Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

That's really a hard question. Right now I have an obsession with Kokichi Oma from Danganronpa V3. But I think if I really would need to choose it would be either Roxas or Ventus from the Kingdom Hearts series. Probably Ventus since I like the Birth by Sleep trio more than the 358/2 Days trio.

gfs_360093_2_2.jpg

Noire - Neptunia Series

latest?cb=20150708210338

Homura - Senran Kagura Series

promo.jpg

Hatsune Miku - Project Diva Series

latest?cb=20151124165659

Fang - Fairy Fencer F Series

rayden-chen-2-raydenchen-devil-may-cry-d

Dante - Devil May Cry Series

350?cb=20091001191254

Siegfried - Soul Series

latest?cb=20090420052309

Mario and Sonic - Mario Series and Sonic Series

• Like 1

Definitely a tough question, as there are so many likeable characters, but here are my best.

1. Kratos (God of War Series)

2. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect Trilogy)

3. Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)

4. Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)

5. Lara Croft (The New Tomb raider series)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
16 minutes ago, TKdovahkiin said:

Clementine from Telltale’s the Walking Dead - Because I identify with her in every way imaginable.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20180701015653

Conner from Detroit Become Human - Because I loove him and his dedication & focus

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=11907498

Kaos from Skylander's Spyro's Adventure - Because he's freakin hilarious 

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Dear lord I love Connor too, he’s awesome and funny. ? Him and his wife (the stripper from the game) do livestreams together and they’re such a lovely couple.

• Like 1

Since I can only list five, all of mine are from Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

1) Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 is my favorite monster ever because I love what he represents, his design, the sense of foreboding that you have when he is standing behind the metal gate in the apartment buildings, etc. I love his knife and what it represents as well and as an artist, I am awed that despite having so few actual features (i.e. the lack of a face), he manages to be scarier than most video game monsters just through his sinister presence.

Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head Was Pure Sexual Terror

2) Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 (especially in the remake) is up there with Pyramid Head not only because he is the most awesome and horrific looking thing I've ever seen, but because he has the ability to legitimately scare me. I have anxiety disorder and I thought Mr. X was bad in Resident Evil 2, but at least you can outrun that guy for at little while. I have diokophobia (I am terrified of being chased even if the person or animal chasing me means me no harm) and nothing triggers it like Nemesis.

3) Billy Coen from Resident Evil 0 is a favorite as far as humans go because I feel that he is a multi-faceted character with a great backstory that they could have done so much more with. Details are in the spoiler section below.

Spoiler

As a US Marine that is falsely accused of a crime and sentenced to death, I felt that they could have done one of their many Resident Evil spinoff games and explored the character in a more in-depth way. How is it that someone lives through a nightmare like the one that he went through with Rebecca and then just returns to his regular life in hiding after she reports him dead? That makes no sense. There's so many questions I have that need answering!

4) Chris Redfield in his REmake style is a favorite because I like his strong sense of honor and traditional masculinity as well as his ability to admit that he has weaknesses. In the ending of the REmake, you can see him put his head in his hand and sigh, showing his exhaustion. Also...

Spoiler

...in the REmake, if you choose to let the Hunter get Rebecca instead of saving her (perhaps for the Every Man For Himself trophy), Chris is visibly devastated when he finds her.

Most traditional male video game characters never show a soft or weak side and I think that showing this gives Chris more dimension. His backstory also says that he was expelled from the Air Force for exceeding the authority invested in his rank, but that he did it to save human lives. I like that he counts lives as worth more than formalities when it comes down to it.

5) Jill Valentine because is my fifth favorite because despite being a chick, she's Chris' best friend, can kick some major zombie butt, isn't scared of anything, and yet, shows her feminine side by playing the piano and worrying about how Chris is doing. I know in this day and age, women are all about "anything you can do, I can do, too," but I believe that women and men were created differently for a reason. I believe they were each made to do things the other sex cannot do as well so that they perfectly complement each other and I love how Jill is the perfect complement to Chris' masculinity, yet can still handle herself.

1. My number one was always Jill Valentine, she had everything for me I wanted from a video game character, and it's not just beeing pretty, because there are lots of pretty female characters who actually didn't have the same impact on me. Just a female agente fighting zombies and any kind of creatures.

2. Lara Croft. Even if didn't get into the Tomb Raider series from the very beginning, there is something on here that I like, perhaps because it is the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I think on adventure games.

3. Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Even before playing ACII I was kinda fond of italian renaissance, and having such a great character in one of my most beloved epoches and places, was just amazing. He was so great an memorable, that I think on him whenever AC comes to my mind. No wonder Ubisoft did a remaster of all his entries.

4. Ellie/Joel - I loved the last of Us when I first started playing it. This was exactly one of those games whose characters have a very well developed personallity, which contributes to a great story-telling. I still remember Joel, how cold he was and how much he cared about Ellie. As it is for Ellie, I also remember how good was playing with her (also in TLOF2) and listening to her swearing any 2 minutes :)

5. Gerald of Rivia. I only played the withcer 3, but I definetely liked the whole story and since it was everything towards witchers, then there is none else I could relate with this awesome games. I don't know why, but somehow a feel empaty with cold characters.

Edited by BlackSnake1435
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...