Mini guide for DLC and new requirements for Platinum

Demek97

Hi All!
When the game was released I got the platinum trophy! Now with the DLC I continued this save and Midas only appeared once.

I tried the PS4 version and the PS5 version! Last night I deleted my save and started a new game. On the new save, Midas appeared all three times and I successfully got the trophy for him!

I only tried the PS4 version at the moment, the new save worked on that. I will start on the PS5 version soon.

I can't say that it's 100% that Midas will appear with the new save, but it worked for me, I didn't want to wait for the patch and I succeeded!

I hope others can get the trophy! And thanks for the guide!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, R4ID3N8579 said:

Hi All!
When the game was released I got the platinum trophy! Now with the DLC I continued this save and Midas only appeared once.

I tried the PS4 version and the PS5 version! Last night I deleted my save and started a new game. On the new save, Midas appeared all three times and I successfully got the trophy for him!

I only tried the PS4 version at the moment, the new save worked on that. I will start on the PS5 version soon.

I can't say that it's 100% that Midas will appear with the new save, but it worked for me, I didn't want to wait for the patch and I succeeded!

I hope others can get the trophy! And thanks for the guide!

I started the game on Ps5 physical release after the DLC and Midas only appeared once in Darkwood. Did you talk/start the quest with Axolotl in the Lighthouse ? Some people on reddit/steam claims that you need to find Axolotl in Anura for Midas to become available in the last 2 locations so maybe if you skip him the Midas quest go without need to find Axolotl in Anura ?? I did the quest with furnace in the lighthouse but the second quest never unlocked for me and talking to Axolotl ends with him telling me that the Fisherman is weird over and over but I got the skin for followers  so Idk what happens. Did they remove the second quest or my game was buggy ??? Maybe thats why some people are unlocking the trophy after deleting the save file and starting a new one. Most likely they are speedruning the game without need of doing side-quests. Hmm.. maybe I would try this by just starting a second save file or someone else can give us some insight how they unlocked the Midas trophy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

I started the game on Ps5 physical release after the DLC and Midas only appeared once in Darkwood. Did you talk/start the quest with Axolotl in the Lighthouse ? Some people on reddit/steam claims that you need to find Axolotl in Anura for Midas to become available in the last 2 locations so maybe if you skip him the Midas quest go without need to find Axolotl in Anura ?? I did the quest with furnace in the lighthouse but the second quest never unlocked for me and talking to Axolotl ends with him telling me that the Fisherman is weird over and over but I got the skin for followers  so Idk what happens. Did they remove the second quest or my game was buggy ??? Maybe thats why some people are unlocking the trophy after deleting the save file and starting a new one. Most likely they are speedruning the game without need of doing side-quests. Hmm.. maybe I would try this by just starting a second save file or someone else can give us some insight how they unlocked the Midas trophy.

I did not talk to Axolot either in my previous or my current save. When the game asks you to visit Midas's cave, I went there, gave him 10 gold nuggets and sacrificed four of my followers. Then I killed the four bishops and the final boss. Then when you go back into the darkwood Midas will be there and take your gold. Then you go to Anchordeep the second time you will meet him there and finally in Silk. I did all that and he was there for me, in the last place I think I went three times before I found him, one of which was a death :)
The basic quests for Midas are enough to do I think, there is no separate quest for the DLC, at least I didn't notice! That's all I did now during the second playthrough when I only went for the Midas trophy:
Gave him 350 gold in the well.
Gave him 10 gold nuggets.
Sacrificed four of my followers.
I may not need these either, but I thought it was safe and it worked for me, I'm doing the PS5 version now, if I get it right here I'll let you know!
If I can help in any way, feel free to write!

• Like 1

Gonna follow this topic as I am going to start this game after I finish Deliver Us Mars.  Want to know how much more difficult the plat is with this free DLC.  Been wanting to play the game, though, so looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Timmah200 said:

Gonna follow this topic as I am going to start this game after I finish Deliver Us Mars.  Want to know how much more difficult the plat is with this free DLC.  Been wanting to play the game, though, so looking forward to it!

It depends on which difficulty setting you are going to play. If you choose easy its slightly harder than base game because some bosses tend to spam range attacks and the purgatory last level could be a pain if you get bad relics. If you choose hard this could be a big change because the vanila experience is pretty easy I died like maybe 3 or 4 times but dlc uff.. some mini bosses in my opinion are harder than Bishops and purgatory was a good challenge for someone like me who spend too much time in rouge-like games. Ofc the game is RNG heavy so you can pray for a good relic or weapon and steamroll the game with no problem.  For example Beak of the Fowler or Kallamar's Ear are broken and you can beat Crusades with no skill at all just watch your minions do all the work or spam some curses. 

The base game got a score of 3/10 so I would say with the dlc it's like 4/10. 

12 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

It depends on which difficulty setting you are going to play. If you choose easy its slightly harder than base game because some bosses tend to spam range attacks and the purgatory last level could be a pain if you get bad relics. If you choose hard this could be a big change because the vanila experience is pretty easy I died like maybe 3 or 4 times but dlc uff.. some mini bosses in my opinion are harder than Bishops and purgatory was a good challenge for someone like me who spend too much time in rouge-like games. Ofc the game is RNG heavy so you can pray for a good relic or weapon and steamroll the game with no problem.  For example Beak of the Fowler or Kallamar's Ear are broken and you can beat Crusades with no skill at all just watch your minions do all the work or spam some curses. 

The base game got a score of 3/10 so I would say with the dlc it's like 4/10. 

4/10 isn't too bad.

Are you saying if I put the game on easy, it'll be slightly harder?  And if I put it on hard, it'll be slightly easier?  Weird.

Is the Midas "glitch" a real thing or will it work out because I'm starting a fresh play through?

16 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

4/10 isn't too bad.

Are you saying if I put the game on easy, it'll be slightly harder?  And if I put it on hard, it'll be slightly easier?  Weird.

Is the Midas "glitch" a real thing or will it work out because I'm starting a fresh play through?

The hard difficulty don't make the DLC easier I think I wrote something wrong. If you don't care about difficulty just start the game on easy there is no difficulty specific trophy so you are free to enjoy the game without the need to min-maxing everything. 

Yes the Midas trophy is glitched at the moment. I started a fresh run and still got only 1 Midas encounter. Maybe you will be the lucky one if not just wait for a patch, they fixed the steam version and ps5 patch is close in horizon. 

• Like 1

I had absolutely zero problem with this.

I had already plat the game going into this dlc, so I had already interacted with Midas, giving him the gold and sacrificing the followers to him prior.

I found him in the first battle room in both Darkwood and Anchordeep and I didn't speak to the Axolotl in Anura in between. I then found Midas for a final time in Silk Cradle on my third run, in the final battle room prior to the boss. Give him a whack, trophy popped.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 2

On 08/05/2023 at 11:51 AM, ScintillaWolf said:

I had absolutely zero problem with this.

I had already plat the game going into this dlc, so I had already interacted with Midas, giving him the gold and sacrificing the followers to him prior.

I found him in the first battle room in both Darkwood and Anchordeep and I didn't speak to the Axolotl in Anura in between. I then found Midas for a final time in Silk Cradle on my third run, in the final battle room prior to the boss. Give him a whack, trophy popped.

You got lucky. 

The vast majority of people it's glitched for. 

I've done about 20 runs of anchordeep.

• Like 2

I have a potential theory for what may be causing ‘Shake Down’ to glitch for people. I’ve been using the new Berserker fleece which means if you get hit once you die. Every death I have been hard restarting (effectively resetting the encounters). In Anura every run I was consistently getting the encounter with the mushroom guys. I’m talking 15/20 runs (yeah I’m really struggling with this fleece on extra hard) and they appeared every single time. After so many deaths I got frustrated of no progress and decided to try the new purgatory mode.

When returning to Anura after doing one purgatory run I never saw the mushroom guys again. I failed with the fleece a lot before I finally beat Anura. I’m now in Anchordeep and I’m 3 bosses deep and no sign of Midas. It is just a working theory but I’m wondering if entering purgatory before refinishing all four biomes is what causes it to glitch out. The fact that there are some achievers makes me wonder if those people didn’t start purgatory until they had finished with the four bishops. Be interesting to hear what people think. 

15 hours ago, CraigyCX said:

I have a potential theory for what may be causing ‘Shake Down’ to glitch for people. I’ve been using the new Berserker fleece which means if you get hit once you die. Every death I have been hard restarting (effectively resetting the encounters). In Anura every run I was consistently getting the encounter with the mushroom guys. I’m talking 15/20 runs (yeah I’m really struggling with this fleece on extra hard) and they appeared every single time. After so many deaths I got frustrated of no progress and decided to try the new purgatory mode.

When returning to Anura after doing one purgatory run I never saw the mushroom guys again. I failed with the fleece a lot before I finally beat Anura. I’m now in Anchordeep and I’m 3 bosses deep and no sign of Midas. It is just a working theory but I’m wondering if entering purgatory before refinishing all four biomes is what causes it to glitch out. The fact that there are some achievers makes me wonder if those people didn’t start purgatory until they had finished with the four bishops. Be interesting to hear what people think. 

It's possible. 

I just wish they'd hurry up with the patch. 

• Like 1

Patch 1.2.4 is out on Playstation/Xbox and the Midas trophy is fixed. 

You don't need to find Axolotl just go to Anchordeep and hit as many rooms with sword as you can. He always appeared before a boss in a random room at least in my case, so maybe it's a unmissable trophy. After that go to Silk cradle and find him. This time he will not dissapear thus making the trophy obtainable for people who got this nasty glitch before patch. 

It was 100% bugged before the patch because at my first Anchordeep crusade I got like 4 new events with Fisherman, Plimbo, Aym and Baal plus a new scene with the bishops (makes no sense becasue I recruited them before I got the statues of them throwing enemies at me).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demek97 said:

Patch 1.2.4 is out on Playstation/Xbox and the Midas trophy is fixed. 

You don't need to find Axolotl just go to Anchordeep and hit as many rooms with sword as you can. He always appeared before a boss in a random room at least in my case, so maybe it's a unmissable trophy. After that go to Silk cradle and find him. This time he will not dissapear thus making the trophy obtainable for people who got this nasty glitch before patch. 

It was 100% bugged before the patch because at my first Anchordeep crusade I got like 4 new events with Fisherman, Plimbo, Aym and Baal plus a new scene with the bishops (makes no sense becasue I recruited them before I got the statues of them throwing enemies at me).

The trophy looks to be unmissable now. I ran right through to the end of both Anchordeep and Silk Cradle (taking map routes with no Sword icons) and he appeared at the end of both.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Derqaboo said:

The trophy looks to be unmissable now. I ran right through to the end of both Anchordeep and Silk Cradle (taking map routes with no Sword icons) and he appeared at the end of both.

Pretty funny how a Ultra-rare trophy was intended to be a unmisasable trophy. I'm glad they at least fixed the trophy and more because we all know how some games don't give a single *** about trophies. 

Does anyone know where they got the Transmogricon relic? It’s the last thing I need for 100% and every guide online either says you’ll get it naturally or that you get it from breaking things in the cat’s shop, both of which don’t work for me.

Edit: I finally got it while breaking some stuff in the cat shop in Darkwood. Not sure if it specifically has to be the Darkwood cat shop or what, but it finally dropped there for me.

Edited by NathanielJohn

4 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

I sacrificed one of my followers who was wearing the light necklace to unlock one of the doors by accident. Any way to get the necklace back? 

Are they available for resurrection in the temple? If not, I think you're screwed.

14 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

I sacrificed one of my followers who was wearing the light necklace to unlock one of the doors by accident. Any way to get the necklace back? 

If you can't ressurect the body try to use some God Tears on the wheel maybe you can get it again after losing it forever. I don't know. I looked online on reddit and steam but there was no straight answer so you could be locked from obtaining the trophy and had to start a fresh save file. If the necklace don't show up as a reward on the wheel the trophy could be missable. If you can check it and tell us if the necklace is lost forever or not I will put a missable disclaimer on the trophy.

7 hours ago, Demek97 said:

If you can't ressurect the body try to use some God Tears on the wheel maybe you can get it again after losing it forever. I don't know. I looked online on reddit and steam but there was no straight answer so you could be locked from obtaining the trophy and had to start a fresh save file. If the necklace don't show up as a reward on the wheel the trophy could be missable. If you can check it and tell us if the necklace is lost forever or not I will put a missable disclaimer on the trophy.

Can confirm I was able to obtain another of the necklace’s from ??? So doesn’t appear to be missable!

• Like 1