Games you're excited for or want to see made

jackattack1398

What games are you excited for that are coming out for the Vita?

Personally, I can't wait for Uncharted: Golden Abyss and LittleBigPlanet. Uncharted is my favorite game franchise (although I have my doubts about it's future) and LittleBigPlanet was my favorite game on the PSP. LBP looks phenomenal on this system, as it's basically the same LBP you can get on your PS3, but portable! Golden Abyss looks like a fun prologue to the series that will capture the core gameplay of the other games.

What game do you want to see made for the Vita?

I would love to see an inFamous game come to the Vita. Not sure how they would work the whole story into it, but as a fan of the original inFamous, I'd love to see it go portable.

Like you, I'm looking forward to Uncharted and LBP for the Vita, as well as WipeOut.

I also hope they make a Gran Turismo for the Vita. I am a huge fan of the PSP Gran Turismo, but if they do make one for the Vita I think it should be a more traditional GT game, with a career mode and an actual dealership. Hopefullt it won't take as long to come out as the PSP GT.

Parker

Yes, we know about Skyrim, who doesn't? :P But Skyrim isn't coming out for the Vita, now is it? :rolleyes:

That'll teach me for only reading the thread title and trying to be sarcastic when tired.

If Skyrim was a Vita launch title, I think it would make it the fastest selling handheld to date, as well as setting the bar extremely high for developers.

Whatever happens, I'm going to be watching the lead up to the launch very closely. First time I've ever been excited for a handheld console.

I also agree with Shmenon-Pie, a good Jak & Daxter game would be awesome, maybe a new Sly Cooper game too.

some good first-party shooters (oh wait, the PS3 has none).

Resistance 1, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Socom: Confrontation, Warhawk, and MAG say "hello" ...*

Assuming when you said "First-Party" you actually meant first-party Sony studios, and it wasn't a typo for "first-person".

Resistance 1, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Socom: Confrontation, Warhawk, and MAG say "hello" ...*

Assuming when you said "First-Party" you actually meant first-party Sony studios, and it wasn't a typo for "first-person".

Agreed, the PS3 has plenty of awesome FPS games and so will the Vita in a year or two.

Well what's great about the Vita is that it has two analog sticks, allowing for much better controls in FPS (unlike with the PSP). I'm sure we'll see some decent FPS on the platform, and maybe even some innovative ones since the Vita incorporates a touch screen and pad.

"Use the left analog stick to move your character, the right analog stick to move the camera, and touch the screen to shoot!"

Nah, I don't like how that sounds lol.

"Use the left analog stick to move your character, the right analog stick to move the camera, and touch the screen to shoot!"

Nah, I don't like how that sounds lol.

Umm... Don't you use the left analog stick to move your character, and the right analog stick to move the camera in just about every video game? :P The touch screen will just add innovation, and I doubt that you will be forced to use it in order to shoot.

Umm... Don't you use the left analog stick to move your character, and the right analog stick to move the camera in just about every video game? :P The touch screen will just add innovation, and I doubt that you will be forced to use it in order to shoot.

Yes they are used for that, which will be used to make people feel comfortable. But my problem comes with the latter thing I typed, which might become mandatory for some shooters. One never knows, though. I, for one, will avoid shooters. I didn't really like MoH and Resistance for the PSP, and not only for the controls.

It wasn't a typo for first person. And I'm not a fan of the Resistance series or SOCOM and I think Halo and Gears of War are better than Killzone. Warhawk was overrated and the controls were awful and MAG looked and played like a PS2 game in the beta.

It wasn't a typo for first person. And I'm not a fan of the Resistance series or SOCOM and I think Halo and Gears of War are better than Killzone. Warhawk was overrated and the controls were awful and MAG looked and played like a PS2 game in the beta.

I'm not even going to reply to the first parts, as I respect you're entitled to an opinion - but as for the comments on MAG, the beta was awful. It really was. I bought the full game though, and it really was a lot of fun. Infinitely better than the beta, for sure. It's worth a try.

• Like 1

I'm not even going to reply to the first parts, as I respect you're entitled to an opinion - but as for the comments on MAG, the beta was awful. It really was. I bought the full game though, and it really was a lot of fun. Infinitely better than the beta, for sure. It's worth a try.

I think he actually meant that the finished product of MAG played and looked (according to him) like a PS2 game beta, not that the game's beta sucked.

I can't see any developers forcing you to use the touchscreen to shoot when they've got the shoulder buttons, not even the shittiest developers.

I agree. I can see developers giving you the option to use the touchscreen to shoot, but I don't foresee anyone forcing it's use. If I'm wrong however, and someone does force touchscreen shooting, I expect it to also be the last developer to do so. The backlash would be huge and I'm sure the games sales would suffer due to that mistake.

Parker