Who is your Favorite Character in Gaming History so far?

DarknessKey92

• 2 weeks later...

latest?cb=20131011032749

• "Did you see that, Zach? Clear as a crisp spring morning. FK...in the coffee!"
  • "Do you feel it, Zach? My coffee warned me about it."
  • "She'll think you're a psycho. Don't want that, do we Zach?"
  • "Agent Francis York Morgan. But please, call me York. That's what everyone calls me."
  • Like 3

I have been thinking about this recently too and it's so hard to choose just one.

Among my absolute favorites are

Dante, Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Joel & Ellie (Last of Us)

Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Kazuya Mishima, Jun Kazama (Tekken)

Scorpion, Cassie Cage, Kitana (Mortal Kombat)

Lo Wang (New Shadow Warrior games)

Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, Aerith Gainsborough, Sephiroth, Squall Leonhart, Beatrix, Tidus, Yuna, Auron, Lightning Farron, Snow Villiers, Caius Ballad (all Final Fantasy)

This excludes pre-existing characters (like Spider-Man, Batman, Spawn, Flash, Joker etc.)

• Like 1

The Onion and the Sun from Dark Souls: Siegmeyer and Solaire.
https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Dark-Souls/siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpghttps://www.pngkit.com/png/detail/210-2105420_dark-souls-solaire-png-clipart-pray-the-sun.png
I will always grin thinking about these characters ? My favorite serious characters change too often, it depends on the game I'm playing. But whatever happens, Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 and Aqua from Kingdom Hearts will always be near the top.
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/11129/111296641/5528275-lightning_%28dissidia_012%29.pnghttps://i.pinimg.com/736x/41/77/c7/4177c73692692fc51e62fb40538f4920.jpg

Oh boy, this is gonna be tough for me... but if I were to choose two...

Shujinko from Mortal Kombat: Deception! As a child I loved exploring through all the realms and interacting with numerous characters of the MK universe while on the quest to retrieve the Kamidogu. I really wish Netherrealm would bring more 3D era characters back into the games, or at least port Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. One day my PS2 just might die on me from revisiting those games too much.

"I was the fool who brought him this power. Only I can stop this threat borne of deception."

Shujinko | Mortal Kombat Wikia | Fandom

My next choice would have to be Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. Probably my favorite female protagonist ever because she is so awesome!! I'd love a port or remaster of the entire Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, because they were so beautiful.

"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It can only destroy."

Lightning Artwork Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Farron Photo ...

If I didn't limit myself to two I'd be here for hours. I've played too many video games to have favorites but these two I probably think of the most lol

• Like 1

On 5/31/2014 at 10:14 PM, Mai Valentine said:

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect <3

+1 Honestly. There are soooo many outstanding characters I’ve come across in my years of gaming. Memories of them are ever lasting, but to this day no one stands out as crystal clear as Shepard in my mind.

Edited by Skurkitty

John Marston - He was the first character from a video game that really resonated with me as to what a decent man should be. Humble, resolute, family orientated: as a kid with no dad I think I noticed it a bit more when people like that showed up but it was almost always in movies or books. Then later in RDR2 I think they handled his youth with great class, he's just a human after all and he didn't have to always be the righteous figure he died as, he was just some guy that became a father too soon and didn't even want that responsibility, still young, still immature and definitely not above making poor decisions, it was only after his piers moulded him into a better man and was faced with choices in paths of loyalty that after all of it was said and done showed that redemption can be earned.

It might have just been that Red Dead Redemption was the first time that heavy themes like that didn't go over my head and I really took them in, I was just finishing high school (UK) either way great dude and I hope kids who played RDR2 had the same experience with Arthur he was an equally great man.

• Like 2

Arthur Morgan - loved seeing his character develop throughout the game 

Majima Goro - love his craziness 

Moira ( Overwatch) - best female character ever. Even though most in-game characters hate her but she never insulted them or wronged them, god I love her 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...