Elite Racer

samy002

23 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

yeah so at a minimum it's 3 weeks to get from bronze to elite.

they did fix the glitch where if you ranked up on season reset day, you wouldn't get the trophy.

doesn't seem like many people are bothering with this trophy or plat either and I'm not surprised. Hello Neighbour 2 has more players on here haha

That’s not correct, minimum is 4 weeks. From bronze you can go only to Silver 1 (there’s no double jump from bronze) and from Silver 1 it takes at least 3 weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Djeheuty said:

That’s not correct, minimum is 4 weeks. From bronze you can go only to Silver 1 (there’s no double jump from bronze) and from Silver 1 it takes at least 3 weeks.

you can't go from Bronze to Silver II? Huh.... hmm maybe I just remember wrong then but I swear I did...

42 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

you can't go from Bronze to Silver II? Huh.... hmm maybe I just remember wrong then but I swear I did...

Nope, even in an 80+ players group there’s no silver II spot available, so I guess it’s just not possible. You can try yourself. Maybe it has changed or you remember wrong.

8 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

Nope, even in an 80+ players group there’s no silver II spot available, so I guess it’s just not possible. You can try yourself. Maybe it has changed or you remember wrong.

just checked my guide and I did say 4 weeks minimum haha,

what is wrong is that I said for Bronze you can go to Silver I or Silver II so I've fixed that now.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:57 AM, xhounz said:

Maybe it depends on my super low latency (< 30ms) but I never have problems in the midfield.

Positioning is not as relevant as clean driving. So if you have the feeling that there is a dirty driver behind you, just let him pass. 
In the lower groups (lower than Gold 1) it's easy to earn 50 Points+ if you follow the rules of the Roadmap.

Clean Driving, 15+ Players in the Group. 

If I start 16 or lower and finish 11 or 12 I still get around 40 to 50 points if all laps are clean.

I would assume, if I would had 3-4 warnings but placed 7 - 9th place there would be less points for that.

Also I think the way to go is:
Silver II to Gold II to Elite. 

Gold 1 lobbies are also rare on weekdays.

It didn't work for me.

All the times I started last it was a lottery 50/50

-In best scenario nothing happens and you will earn good points

-most likely you will be stuck very soon behind some very low level players. With other players trying to pass you from behind and increased risk incident.

-In worst scenario, that very low level player will break test you and -20 points.

90% of points I made was with a good quali.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Who's nervous/excited for F1 24? To see if they add the same mode and same trophy again? It's not out of the realms of possibility as they recycle modes all the time

On the contrary, watching on previous history they seldom put clones ( the esport weekly challenge of f1 22 didn't pass through 23). Same as the career seasons.

But if they re adding elite again I ll buy the game immediately this time.

The more time passes, the hardest the trophy gets.

We ll see

Edited by Nemesi_Nera

11 minutes ago, Nemesi_Nera said:

On the contrary, watching on previous history they seldom put clones ( the esport weekly challenge of f1 22 didn't pass through 23). Same as the career seasons.

But if they re adding elite again I ll buy the game immediately this time.

The more time passes, the hardest the trophy gets.

We ll see

10-14 had the same career, 16-19 had the same career and even the same reused lines. Plus I think 17-20 used the same interview questions. 20-23 has had the exact same Myteam and they will probably use the same for 24. There have been many other reused assets so i wouldn't be surprised if 24 keeps ranked in the same way 23 had it. 

If it does, I wouldn't be mad if they just had the gold rank trophy, but elite would kill most people

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

10-14 had the same career, 16-19 had the same career and even the same reused lines. Plus I think 17-20 used the same interview questions. 20-23 has had the exact same Myteam and they will probably use the same for 24. There have been many other reused assets so i wouldn't be surprised if 24 keeps ranked in the same way 23 had it. 

If it does, I wouldn't be mad if they just had the gold rank trophy, but elite would kill most people

Thats what i said if I don't mind gold rank that would have been fine but Elite as a trophy was why I'm not the best F1 player the fact is going from Bronze to silver 1 start then next week at silver 1 ok then if your lucky with your group u can Skip Silver 2 to gold 1 probably need 1k points nice gold rank thats a trophy following week your in a group gold 1 to gold 3 at least 3k points if it was me i be back to silver as I can’t even make the top 10 after DNF in the first 2 coners from a player being an idiot once your gold 3 you need at least 10 people to make a elite promotion slot i think every 10 players a slot opens up being gold 3 i heard its hard to find players and u need 4k points to hit Elite 40 person lobby is 4 promotion slots for elite most likely.

if you don't get to elite before the end if the season you drop from gold 3 to 1 theres 1 to 2 weeks gone thanks at this point Elite trophy should of been a gold trophy would of been more rewarding When achieved i gave up 3 weeks after release because I didn’t make progress at all playing everyday and getting DNF every race from brake check or in the DRS zones about to overtake drivers they hit u you crash they don’t get and warning or penalties if you didn’t crash and they hit get you get the warning and a penalty great game over. I hope F1 24 doesn’t have ranked trophys fingers crossed good luck to people doing this dumb trophy.

There must be a way to get matched against other console of ours (for example a PS5 vs PS4) in ranked to boost the wins...

Maybe with changing the MTU, or DNS, or something, to try to force the matchmaking in a local network or similar

On 3/11/2024 at 3:57 AM, xhounz said:

Positioning is not as relevant as clean driving. So if you have the feeling that there is a dirty driver behind you, just let him pass. 

This is really important, today I made 50 points in a race I ended up 3rd out of clean driving alone (it was Singapur, really hard to not respect the limits), and before that one I ended up 1st and got a lot less points because of cutting corners a few times.

The system, anyway, it's horrible. I imagine in a year it will be nearly impossible to get the trophy, and considering how Codemasters always abandon their games, it's easy to see why.

Anyway, I started playing last Friday, Monday I was already on Silver, and now I'm really close to the Gold spot, literally 10 days or less to get to Gold. If you practice or at least watch the races, you'll be better than half of the grid every race.

@CosmoWolf_ F1 MASTER! How do people play races in Elite? I saw the in-game leaderboard and there are only like 30-40 players this week lol, it's a ridiculous amount.

Edited by Jeanolt

On 3/17/2024 at 3:54 AM, Jeanolt said:

This is really important, today I made 50 points in a race I ended up 3rd out of clean driving alone (it was Singapur, really hard to not respect the limits), and before that one I ended up 1st and got a lot less points because of cutting corners a few times.

The system, anyway, it's horrible. I imagine in a year it will be nearly impossible to get the trophy, and considering how Codemasters always abandon their games, it's easy to see why.

Anyway, I started playing last Friday, Monday I was already on Silver, and now I'm really close to the Gold spot, literally 10 days or less to get to Gold. If you practice or at least watch the races, you'll be better than half of the grid every race.

@CosmoWolf_ F1 MASTER! How do people play races in Elite? I saw the in-game leaderboard and there are only like 30-40 players this week lol, it's a ridiculous amount.

Once you're in Elite I think if you keep racing you'll just be put into Gold 3 lobbies

• Like 1

Well a disheartening week with little time left me bumped down to silver 2 from gold 1 this week, kept building up points then getting slapped back down on them again, despite driving cleanly, everyone is just so much faster in Gold. Moan moan… thinking I should try and find a group Thur night to give myself a fighting chance of Gold 2 points over end of week/weekend. Wish you could see populations ratings as well to know if A rank is optimal or not for grouping.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arophous said:

Well a disheartening week with little time left me bumped down to silver 2 from gold 1 this week, kept building up points then getting slapped back down on them again, despite driving cleanly, everyone is just so much faster in Gold. Moan moan… thinking I should try and find a group Thur night to give myself a fighting chance of Gold 2 points over end of week/weekend. Wish you could see populations ratings as well to know if A rank is optimal or not for grouping.

The key is not start races ranked almost until Saturday or Sunday i this way get better doing points these days and this ppl not had points . Also use setups are very important to help improve lap times

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zracingz said:

The key is not start races ranked almost until Saturday or Sunday i this way get better doing points these days and this ppl not had points . Also use setups are very important to help improve lap times

I wish I tried this earlier. Started yesterday on Gold 1, and by the end of the day the first player on the rank had 480 points and I finished barely with 150...pretty much impossible to follow unless you have the whole day to play nonstop, guess I will wait till the end of next week, moving from gold 1 to gold 3 seems impossible with that amount of points.

Edited by Sappurys

9 hours ago, zracingz said:

This might have been the case in the beginning but it's very risky now due to the declining playerbase. Even in October when I did Elite racer, I started in my group first thing on a monday, but people were still being added to my group as late as saturday, of course by that point I was 2,000 points ahead by then, and they had no chance. So starting on a weekend is not a guarnateed way of doing it

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 5:14 PM, willmill97 said:

With the current system gold should be enough, elite is oke if they would change the system to allow people to have other hobbies and a job on the side.

17 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

With the current system gold should be enough, elite is oke if they would change the system to allow people to have other hobbies and a job on the side.

No! You must dedicate 8 hours of your life each day to play this amazing game and online experience!