PlayStation Thanks Devs & Fans

Chambers35

This is really a nice thing that Sony did. Even though I recently built a PC, I might buy a PS4 just to support Sony even though the PS4 is expensive in India ^_^

Wow...

Get it because you want to play the games on it.  I think Sony could probably live without that one, extra sale.  ;)

• Like 2

Sony Playstation got off real easy after the PSN outage fiasco, if you leave out the PS3-PS4 ports there are hardly any PS4 games available at the moment. If you want to play online you have to subscribe to Plus and despite all that, Sony can't keep up with the demand for PS4, I find this very surprising!

Edited by Goekie
  • Like 1

This is really a nice thing that Sony did. Even though I recently built a PC, I might buy a PS4 just to support Sony even though the PS4 is expensive in India ^_^

Thankfully I'm pretty sure you're joking, otherwise that would be a really stupid reason lol. Sadly, I'm sure it's been done.

Corporate bullshit to make you feel loved yay! team playstation yay! ehh go away.

lol yeah. Makes me want to say these aren't the droids you're looking for.

100,000,000 shares captured? And just how many of those were by accident from being used to the PS3 controller, 50,000,000? lol.

Edit: Just a note since I'm sure someone is going to think I'm an Xbox fanboy because I don't blindly get all gaga over a Sony video, I have both and I've actually been using my Sony systems about 80-90% of the time. I just don't get all suckered by "clever" marketing ploys.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Some of the responses here are exactly why gamers are seen in a negative light. Sony makes a video to thank fans and developers for their support (regardless if it is simply marketing or not) and people still bitch. 

I've been gaming with PlayStation since the original PlayStation was released so I've had quite some time to get used to the PlayStation controller (even before there was a DualShock) and I've never accidentally hit the share button on the DS4. I think it is quite a nice addition to the console and I'm glad we have it. 

Parker

• Like 2

Some of the responses here are exactly why gamers are seen in a negative light. Sony makes a video to thank fans and developers for their support (regardless if it is simply marketing or not) and people still bitch. 

I've been gaming with PlayStation since the original PlayStation was released so I've had quite some time to get used to the PlayStation controller (even before there was a DualShock) and I've never accidentally hit the share button on the DS4. I think it is quite a nice addition to the console and I'm glad we have it. 

Parker

It was a joke, hence the "lol". Sorry if some people apparently didn't get that. Remember, just because you haven't accidentally hit it does not automatically mean everyone else is that way.

Anyways. I've seen a lot of people say they've hit it accidentally and I've done it a couple times myself shortly after I got my PS4, mostly because I used one of my PS4 controllers on my PS3 a lot to help get used to it due to the differences. I also have used Playstation controllers since the first one and it does take a bit of adjusting compared to the previous roughly 20 years that the controllers have pretty much been the same in regards to button placement, with the exception of course of the analog sticks being added about 2 years after original release when they changed to the dual shock controller.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Parker

Most gamers are seen in a negative light because they bitch over dumb shit, like first party exclusives and consoles lol I just don't believe sony are thankful lol, it's all corporate bs man. Sony Playstation are there to provide a service and make money, this time they provided a good service and they made money, everyone's happy.. aside from the xb fanboys; no need to get all mushy about it, they want consumers to fall for it. Mr sheldon cooper up there was considering buying a PS4 just thanks to this video, they want you to feel like part of a family/team whatever to hook you in, they're thankful for the money is all, if the ps4 was post XB1 numbers; this video wouldn't exist. They wouldn't be saying thank you for 8 million shares ect ect.

Most gamers are seen in a negative light because they bitch over dumb shit, like first party exclusives and consoles lol I just don't believe sony are thankful lol, it's all corporate bs man. Sony Playstation are there to provide a service and make money, this time they provided a good service and they made money, everyone's happy.. aside from the xb fanboys; no need to get all mushy about it, they want consumers to fall for it. Mr sheldon cooper up there was considering buying a PS4 just thanks to this video, they want you to feel like part of a family/team whatever to hook you in, they're thankful for the money is all, if the ps4 was post XB1 numbers; this video wouldn't exist. They wouldn't be saying thank you for 8 million shares ect ect.

I personally see bitching about this video as bitching "over dumb shit."

You don't believe Sony are thankful that people enjoy their product? People enjoying their product is what earns them money so I'd say they're pretty thankful PlayStation has so many PS4 fans this early in the generation. 

From what I've seen it also seems like a lot of people in the PlayStation division are actually genuinely passionate about video games and the video game industry. Sony seems to give their developers a lot more freedom than Microsoft (and even Nintendo) which is why we have so many great exclusives from something like The Last of Us to something like Flower or Journey. 

Parker

I personally see bitching about this video as bitching "over dumb shit."

You don't believe Sony are thankful that people enjoy their product? People enjoying their product is what earns them money so I'd say they're pretty thankful PlayStation has so many PS4 fans this early in the generation. 

From what I've seen it also seems like a lot of people in the PlayStation division are actually genuinely passionate about video games and the video game industry. Sony seems to give their developers a lot more freedom than Microsoft (and even Nintendo) which is why we have so many great exclusives from something like The Last of Us to something like Flower or Journey. 

Parker

Your opinion bro, I just can't help but feel that this is somewhat disingenuous a little, I'm not bitching about it, just saying it's all a little pretend, if walmart made this video the same way but about them would you find it sincere and believable? 

Your opinion bro, I just can't help but feel that this is somewhat disingenuous a little, I'm not bitching about it, just saying it's all a little pretend, if walmart made this video the same way but about them would you find it sincere and believable? 

Do you honestly think Walmart and the PlayStation division of Sony have acted in the same manner towards their community and customers over the past few years? 

I think a more apt analogy would be Sony and SRT. SRT just came out with the new Viper and Ralp Gilles, who is the CEO of the SRT brand, has been taking the car on the track with reviewers and generally being very active with the motorsport community, much like Sony has been active with the community since the PS4 was announced and even before that as well. So if Ralph Gilles and SRT decided to make a video like that thanking fans of the Viper and I'd find it sincere and believable as well. 

Parker