The servers are up again. 30.06.2023.

2 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

I managed to invite a friend of mine yesterday for the two trophies that need boosting (the 10 objective assists and winning a TDM match required for winning every game mode)

the invites didn't work but then i noticed if u press start+ select u can change ur privacy settings, so i changed it to joinable instead of invites only and it worked first time and my friend joined me 

so try that and invite him from main lobby before even creating a private match and change your privacy settings and it should work fine 

1 hour ago, mattigummi45 said:

I just started the game for the first time and managed to get all the online trophies. You have to have a Uplay account linked to your PSN. Trying to create a Uplay account or signing into the Uplay account didn't work in the game, but going to a browser and signing into Ubisoft and linking your PSN account there works, as I did for my alt. 

I had no luck inviting my alt into a private game, that only resulted in an endless loading screen. I was able to invite my alt to a party, but when I tried creating a private match the alt couldn't follow and got stuck on loading screen. Next I tried making my party "joinable" with the Select button and had my alt join that way, and that apparently did the trick. I was able to start up a private match with my alt after that. Although it might have just been luck, I can't be certain. 

As Matti mentioned at the very end of their post “it might have just been luck” - I tried now tonight and I got my alt into my private lobby to finish the trophies. WTH is going on haha

after the trophies I even backed out to change the privacy settings and both options still worked to invite my alt.

earlier today I have no idea what the settings were on. I know before our group gave up I was mashing the select button to change the setting before I realized where on screen it says the privacy changes.

The short of it - there is hope to still finish the online to this game. I never wanted this game and only picked it up recently for the fun of thinking its possible, but I’ll likely only get a few online trophies. Now I have all the PvP out the way and will party up with my few guys for the co-op. 8)

Edited by MATTKBAN

Last bit of Blacklist info I can give to help if it’s needed - one of the players from yesterday was only able to join me a specific way today to knock out his last mp trophies in a public lobby. There are two ways to join a friend in a “joinable” pre-game lobby or match lobby. You can Press R2 to view online friends and try from there - that never worked for them. They instead were in a party lobby, clicked on the right where it says “invite friends”, clicked on my name from there and joined me instead of inviting. Also, the public lobbies start with 4 players, even TDM which is 8 max. Yeehaa!

• Like 3

I didn't read all of the previous posts, so please forgive me if it's been mentioned already.

There appears to be some kind of regional restriction with these new Splinter Cell: Blacklist mp lobbies.

2 of us hooked up last night (1 NA and 1 EU). We had a rough time just trying to connect to the same lobby; never made it into a single match in over an hour of trying (me invite, you invite, me join, you join, private, public, every game mode, etc).

2 more people showed up (1 NA and 1 EU). Within seconds, both EU's were in a match together, and both NA's were in a match together, making progress and unlocking trophies.

So, that might be something to keep in mind. :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, effdeegee said:

I didn't read all of the previous posts, so please forgive me if it's been mentioned already.

There appears to be some kind of regional restriction with these new Splinter Cell: Blacklist mp lobbies.

2 of us hooked up last night (1 NA and 1 EU). We had a rough time just trying to connect to the same lobby; never made it into a single match in over an hour of trying (me invite, you invite, me join, you join, private, public, every game mode, etc).

2 more people showed up (1 NA and 1 EU). Within seconds, both EU's were in a match together, and both NA's were in a match together, making progress and unlocking trophies.

So, that might be something to keep in mind. :) 

It’s not that as I had the same issue with another NA player from the same time zone as me to make the situation better. Another one also from the same NA time zone could only fine one another in public lobbies. The last player I helped which I mentioned above - they are very far away in Malaysia and we both had an alt account to fill a public lobby. We had many failed attempts before that one day just happened to work.

im pretty stumped if there is an actual answer or just a dice roll for how the servers currently are.

A couple of new things:

- The NA/EU thing doesn't seem to matter very much. It appears that, regardless of NA/EU, private/public, invite/join, it should only take a few tries at most to connect.

- You can start a TDM in private with 2 people! :o 

• Like 2

can confirm you just have to make the lobby "joinable" with Select button and I managed to pair with my friend from different region.

not sure if the invite works but you can join the lobby when you search the friend list in-game.

Team Deathmatch is doable with 2 person and weekly challenge will be much easier if you need to kill XX times.

Confirming that as of 2023-07-30 the servers are working although we did have some connectivity issues for a couple of hours.

I'm in Australia, my buddy is in Sweden. We were not able to join either by invite or by selecting each other's names from the in game friends list and choosing join. We tried changing our party status to joinable and it wouldn't work. We tried searching using quick match and it wouldn't work that way either. Then a random player in Brazil joined my buddy in Sweden while we were searching using quick match. I still could not join, but I restarted my console and the Brazilian player invited me. It worked and we were all in the same game. Another friend in America was unable to join too but we kept inviting him. Eventually he quit the game, reloaded it and tried to accept another invite. It worked and all four of us were in the same team deathmatch game.

We were able to complete all online trophies except for the daily challenge and reaching level 10. The only reason we could not do those two is we had to call it a night.

Edited by BlastMonkey
Improve accuracy of content.
  • Like 1

Can anybody confirm if two people need have the same version of the game to play together? I tried to play a private match with another person, but I have the digital copy, whereas he has the CH copy. We were able to get in a lobby after some tries, but once we tried to start a match, the non-host got stuck in an endless loading screen. 

Edit: Never mind, version compatibility is a non-factor. Just luck of the draw for connection status. 

Edited by ThunderSaucepan

seems to be a lucky thing. I'm trying with a person from Europe now and it's impossible to join one to the other, in all variations. public, private, joinable, invite only, searching together both create a different lobbies, invites fail, etc. I will try with someone from South America.

26 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

So couple of questions guys. I have allready popped a trophy innit, just want to ask if all pnline is obtainable before i synch it. 

Dont want another unobtainable on my account 1f44d.png

The Plat is obtainable but you may have to jump through some hoops though with the servers to get them to work properly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, Mazter421 said:

Oh it looks like Xbox uplay works... hmmm, we can keep hoping for PS3 then

Any update on this?

can anyone confirm if all of the online trophies are obtainable from scratch as of 04.10.2023? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I could connect yesterday and played a few matches and got some trophies. Tried today but keep getting the message "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available. Please Try again later." Haven't seen any daily missions pop up either. just 1 weekly among the 14 other challenges.

4 hours ago, mistabungle said:

I could connect yesterday and played a few matches and got some trophies. Tried today but keep getting the message "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available. Please Try again later." Haven't seen any daily missions pop up either. just 1 weekly among the 14 other challenges.

When I saw your message, I popped in the disc on my PS3, and I was stuck on the connecting to server, which made me pull the ethernet off of my PS3. When I got the checkpoint on Safehouse, I reconnected to PSN, and I wasn't able to connect to the game servers. 

I returned to the Padlin, and I pressed L2, and it's stuck on the Connecting screen. 

Safe to say the servers may be down. If you did get done the Spies Vs. Mercs trophies and/or want the offline stuff, you will need to go offline on your PS3

Can anyone check the status of the PS3 versions of Assassin's Creed Revelations and III?

EDIT: I signed out and signed back in to PSN and tried to access Spies Vs. Mercs and I can no longer access the servers. 

Edited by Mr_Tenno777

4 hours ago, mistabungle said:

The game is acting up for sure. I tested it out and when the game loads it checks the dlc, then verifies Uplay account. The Uplay verify screen was an infinite load twice in a row so I booted the game while logged out. I signed in once in the paladin and only saw SvP challenges - I think these will always show when offline as it’s baked into the game menus. Eventually I left the Shadownet menu and went back in while signed into psn and I could see Daily and Weekly challenges agai BUT I still can’t connect to the mp. It’s an infinite load screen. Luckily I did all these a few weeks ago so I urge anyone to finish what they can.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

When I saw your message, I popped in the disc on my PS3, and I was stuck on the connecting to server, which made me pull the ethernet off of my PS3. When I got the checkpoint on Safehouse, I reconnected to PSN, and I wasn't able to connect to the game servers. 

I returned to the Padlin, and I pressed L2, and it's stuck on the Connecting screen. 

Safe to say the servers may be down. If you did get done the Spies Vs. Mercs trophies and/or want the offline stuff, you will need to go offline on your PS3

Can anyone check the status of the PS3 versions of Assassin's Creed Revelations and III?

EDIT: I signed out and signed back in to PSN and tried to access Spies Vs. Mercs and I can no longer access the servers. 

You might of tried this shortly before me. You maybe not be able to get into the mp like myself but maybe can still see the daily and weekly challenges?

I need to finish Driver SF before things get real wonky again

14 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

The game is acting up for sure. I tested it out and when the game loads it checks the dlc, then verifies Uplay account. The Uplay verify screen was an infinite load twice in a row so I booted the game while logged out. I signed in once in the paladin and only saw SvP challenges - I think these will always show when offline as it’s baked into the game menus. Eventually I left the Shadownet menu and went back in while signed into psn and I could see Daily and Weekly challenges agai BUT I still can’t connect to the mp. It’s an infinite load screen. Luckily I did all these a few weeks ago so I urge anyone to finish what they can.

You might of tried this shortly before me. You maybe not be able to get into the mp like myself but maybe can still see the daily and weekly challenges?

I need to finish Driver SF before things get real wonky again

I cannot at all. Seems like the servers are knackered. Since Ubisoft has ended offical online support for the game last year,  don't expect going to Ubi support and telling them about the outage. 

So I had done some testing again on Splinter Cell Blacklist. There is a chance to connect to ShadowNet without the game being stuck on a loop connecting, so you will need to keep on connecting to the servers to access ShadowNet for the Daily challenge. 

The Spies Vs. Mercenaries mode is knackered. You will be stuck on an infinite loop while trying to access the mode at all with it saying "Connecting...". If it doesn't do that, then the game will give out a error saying the servers are unavailable. 

This means that the trophies tied to the Spies Vs. Mercenaries mode are not enable. That includes trying to do the Weekly challenge trophy since you need to play Sipes Vs. Mercenaries to do weekly challenges. 

Once again, Ubisoft ended supporting the game's online services last year. Don't expect any support from them at all. 

Edited by Mr_Tenno777
  • Like 1