his enemies or if he is just straight up insane, but it is hilarious to read. He also has a strange fascination with naming his weapons and keeps a diary with names of his special attacks (he even draws flames next to some of them). Better yet, in Fire emblem Conquest he goes under the alias "Odin Dark" and ends up having a daughter who is literally just like him! Such a goofy character probably doesn't belong in such a cruel game of life or death... yet, here is shouting war cries of previous fire emblem games to rally the troops!

3. Aigis (P3 and Persona Q)

Image result for Aigis

Spoiler

I think it's amazing that you meet her on "Operation Babe Hunt" and Junpei, the MC, and Akihito don't realize she's a robot. It's interesting to see her evolve as a character through the game. You really feel a bond forming between her and the MC and her comments on things are so out of left field that you can't help yourself from laughing. Also, one of my favorite scenes from Persona Q is when they find the carnival and Naoto is playing the shooting game and Aigis pulls out the Gatling Gun to just blow everything apart. It's moments like that where she does something out of left field that really makes me like her. 

4. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts Series)

Related image

Spoiler

Those who've played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days gets me on this in what was by far, the most emotional battle I've ever played in a video game. Essentially, Roxas is forced to kill his best friend Xion, which forces him to leave his best friend Axel and Organization XIII and loses all his memories after fighting Riku and leaving for Twighlight town (Hence, the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2). That's some pretty heavy shit, isn't it? That whole game is just Roxas becoming more bitter towards the organization and essentially betraying his friends because he was forced to kill another. Really a sad game, but makes Roxas a much more complex character than what some people may realize.

5. Akihito (Persona 3/ Persona Q)

Image result for Akihiko persona

Spoiler

Akihito is pretty much a meat head, always rushing into a fight, doesn't care how strong his enemies are, and fights until either a game over screen or he wins. The guys got balls (or no brains). It feels weird having 2 characters from the same game in the top five, but the cast of characters are just that good. Learning about his past with SEES was pretty heavy, but somehow, he still goes into battles fearless (and sometimes complementing his enemies pecs). I can respect a guy like that.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)

Kirijou.Mitsuru.full.1840498.jpg

This is my favorite character and favorite girl period. Mitsuru is intelligent, confident, sexy. She's a good leader and she's a total bad-ass too. I really admire and respect her. Strong female characters are kinda my thing so she's an A+ 100/10 so good she breaks the scale. I found it hilarious that she didn't know how to eat fast food or that she doesn't pick out her own clothes, it's so her. My favorite part of her was

Spoiler

her social link when she started wildin' out on her would-be finance and basically told him that he aint shit, she'll lead the Kirijo group by herself, and that she's a strong woman that don't need no man.

That's when I fell in love with this character. People always joke about waifu shit but if Mitsuru was real I would genuinely want her as my wife. 1f60d.png

Emiya Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)

5833ca678f37812b87444b63c48d2bd7e64f0ef3_hq.jpg

My boy Shirou. From the start of FSN I was highly intrigued by his character and I wasn't disappointed. Seeing him changing throughout the story and seeing him change through the subsequent routes was a true joy. Talking a bit more would head into spoiler territory so I'll stop here. Shirou to me is what makes the Fate series what it is. Conquering oneself 

Edited by Melty

On 3/27/2014 at 0:33 PM, faisalc64 said:

Ellie_naughty_dog.png

The best character ever of my experience Ellie this girl has a sense of humour I'll never forget her ways of talking her skillz but at the end she is still the best 14 year old character I have ever played. :)

Skillz, i see what you did there you lovable bastard ;) mine has to be Nathan Drake, Cole Phelps (L.A. Noire), Bigby Wolf from The wolf Among Us, Sackboy (LBP) and Abe from Oddworld

The struggle!

- Junko Enoshima and Toko Fukawa (Danganronpa)
- Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
- Caithe (Guild Wars 2)

Those 4 are super high in my heart. I've been caught quite a few times by friends staring at Caithe while playing through the story, since that one is a MMO. I have no regrets~

• 4 weeks later...

Mine would have to be:

Lara Croft - Tomb Raider (Classic)

Albert Wesker - Resident Evil

Johnny Gat - Saints Row: The Third and IV

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite

Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood

Adam Jenson - Deus Ex

Batman - Batman: Arkham Series

Nick Scryer - Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

I could go on about several more others that I really like but I'll stop right there lol

• Like 1

I remember watching my older brothers playing Metal Gear (1, 2, 3) when I was a kid. I thought Raiden in mgs2 was pretty cool. By the time I was 13 I had already played all the metal gear games myself and it was time for Metal Gear 4. When Raiden calls Snake on the Codec I was like whaaaaat!?, then when 20 minutes later he appears on the roof to defend Snake against the gekkos and Vamp... I was speechless. 

Related image

• Like 2

My number one is and will always be Lightning from the FFXIII series (PS3). I favour strong independent women in real life who can stand on their own two feet and are career focussed, so equally in gaming I like the strong female characters. Lightning has all those qualities: Strong, goal focussed, determined and able to fight without having to rely on others or men to save her like her sister Serah who I do not like. Lightning would be my video game role model and I strive to be more like her. She is also very pretty and has a great figure and I've taken her hairstyle photo a number of times to the hairdresser in hope that my hair could resemble her style somewhat (minus the hair colour of course). I liked her best in Lightning Returns as a solo fighter as I thought she was really cool in that game. 

Also, I liked her modeling for Louis Vuitton and Hermes... if only I was rich enough to afford this. 

Lightning-ds1-670x426-constrain.jpg

2. Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia (PS3): I like dark heros/ anti-heroes and I liked that bit in Yuri, plus his rebellious nature and preference for the colour black (it's my favourite colour)

3. Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria (PS4): Similar to Lightning in that I like her strength, determination and goal focus. Also, like Yuri I like the Anti-Hero in her and her very rebellious streak. Her punk look is also cool as I'm really into punk fashion. 

4. Rikku (FFX/X-2): I like her cheerfulness in the team, and how she well she deals with all the prejudice she receives as an Al Bhed, keeping optimistic and looking out for her friends. She's one of my favourite FF characters after Lightning.

5. Balthier and Fran (FFXII): I really like this pair. Balthier is pretty cool, and I admire his confidence. I like Fran for her calm and cool nature, plus I love her English voice (but not a fan of the Japanese voice).

• Like 3

Here are my top 5:

5.- 492684-semana-street-fighter-asi-es-akum

Akuma: He is a legitimate ass kicker, he doesn't give a damn about anyone else, he killed his own master for the sake of power, he surpasses Bison in terms of power level, he didn't flinch against Ryu or Ken and almost killed his own brother.

4.- darksiders.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

War and Death: Brothers, warriors, cold and skilled killers, riders of the apocalypse, they destroy demons, nuff said.

3.- https://psmedia.playstation.com/is/image/psmedia/AsurasWrath_FeaturedImage?$TwoColumn_Legacy$

Asura: A father avenging her wife and trying to rescue and protect her daughter. He doesn't give 5 cents for ideas, for proyects, knowledge, words. A very good tale (and misused by Capcom).

2.- https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/castlevania/images/d/d9/Dracula_MoF.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20120708204346

Gabriel Belmont: Cold, yet with a high sense of justice, a holy warrior casted into the abyss by cruel twists of time and destiny. He sacrificed almost anything in sake of saving human race. Betrayed by almost anyone he previously trusted. You can even relate sometimes with him in his despairs and desperation.

1.- https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/godofwar/images/1/19/Kratos_rendering_concept.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/310?cb=20100727072252

Kratos: Another soul tortured by the cruel twists of destiny. However, he didn't stay calm and quiet. He kills an entire pantheon of gods because they tried to use him as their puppet, everyone paid for that nonsense.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 2

1. Claire Redfield (RE) - Nothing more admirable (or hotter) than a regular girl with a lovely disposition (being a bitch and striking your companions doesn't make you strong, Lightning!) who survives hell twice out of her love for her family.
  2. Big Boss (MGS series) - I really loved the devotion and loyalty he inspired in characters like Ocelot, Eva and Naomi.
  3. Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (FFXII) - For a while I would have said Quistis was my favourite FF lady but Ashe has more character development.
  4. Balthier (FFXII) - He's the leading man, plus I think Ashe was half in love with him by the end of the game. 
  5. Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) - So many great Persona characters Yosuke, Futaba, Akihiko and Makoto but Mitsuru stands above them all.

There were a few others that left an impression. Adam Jensen and Bayonetta as well as Miranda, Mordin, Thane, Samara, Grunt and Legion all from Mass Effect 2.

• Like 1