Elite Racer

samy002

17 minutes ago, jarjarvinc said:

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to be promoted elite on the last week of a season ?

I'm currently gold 1. So plan is gold 3 next Monday and elite next week. But as you (may) know. It remains only 2 weeks until end of season

From what I've read on this forum, yes you can they fixed that. But I dont recommend going to Gold 3 since the lobbies are so dead I could find barely any games

On 11/27/2023 at 1:05 PM, N1ELS96- said:

From what I've read on this forum, yes you can they fixed that. But I dont recommend going to Gold 3 since the lobbies are so dead I could find barely any games

Thanks for your answer. 

Actually I think it's hard to find G3 lobbies at the beginning of the season. But at the end it's way easier. 

Anyway thanks for the tips

Hope I'll be done with this trophy in two weeks. Sick of these wreckfest players. 

Anecdote number 1 : I was in a race with a guy (who was in the same weakly group as I was). We were both battleling for double promotion on a Sunday session. 

After a lap 1 pit (new front wing for me) i started grinding from p18 to the top. Until now it's only classic shit. Once p4 I'm catching this guy like 2s a lap.  He definitely has no pace at all. 

First drs zone after Senna's S. He pulled a "classic move" in this game. End of story I only have 3 wheels left and he finished p3. For me it's a DNF with 6 ranked points. 

Level of unfairness : 100

Edited by Stevieboy
name and shame

On 11/27/2023 at 10:13 PM, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Got promoted to Gold 3. Would it be better to start tomorrow or last 3 days before season ends ? I have heard mixed reactions on how you are placed. 

Last time i started on thursday, people already had over 1000 points..  -_-

If you have a week with some free time, start as soon as you can.. thats what i did this week in gold 2 and i think i will be elite (currently in 2nd place with 2300pts, 3 places for elite, and 4th place has 1300 pts)

• Like 1

How does points scoring work on Gold 3 ? 

Yesterday I won 2 races with all clean laps and 15+ players but got.... 16 points... lol 

Other race was 18 players, clean laps as well and got 0 😱 

Is it really rank dependent who you play with ? Pretty sure there were few golds 3 and lots of gold 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Yesterday I won 2 races with all clean laps and 15+ players but got.... 16 points... lol 

Is it really rank dependent who you play with ? Pretty sure there were few golds 3 and lots of gold 1 and 2. 

what position did you finish in. finish to close the the back and you start losing points

On 11/14/2023 at 5:16 AM, Waters_44 said:

Do you think in a few years time when the servers are dead this trophy will be achievable with a dummy account? A bit like what you could do with 2019? Or is that completely out of the realm of possibility?

Outside of F1 2015, which I'm about to circle back and finish, I platinumed F1 2016-2022 (9 total) but 2019 took me using 4 dummy accounts in order to compete what was then the most broken online experience of the F1 games.  Until this one.

Nothing will make this better.  It is a crap, broken design that time will make impossible to do, based on the number of players needed for an single Elite spot to open, let alone more than one.  Not to mention the rammers, brake checkers and griefers who don't get banned/punished, you as the innocent player do instead.  In F1 22 at Brazil, I had someone cut Turn 6 when I was in the lead, through the grass and flat out spear me midsection at full speed.

And EA can't understand why this game "underperformed".  

If this is the best EA can do it is time to sell the licensing rights and give someone else a shot.  Anything is better than this.

• Like 3

Can anybody help me understand how custom setups work in ranked multiplayer?

According to various Reddit threads you need safety rank A to unlock custom setups. And it seems you are locked to the default setup when racing with B or lower.

However something is very off in the Monza races this week. I am losing massively (2-5 tenths) per straight against pretty much most players, I couldn't even match the speed of some guys with DRS + ERS. At first i was sure these guys just run custom setups, however when I checked their license in the lobby, they were B, C or D.

I cannot imagine these guys to be hackers, to there's gotta be something I'm not seeing here?

Has anybody had similar experience?

Also I find it ridiculous in general that you have to grind the safety license to use custom setups. Especially considering it takes quite some time to reach A even with 100% clean races. Pretty much spoils the first 10 hours of multiplayer.

Edited by Ghost-TeamX

17 minutes ago, Precision-Playyy said:

Can anyone tell me how far into the season it is at the moment, was gna download the game again at the start of the season but couldn't remember when it was. 

New season starts tomorrow. Today is the last day to get into Elite for the people in G2/G3 

On 12/8/2023 at 4:01 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Can anybody help me understand how custom setups work in ranked multiplayer?

According to various Reddit threads you need safety rank A to unlock custom setups. And it seems you are locked to the default setup when racing with B or lower.

However something is very off in the Monza races this week. I am losing massively (2-5 tenths) per straight against pretty much most players, I couldn't even match the speed of some guys with DRS + ERS. At first i was sure these guys just run custom setups, however when I checked their license in the lobby, they were B, C or D.

I cannot imagine these guys to be hackers, to there's gotta be something I'm not seeing here?

Has anybody had similar experience?

Also I find it ridiculous in general that you have to grind the safety license to use custom setups. Especially considering it takes quite some time to reach A even with 100% clean races. Pretty much spoils the first 10 hours of multiplayer.

I've not had this experience seems a little bit weird... although I played with full assists on until Gold 3 and no setups... then I figured out you could use setups.

You need to go to Time Trail copy anyone's setup from the leader board or edit to your own liking and make sure to save your setups and then go into ranked, and make sure you choose your setup from the One Shot Qualifying, because if you don't choose it there you cannot load a setup, other then that I would have no clue I never knew about this..

On 12/3/2023 at 2:07 AM, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Did this issue continue to persist or was the point scoring back to normal?

I mean at least it should be the same for all players in a gold 3 group, so everybody gets reduced points... but annoying nonetheless especially as the lobby luck will play an even greater role.

How many people get an elite uprank in gold 3? Is it also just top 3 with around 60 people or top 10?

8 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Scoring is based on: clean laps, getting from the middle to the front of the grid. Overtaking and level of opponents also help with scoring. I went up to the elite with my account and helped two friends get up. Avoid fighting for position, choose a good setup for each track, survive the first lap and good luck.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:41 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Did this issue continue to persist or was the point scoring back to normal?

I mean at least it should be the same for all players in a gold 3 group, so everybody gets reduced points... but annoying nonetheless especially as the lobby luck will play an even greater role.

How many people get an elite uprank in gold 3? Is it also just top 3 with around 60 people or top 10?

I was in Gold 3 for multiple weeks and I never got below 90 points when winning a race, even Top 5 Finishes gave me a solid 70-75 points each time, I think its incredibly rare seeing someone get only 16 points for winning a race unless youve been getting alot of warnings during the races. 

Gold 3 (FULL LOBBY) 7 Elite Spots
Gold 2 (FULL LOBBY) 3 Elite Spots

I got 3K points on the last week, which got me 3rd place and 7th place had a solid 2.1-2.2K points. So I'd say if you get over 2.5K Points you're almost guarenteed a spot in Elite in a Full Gold 3 Lobby. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 1:44 PM, jarjarvinc said:

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to be promoted elite on the last week of a season ?

I'm currently gold 1. So plan is gold 3 next Monday and elite next week. But as you (may) know. It remains only 2 weeks until end of season

I think devs stated they fixed the issue where the trophy is unobtainable at the last week of the season.

Its worth a try.

Hi everyone,

Is anybody else in gold 2 currently and if so how is your group looking? I started on Monday and I'm 1st atm. When i joined there were only 7 people in the group and it's now up to 10 so no elite spots and I'm starting to worry..

Edit: 2 more people ended up joining on Sunday opening up an Elite spot. Finished first with 3155 points.

Edited by nikolairaptor
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Holy sh*t, I finally made it! 

I never expected this platinum to be so challenging. I platinumed Assetto Corsa, GT Sport,  have 100% in Dirty Rally 2.0 and I'm driving a Fanatec CSL wheel, so I'd consider myself a decent sim racer. At first I thought that this platinum would be massively overrated in terms of difficulty, because in the end this is a trophy hunter forum with most people not being that hardcore into sim racing, but oh boy, how wrong I was 😄

The pressure is simply enormous and takes all the fun out of it. You have to play at least 15-30 hours a week to have any chance at all. And then you're mainly up against people with 300-1500 hours of playtime on their PSN profile who score my points in half the time.
I'm honestly not slow (105 AI out of 110), but you don't stand a chance against some of these people. And at the end of the week, you don't know if you've driven everything for nothing. And when the season ends, you lose your rank and have to start all over again, so you still have a deadline. And there are fewer players every week => fewer promotion ranks => even harder to get to Elite, which means if you don't make it until the end of the season, you will end up with no platinum.

The crashes are also a massive problem in this game, especially when you're so massively under pressure to get points. In every race you have to pray to survive the first lap. I had thousands of points stolen across this journey, which is ridiculous

The journey: It all started out nice and easy in Silver where I got my first race wins very early and got a double promotion with merely 350 points. However it was the end of the season, so I was back in Silver 1 the next week.

Things were similarly smooth, I only played a few hours on the weekend and had some nice podiums in Portugal (what a great track btw 😏). 700 points got me another double promotion. 

But then - in Gold 1 - everything changed. I was suddenly not getting constant podiums and the points came in a lot slower. In that week, accidents also became a lot more frequent, which confused me, because in theory the higher division should have better drivers and thus cleaner races... haha not in this game. 

By far the biggest difference to the Silver division was the amount of points within the group. People are playing A LOT more from Gold 1 on and for the first time I started to notice the pressure. I don't have infinite time during the week (around 3-4 hours max in the evening), but I simply couldn't keep up with others seemingly playing way more. I had some plans for the weekend already and had to give up the week on Friday with 800 points, staying in my rank. 

15 hours played... no reward... great feeling! But oh boy, I had no idea what a crazy nightmare would await me in the next Gold levels. 

At this point, I played 4 weeks and it started to drag.

Next was the last week of the year 2023 with upranks on 1.1.2024. The tracks were Austin and Brazil (skipped Canada due to the many accidents in the wall of champions). Played around 20h that week with mostly top 7 finishes, but missed the double uprank, because people were playing massively even through new years eve. That is the kind of no-life competition you're up against here. Snatching your upranks while you and every other normal human being is celebrating with friends and family.

Up to Gold 2. For the first time, I tried the "weekend-only" strategy. Entered on friday and got into a group with only 8 people initially. That is both an advantage and a disadvantage. There was no double uprank spot until sunday and overall, only 3 people got upranked at all, but on the other hand, the competition was not too wild that week. I got on well with Qatar and was on my way to get the only Elite spot. Played 12 hours on Saturday until late at night, because I could already smell the elite rank.

Plottwist:  Woke up on sunday and some crazy Spaniard got 1700 points over night and completely destroyed the whole group. This week really broke me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue week after week always with that pressure of the whole effort being for nothing.

At least I was in Gold 3 now and it turned out this is where the real fun started. Joined on Thursday evening just to see 5 people with 1500 points already. I did a few races on Sunday to stay in rank, but did not even try to got for an uprank. Besides all the guys sitting on the elite spots had well over 500h playtime on their profile and I knew them from previous races basically winning everything. For all you guys out there, who are through this nightmare too, you know the names: "Luca_snake", "gian_9_3", "F1HL_Prosin". Absolutely pointless competing against people who play the F1 games non-stop since 2019, being just a second away from the world records in qualifying on some tracks.

Next week my plan was to go all-in, playing the whole week and finally getting it over with. Started monday evening after work and the group leader had already 500 points. Great, so you're not only competing against hardcore cracks with hundreds of hours of experience, they're also seemingly unemployed and play all day long. Monaco was in the track selection which is one of my best tracks. Stacked decent points during the week, but eventually had to give up on friday when the top 7 were already approaching the 2000s. Absolute insanity that is!

My only hope of getting this platinum after putting in well over 100 hours was to get weaker groups in the last two weeks. 

Now to the 9th and final week of this journey. Started on monday again, playing exclusively Zandvoort and Hungary, which played into my hands a lot because I like the technical tracks. Luckily for me, I was really flying this week and managed to get 700 points on both monday and tuesday, which gave a massive headstart. It seemed at this point that the group would also be a bit less active than the week before. 

At this point, I dedicated ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to get the Elite spot. No time for sport, TV, girlfriend, any other hobby. I played 7 hours a day during the week  like a freaking maniac, on the weekend I scaled up to 12 hours a day because that's what it takes to get into Elite from Gold 3. Race after race, non stop. I had hundreds of points stolen by people crashing into me, often resulting in rage bursts, but I had to keep on going. On Sunday I finished the week with 3500 points with second sitting at 2400. 

**TL;DR**

* This platinum is absolute pure insanity and requires playing 20-50h per week for several week (at the current state of the game)

* Every week you have to carry the risk of not making the uprank, meaning all your effort was wasted -> massive pressure in every race -> zero fun

* Even in higher divisions, many players are dirty as hell and you can expect around 30-40% of your races to be negative impacted in some way at least. In worst case, it's a DNF and you will get point reductions. There's even a bug in this game where the game calculated your new points based on a reduced number. I once had this bug in a DNF race and got -45 points from a 50 points reduced base, so -95 overall. Nice!

* You will almost exclusively race against people with 300-1500h playtime from Gold 2 on. 

* I race against 100-105 AI and my average place is between 4th and 6th, just to demonstrate the insane pace you need for this league

* Assetto Corsa and Dirty Rally 2.0 and GT Sport are waaay easier than this platinum, both in terms of skill requirement and psychological pressure (8 weeks deadline + no progress outside top 7 of weekly groups)

* The only reason this game is above 1% rarity is because it has merely 6000 game owners on PSNP and not many trophy hunters play these simulations. Don't be fooled by the rarity, this platinum is nuts!

@CosmoWolf_ I see you wrote the guide for this game. This is not a critique at all, but I strongly suggest adapting the trophy guide difficulty rating and time requirement, because at this state of the game, it's just not representative anymore. For me this is at least a 9/10 (I'd even put it as 10/10) and I'm on 105 AI pace, which I assume the average trophy hunter will not be. Especially in comparison to other racing games like GT Sport which is listed as 9/10, this is just misleading. Also I think 75 hours is too optimistic by quite a margin (I believe this was different when you platted the game, so don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest your numbers are 'incorrect' 🙂). I talked to some other people here on the forum who got the plat and all were beyond 120h. I'm at 150 right now.

Congratulations on your platinum, and thank you for sharing your journey, so from what I can read this platinum is now a even bigger challenge then before, which makes me happy I pulled through and got it myself.. and I agree about the guide definitely 9 at a minimum, it took myself 190hours, now anybody else going for this platinum strap yourselves in for one of the worst nightmare runs off all time, especially with the new F1 season coming up, it'll die real quick. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

@CosmoWolf_ I see you wrote the guide for this game. This is not a critique at all, but I strongly suggest adapting the trophy guide difficulty rating and time requirement, because at this state of the game, it's just not representative anymore. For me this is at least a 9/10 (I'd even put it as 10/10) and I'm on 105 AI pace, which I assume the average trophy hunter will not be. Especially in comparison to other racing games like GT Sport which is listed as 9/10, this is just misleading. Also I think 75 hours is too optimistic by quite a margin (I believe this was different when you platted the game, so don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest your numbers are 'incorrect' 🙂). I talked to some other people here on the forum who got the plat and all were beyond 120h. I'm at 150 right now.

This is a tricky topic. I understand the difficulty and hours to beat will be increasing as the player base dwindles, so I can consider upping the hours. I haven't played this garbage game since I platinummed it, so dread to think what the state of the online is like. Am I right in assuming there's barely anyone playing, and the only ones still there are all extremely dirty?

9/10 or 10/10 seems a bit of an over exaggeration for me though. I'll try and keep more in the loop with how people are doing but no way it's that difficult surely.

10 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

This is a tricky topic. I understand the difficulty and hours to beat will be increasing as the player base dwindles, so I can consider upping the hours. I haven't played this garbage game since I platinummed it, so dread to think what the state of the online is like. Am I right in assuming there's barely anyone playing, and the only ones still there are all extremely dirty?

9/10 or 10/10 seems a bit of an over exaggeration for me though. I'll try and keep more in the loop with how people are doing but no way it's that difficult surely.

In the first 4 weeks of the season, Gold was really rather empty and I had to wait up to an hour to find a somewhat full lobby, but towards the end of the season more people got into Gold and it was ok. The problem is less about not finding people at all, but most of them being the hardcore players. As the game unavoidably dies out over time, the hardcore racers stay, but the semi-pros and noobs are gone. So the field is much more competitive on average than in the early days of the game. This is not even F1 specific, but the natural life cycle of every multiplayer game. 

May I ask, what is a 9/10 game for you, can you give an example? Because I platinumed dozens of 9s in the past 10 years and never had a game push me that hard to the brink. 

Of course, difficulty is always somewhat subjective and I'm open for constructive discussion here. The best benchmark for an objective comparison would be Gran Turismo Sport as that game also has challenging multiplayer trophies. It's rated 9/10 and let me tell you how much easier that game is. It does require race wins, but you never have to play at any higher level, in GT Sport you're competing against mostly casual drivers with weak pace, I even won 160 races out of 322. This game - from Gold 1 on - is a totally different league. 

Objectively, it is by far the hardest racing game platinum out there and if this is not at least a 9/10, then neither are Trackmania, Trials, GT Sport, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa ... the list goes on.

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
  • Like 2