Elite Racer

samy002

11 minutes ago, Gregvk49 said:

Is it easier to go from Gold 2 -> Elite than from Gold 3 -> Elite? Or is there no difference. 

From Gold 2 -> Elite:

- Pro: the drivers are overall slightly slower than Gold 3 and more prone to errors;

- Cons: there are only three slots available, so the grind for obtaining those positions is very fierce.

From Gold 3 -> Elite:

- Pro: the slots available for Elite can be up to seven, so the grind can be way less severe;

- Cons: the drivers are fast as hell and the chances of a good placement are very slim, meaning less points at the end of every session compared to the previous ranks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shary96 said:

From Gold 2 -> Elite:

- Pro: the drivers are overall slightly slower than Gold 3 and more prone to errors;

- Cons: there are only three slots available, so the grind for obtaining those positions is very fierce.

From Gold 3 -> Elite:

- Pro: the slots available for Elite can be up to seven, so the grind can be way less severe;

- Cons: the drivers are fast as hell and the chances of a good placement are very slim, meaning less points at the end of every session compared to the previous ranks.

Ah ok, appreciate that, tough decision! 

I let fate decide. I was on top for double Promotion yesterday at 20.00 and was not sure if I want to go G2-->Elite or, G3-->Elite. 

Today I only got promoted one division. I'll start the grind Wednesday evening.

• Like 1

My first attempt I tried from Gold 3-> Elite and I got absolutely battered and I gave up. Gold 2 is much better because you can join Gold 1 hosted lobbies. Gold 3 you cannot. As long as you have the time, Gold 2 is better. Gold 3 you are going up against mostly F1 lifers.

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xDarthxKratosx said:

The season is ending on monday, I'm most likely going to be in Gold 3. Does anyone know what division I will be relegated to?

Your being placed back into Silver 1 at the start of a new season

36 minutes ago, N1ELS96- said:

Your being placed back into Silver 1 at the start of a new season

So there is basically no point to push to Gold 3 right now? I'm in gold 1 at the moment, so if I just stay in Gold 1 I'll be demoted to silver 1 either way is what you're saying?

Edited by xDarthxKratosx

Far out this gamemode is beyond frustrating. Just had a race where I was running P6 in a 15 player lobby with just one track limit warning from the start of the race, bound to score some solid points on my quest to elite this week. On the second last lap myself and another driver were fighting, he turned into me and I spun, not a big deal, Ill fall to P7 and still get some points. I let the auto recovery recover me to the track, and while the red lights are still lighting up and I dont have control of the car, it crashes me into the pit wall and I DNF. I end up losing 11 points. Unbeleivable. I've never experienced the auto recovery crashing me out of the race before, anyone else? Regardless I am determined to get this done this week so I never have to play this ranked mode again. 

1 hour ago, xDarthxKratosx said:

So there is basically no point to push to Gold 3 right now? I'm in gold 1 at the moment, so if I just stay in Gold 1 I'll be demoted to silver 1 either way is what you're saying?

Also yes, just make sure you score enough points to "stay in gold 1" this week and youll be demoted to silver 1 at the start of next season. 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:23 PM, xDarthxKratosx said:

Yes. sorry for late reply

29 minutes ago, shary96 said:

I finally got the trophy, just in time before the start of the new season. What can I say, I am a trophy hunter from at least 13 years, and never in my life I had to do something so brutal, time consuming and unfair as this trophy right here. The amount of stress during this week of grind has gone all over the roof all things considered (bad races, bad drivers, low scoring etc..)... heck, I didn't even sleep tonight for the fear of being overtaken by someone in the standings at the last minute.

As someone who has played (and completed) every single F1 game by Codemasters, I can say without any doubt that F1 23 is BY FAR the hardest F1 game out there, F1 2010 is really a cakewalk in comparison and it's not even close.

Well done! What path did you take to reach elite?

1 hour ago, new_world80 said:

Well done! What path did you take to reach elite?

I used the strategy Gold 3 -> Elite, and I started late in the week. I got my first race on Friday and I got lucky enough to be in a empty room which eventually filled up with 11 people and 2 slots for Élite available. The rest was just pure and painful grind, in the end I got it with 1.5k points in total.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shary96 said:

I used the strategy Gold 3 -> Elite, and I started late in the week. I got my first race on Friday and I got lucky enough to be in a empty room which eventually filled up with 11 people and 2 slots for Élite available. The rest was just pure and painful grind, in the end I got it with 1.5k points in total.

Did you go through all the gold divisions? I started playing ranked a few days ago and I just got the trophy for reaching gold, but since the season ended I'm now back to silver. For this season I was thinking of going Silver 2 -> Gold 2 -> Elite. Is it easier if I skip Gold 1 and Gold 3?

5 minutes ago, new_world80 said:

Did you go through all the gold divisions? I started playing ranked a few days ago and I just got the trophy for reaching gold, but since the season ended I'm now back to silver. For this season I was thinking of going Silver 2 -> Gold 2 -> Elite. Is it easier if I skip Gold 1 and Gold 3?

It depends. I did the double promotion Gold I -> Gold III, but the lack of players is really apparent once you reach the higher divisions. The waiting from one race to another is unbearable at times because a 20-player lobby is pretty much impossible at this point in time , and those few times it happens it's imperative to maximize the result and finish the race with as many points as possible, which is way harder than it sounds considering the players in this division are very fast.

I think the best approach is going for Gold II and attempting the Élite promotion from there. In Gold II you can match up with Gold I and III players, whereas in Gold III you can only match with other Gold III players or Élite ones. In other words, it's way easier to grind on full lobbies in Gold II, but the cons of this approach is battling for just three Élite slots, and good luck with that.

• Like 1

Hey guys, currently in gold 1 (before the season ended so probably back in silver 1 now) and I am getting my ass kicked every single race now that I am in gold. My tactic beforehand was to find a lobby with 15+ drivers, then disqualify to start at the back. I would then race and finish as high as I could, leading to more points. However, now that I am in gold, this tactic simply no longer works! Hardly anyone seems to crash, and everyone seems to be finishing over a minute ahead of me and I am constantly finishing on minus points, near the back of the grid!! Any advice please? Thanks

22 minutes ago, shary96 said:

It depends. I did the double promotion Gold I -> Gold III, but the lack of players is really apparent once you reach the higher divisions. The waiting from one race to another is unbearable at times because a 20-player lobby is pretty much impossible at this point in time , and those few times it happens it's imperative to maximize the result and finish the race with as many points as possible, which is way harder than it sounds considering the players in this division are very fast.

I think the best approach is going for Gold II and attempting the Élite promotion from there. In Gold II you can match up with Gold I and III players, whereas in Gold III you can only match with other Gold III players or Élite ones. In other words, it's way easier to grind on full lobbies in Gold II, but the cons of this approach is battling for just three Élite slots, and good luck with that.

Congrats on getting it done! I also got it done this week! I personally did Gold 2 -> Elite and started Tuesday (Im in Australia so I think that would be Monday for most people). 

I can confirm that as a gold 2 player I was able to consistently get 20 player lobbies going using the timer reset method and if it was peak times then I often wouldnt even need to wait between races for 15+ player lobbies the first lobby I joined after a race would be full. 

If I ever joined a lobby hosted by a gold 3 player I would just leave and find another because they took significantly longer to populate, often wouldnt ever come close to 20 players and would also have elite level drivers in them. Compared to the gold 2 or even gold 1 hosted lobbies I was joining with mostly silver 2- gold 3 players its a lot easier.

I think Id definitely recommend doing gold 2 -> elite over gold 3.

5 minutes ago, smartypants1984 said:

Hey guys, currently in gold 1 (before the season ended so probably back in silver 1 now) and I am getting my ass kicked every single race now that I am in gold. My tactic beforehand was to find a lobby with 15+ drivers, then disqualify to start at the back. I would then race and finish as high as I could, leading to more points. However, now that I am in gold, this tactic simply no longer works! Hardly anyone seems to crash, and everyone seems to be finishing over a minute ahead of me and I am constantly finishing on minus points, near the back of the grid!! Any advice please? Thanks

If youre incredibly fast like some players Ive seen you can still do the retire and start at the back and score safe points strategy but personally Im not that fast. I tried to qualify as high up as I could, and would spend the first lap driving as safely as I could. Yes youre going to lose some front wings and get shunted into some walls, but thats just the reality of this mode. Just give people plenty of space into each corner on lap 1, and do your best to avoid people, then on lap 2 or 3 when things settle down lock in and do your best. That was what I did anyway.

Also this trophy was a nightmare, Im so glad to have it done.

Edited by crash_goose
  • Like 1

I reached gold 1 last season and I'm really not good enough to really compete with the gold 1-3 players, so my focus is to drive clean and to finish as high as I could but since I'm not as fast as the top 8-10 drivers in each race the position I finish really depends on how many crash. 

Each week I'm really trying to improve my lap time for the 3 tracks in time trial but I don't think I will be fast enough to compete with the top 8-10 drivers until the ranked mode will be almost abandoned. Im curious if all the ones who got the trophy are really good at the game and can reach the podium in most of the races plus drive clean or if there are also players like me who just need to do double the amount of races. 

Please feel free to give any tips. 

I'm another player who finally did this thing - I've "sacrificed" all last week for this damn trophy, and gladly I was successful. I did Gold 2 to Elite starting from Monday afternoon (evening in Europe), using the "DSQ qualifying" strategy to try to gather points (my best laps were about 3~4 seconds slower than the fastest ones, but I'm pretty consistent).

Another thing that must be told is you also need LUCK on group forming: I got Elite by doing 2,5k points, in a group that was playing only in their night-time (while I was there all day long...), being that some of them had not even played last Sunday (at the point I could relax on Sunday afternoon). But I was talking to another player who was doing the same (reaching Elite for the trophy) late Friday, and they were saying they had gathered 4k points, while the "first Gold 3 slot" had 2,5k that moment (at that moment, I was about 1,8k points...). So, despite the awesome racers, race wreckers, netcode inconsistencies, and all, you also need luck with the group you will enter...

About people who are not so awesome at this game (like me), there are some other tips:

- look for CLEAN RACES - they make a huge difference in scoring points (on races I go from 19th to 13th, I got 44 points for a clean race, and 27 points for "all but one" clean laps). This is important for every type of racer (either the "front row" ones or the "comeback" ones);

- avoid lobbies full of Gold 3/Elite racers - they are not only faster, but also more "respectful" to each other, meaning fewer DNFs. There can be one more reason people prefer "Gold 2 to Elite" than "Gold 3 to Elite" (Gold 1 and Silver 2 racers usually are less cautious, but sometimes you will see a race full of Silver 2 to Gold 2 racers with few to none DNFs and/or first-lap crashes);

- take preference on tracks where incidents are more likely (like Monza, Saudi, or Azerbaijan - I guess, I never raced on Azerbaijan in ranked...) if you're willing for other drivers' DNFs. If you're hoping for DNFs in a race, some tracks are awful for it (for instance, in France, due to the lack of barriers nearer the track, I've almost not seen DNFs at all there...).

Last but not less important (and more a bit of confirmation than anything), reaching Elite rank while changing seasons pops the trophies on both PS4 and PS5 lists (I still don't know how it works from "people which got this trophy on one version, got demoted to Gold inside the same season, and then boot up the other version"...).

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 3

Hi Guys, I managed to get the trophy 2 weeks ago and went from Gold 2 > Elite. 

My tips would be for anyone looking to get this trophy ASAP:

1) Start your ladder on Thursday/Friday - Less players and requires more grind but overall I think it's the best option (if you join an already full ladder just wait till the week after)

2) Focus on 1 track rather than all 3 - The 3 tracks I had were Brazil/Jeddah/Miami - Jeddah was by far my best track so I only raced 15+ players on that track the whole weekend.

3) Let cars past you - Try your best not to engage in battling drivers because they will just ram you off the track which will mean you will lose points :(

And Finally:

4) Be consistent - You will not achieve this trophy playing 3-4 hours a day you need to be playing between 8-12 hours unfortunately to even have a chance so it might be a short term inconvenience but it will be worth it trust me.

• Like 1

Didn't have the time to grind for this season, but for next I'll give it some good time. A question to those that recommend track preference. You can only check which one you got once in quali, but don't you lose any points if you retire from session completely? Also, do get any points from completing quali or not even worth it? Thanks in advance.

Also, should I modify setups etc in Gold I/II/III or with basic setup still possible?

• Like 1

Guys guys guys, so I completed this season, finished in the top 2 and triggered the Gold trophy. Why is it that im now still in Silver 1??? Shouldn’t I at least be in the Gold 1 category pushing for gold 2 or 3?? 

The fact the Golden Touch trophy triggered but I’m still in silver is baffling 

33 minutes ago, sshhaaggeerr said:

Guys guys guys, so I completed this season, finished in the top 2 and triggered the Gold trophy. Why is it that im now still in Silver 1??? Shouldn’t I at least be in the Gold 1 category pushing for gold 2 or 3?? 

The fact the Golden Touch trophy triggered but I’m still in silver is baffling 

Because a new season started. Every time this happens all the players get de-ranked by one full grade. For example, whoever got the Elite trophy this week (me included) it's now located in Gold I.

1 hour ago, Rejim said:

Didn't have the time to grind for this season, but for next I'll give it some good time. A question to those that recommend track preference. You can only check which one you got once in quali, but don't you lose any points if you retire from session completely? Also, do get any points from completing quali or not even worth it? Thanks in advance.

Also, should I modify setups etc in Gold I/II/III or with basic setup still possible?

Basic setups are wothless, you are basically harming yourself by going 1 full second slower. There are plenty of sources where you can find custom setups, but be aware, DO NOT use setups aimed specifically for the time trials.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rejim said:

In parts:

- when you enter a lobby, you can check how many laps the race will have - this information already shows which track will be featured in that lobby if you already know how many laps each one of the three tracks has, but while you aren't used to knowing which track the race will be used by lap count, you can go the configurations option: on the same screen you can choose which configuration settings you would check, you can see which track will be used on the next race (resuming, you don't need to go to quali to check which track);

- actually, it's not recommended even to exit the lobby when the time count is below 5 seconds - there is a chance you lose points when you do it (happened with me: I decided to exit the lobby when the count was about 4 seconds, but only after completing a following race, I noticed I have lost about 50 points - probably I still was "signed up" when that lobby had started, and since I was not found before qualifying, I'd got a DNF...)

- the ability to modify setups is related to Safety Driving, so it's possible to modify setups even in Bronze or Silver lobbies - however, the lobby itself must be "Safety Rank A" to allow modifying setups (unfortunately, the best way to check is is check every Driver License of people in the lobby - the lower rank found probably is the rank of the lobby; if you're the "host" of the lobby, that lobby will have your Safety Driving rank). But, as @shary96 said, it's recommended to copy "race setups" rather than "time trial setups" (the car would be slightly slower in a one-shot lap, but in a race - where the car is heavier - a race setup is more efficient);

- I don't know what is your level of abilities on this game, but I need to say that you probably will find people who are insanely fast - I'm talking about people who not only set off ABS and Traction Control but also use manual gears and maybe are playing using a racing wheel instead of a controller... (this is also applied to the "set time" on the sites you're copying the setups)

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shary96 said:

Basic setups are wothless, you are basically harming yourself by going 1 full second slower. There are plenty of sources where you can find custom setups, but be aware, DO NOT use setups aimed specifically for the time trials.

Maybe this is a stupid question but does this only counts for controller? And you have a specific source where I can find the perfect controller setup? 

Before I started this Game, i knew, that I will be not able to get the Plat.

I read a lot before.

But man, this Thread destroys all my hopes.

Just started this week and even in bronce i wasnt able to win a race. P3-7 most of the Time.

One Thing was super annoying... My Points got erased on Saturday or Sunday.

Is there a reason for this?
I had 70 Points and was on 4th. Position.

Started another Race, earned 6 Points, and that was all i got.

That was weird....