TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge - Dimension Shellshock DLC

I'm not a big fan of these crossovers they do nowadays with these characters. I rather see more levels and boss battles with other character then these random picks. Yeah, I know some people like this variety, they could also be excited to play as Batman since he was an ally in one of the latest movies... still so many other characters to play with (like the Toads, even Venus from the live action movie)... for me, it's just random :/

(it reminds me when they added 3 Spyro characters into Crash Team Racing and forgot about adding decent stuff to the universe characters they already added)

But it's nice to have a DLC :) I'm looking forward new levels and game modes. But I'm not hyped for this, it's not a Streets of Rage 4 hype (and I love TMNT the most), since I have both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and the devs didn't have the decency for a free upgrade -_-

I can't believe the new character is called Usagi, I mean, literally "Rabbit" lol.

Just like Kuma on Tekken, one of those disadvantages of knowing Japanese and then later cool sounding "names" are actually nothing of the sort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

I can't believe the new character is called Usagi, I mean, literally "Rabbit" lol.

Just like Kuma on Tekken, one of those disadvantages of knowing Japanese and then later cool sounding "names" are actually nothing of the sort.

His name is actually Miyamoto Usagi, and was created by a Japanese comic creator, it's no different from the likes of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

His name is actually Miyamoto Usagi, and was created by a Japanese comic creator, it's no different from the likes of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

That's a fair comparison.

However nobody ever says "Mouse", or "Nezumi" for Mickey, they will say Mickey or Mickey Mouse, never mouse on its own.

In this exact trailer this character is introduced as "Usagi", and nothing else. Therefore it's definitely different.

Edited by enaysoft

16 hours ago, enaysoft said:

That's a fair comparison.

However nobody ever says "Mouse", or "Nezumi" for Mickey, they will say Mickey or Mickey Mouse, never mouse on its own.

In this exact trailer this character is introduced as "Usagi", and nothing else. Therefore it's definitely different.

Probably because of it's comic, Usagi Yojimbo, guess people just use Usagi for that or because it's easier than Miyamoto.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-06-07 at 8:48 PM, TurtlePM said:

I'm not a big fan of these crossovers they do nowadays with these characters. I rather see more levels and boss battles with other character then these random picks. Yeah, I know some people like this variety, they could also be excited to play as Batman since he was an ally in one of the latest movies... still so many other characters to play with (like the Toads, even Venus from the live action movie)... for me, it's just random :/

(it reminds me when they added 3 Spyro characters into Crash Team Racing and forgot about adding decent stuff to the universe characters they already added)

But it's nice to have a DLC :) I'm looking forward new levels and game modes. But I'm not hyped for this, it's not a Streets of Rage 4 hype (and I love TMNT the most), since I have both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and the devs didn't have the decency for a free upgrade -_-

Usagi was in the first season (and others) of the original tmnt cartoon in the 80s. It’s not a random crossover at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Usagi was in the first season (and others) of the original tmnt cartoon in the 80s. It’s not a random crossover at all.

Don't mislead what I said. I know that it appears in the TMNT series, but it's a crossover. Like they did with Power Rangers, or even Batman (like I mentioned before).

For ME, these are all random (though they're not entirely random in the true meaning of the word), when you have other characters from the TMNT to include first. It was the only thing I didn't like about the trailer - which happened with other games like Crash Team Racing or "Streets of Rage 4" with the playable bosses. But that's me, that's something I usually don't appreciate, I understand people enjoy this kind of crossover stuff ?

• Like 1

Yeah, its just that Usagi didn't get his own animated series until 2022 (though its possible there might have had plans back in the day that fell through) . Usagi is no different to various dc/marvel series that never really got standalone adaptations(but often show up in other characters series) but are considered its own ip(for example we never had a proper the flash solo tv series until the cw show but he regularly appeared in various dc shows) because it was a successful comic and the character is popular dispite the lack of its own standalone show.

• 1 month later...

It'll be out August 31st.  Hopefully they're kind with the trophy difficulty for it, if there are any.  I've never been a fan of survival modes so I'd rather not have to put a ton of work into it.  At least they seem to be doing something a little different with it though, but I doubt it'll be enough to make me enjoy it.  Plus Kirai is the 2nd character they're adding with the dlc, and it looks like both will be usable in the story/arcade mode.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new (13 minutes) gameplay video is out.

If I were to guess the new Trophies (haven't seen a list yet), there will probably be something like the Streets of Rage ones. Complete Story Mode with each of the new characters and reaching a certain level in Survival Mode (maybe even one on the highest difficulty?). 

10 hours ago, ConAir said:

If I were to guess the new Trophies (haven't seen a list yet), there will probably be something like the Streets of Rage ones. Complete Story Mode with each of the new characters and reaching a certain level in Survival Mode (maybe even one on the highest difficulty?). 

I hope they aren't too difficult or long and grindy, I don't want to have to spend a long time on them.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:18 AM, ConAir said:

I'm sure there will be trophies related to completing the Story Mode with Usagi and Karai (or the Arcade, or the 2 modes), reaching level 10, maybe some miscellaneous trophies related to one of the characters, and of course, trophies related to the Survival, reach a certain level.

If I'm not mistaken, it seems that the new "skins", despite being free, must be unlocked by playing.

I don't expect anything too different from the Streets of Rage 4 DLC.

7 hours ago, WitchHunterDX said:

I'm sure there will be trophies related to completing the Story Mode with Usagi and Karai (or the Arcade, or the 2 modes), reaching level 10, maybe some miscellaneous trophies related to one of the characters, and of course, trophies related to the Survival, reach a certain level.

If I'm not mistaken, it seems that the new "skins", despite being free, must be unlocked by playing.

I don't expect anything too different from the Streets of Rage 4 DLC.

Streets of Rage 4 is a different developer though, so you never know.

19 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Streets of Rage 4 is a different developer though, so you never know.

But who publishes both games is DotEmu.

The fact that both games have a DLC with extra characters, new "skins" and a Survival mode, all of which were released 1 year after launch says it all, it's the same modus operand

i.

15 hours ago, WitchHunterDX said:

But who publishes both games is DotEmu.

The fact that both games have a DLC with extra characters, new "skins" and a Survival mode, all of which were released 1 year after launch says it all, it's the same modus operand

i.

Publisher doesn't have much to do with plans for the game outside of release and budget though, it's ultimately the devs themselves that make the plans for the dlc and they just did what they thought people wanted.  Maybe they were influenced by what SOR4 did, but it's ultimately their decision either way.

• Like 1

There is a full playthrough of the survival mode on YouTube right now, which could be kind of interesting depending on what the trophies are.  It's got bookends that do tell a story and there are boss fights, including a final boss once you get the first 5 crystals.  It then let's you choose whether you want to continue to do the survival mode or end it.  That triggers the ending bookend scene.  The first set of 5 crystals leading to the boss seem fairly easy.  Hoping the trophies only require beating survival once and not continuous runs.  I'll embed it here.

• Like 1