Sororitas DLC

Looks like you have to pay even if you have the erstwhile "complete" edition. It also appears that PS4 and PS5 version are listed separately with no cross buy, which kind of makes sense since the PS4 and PS5 editions of the main game are not cross-buy.

Anyone have confirmation? Pretty shitty to have to drop another $15 to have 100% even though I do like the game. Will probably wait for a sale.

• Like 2

It is complete garbage that this is $20, even for those who bought the Ultimate Edition. Seeing a lot of unhappy people - apparently this patch has brought back a lot of old bugs and the game is borderline unplayable now. What a mess. 

Absolutely waiting for a sale.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

Ignoring the outrageous price, I wouldn’t have minded this too much if the trophies were similar to the previous DLC. Now you have to get to level 100 when they already settled for 50 in the base list which is a pretty ridiculous and mundane grind. I don’t really see many people coming back to finish this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Looks like you have to pay even if you have the erstwhile "complete" edition. It also appears that PS4 and PS5 version are listed separately with no cross buy, which kind of makes sense since the PS4 and PS5 editions of the main game are not cross-buy.

Anyone have confirmation? Pretty shitty to have to drop another $15 to have 100% even though I do like the game. Will probably wait for a sale.

I did have the complete edition or whatever it was called. And this is now my 4th game already where 'complete' or 'ultimate' or whatever doesn't mean 'new dlcs added over a year later' ... surviving mars, cities skylines, graveyard keeper and now this one.

And indeed, the price is ridiculous.

The game was cool and mostly fun, and if this dlc would have been part of that so called complete set, I wouldn't have minded that much, but this .. no, just no -_-.

Edited by de_digibeet

3 hours ago, Salamandxrs said:

How long is the grind for lvl max do you think guys ?

Depends, I tried to find some info but didnt find more than "Level 90-100 will take a couple hundred missions". Some also talk about a "meme virus" or "memory virus" which could reduce the grind but I dont know how this works and if it ever got nerfed or not.

One thing is clear though.. this DLC is overpriced garbage that adds nothing besides a new character and on top of it says "Fuck You, Pay Us" to trophy hunters/completionists.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Salamandxrs said:

How long is the grind for lvl max do you think guys ?

It has been years since last I played it but I would estimate from perhaps 20 hours up to a hundred, depending on the usual factors such as gear quality and team composition. Since you can be carried hard in this game, that’s also an option.

4 hours ago, Mori said:

Depends, I tried to find some info but didnt find more than "Level 90-100 will take a couple hundred missions". Some also talk about a "meme virus" or "memory virus" which could reduce the grind but I dont know how this works and if it ever got nerfed or not.

One thing is clear though.. this DLC is overpriced garbage that adds nothing besides a new character and on top of it says "Fuck You, Pay Us" to trophy hunters/completionists.

Void Crusades are part of the end-game where you can use the tarot cards as various modifiers such as increased difficulty for more experience. The Meme Virus simply boost experience 100% for the next 5 missions. Those items are quite rare, though, and are best used towards the end of a crusade for maximum return.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

Void Crusades are part of the end-game where you can use the tarot cards as various modifiers such as increased difficulty for more experience. The Meme Virus simply boost experience 100% for the next 5 missions. Those items are quite rare, though, and are best used towards the end of a crusade for maximum return.

Thankfully there’s a tarot card you can use to get the meme virus to drop reliably enough. There’s another card you can combine it with which grants its own xp buff. On its own it’s as effective as most other reward cards, but once you purposely ignore upgrading other tarot cards you can focus all your upgrades into this one which ends up being 150% extra xp when it’s maxed.

Its also been years since I’ve played this game so it’s interesting to see the changes around crafting. Should to be easy enough to spec an OP AoE build on your way to farming to 100, it doesn’t need to be min-maxed. That combined with movement speed capped and xp buffs will cut down the time significantly. 

I really would not mind going back to this game. I even don't mind spending 15€ on a new character and no new content whatsoever... But man, the trophy list is just so disproportionate when compared to lists that were already available.

Reaching lv. 100 is ridiculous. Sure, it will go faster with a build designed for speed-clearing, and if playing with players from the same cabal... But still. I spent 60h on all other trophies and my main character is only level 62...

Not a fan of the list.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Reaching lv. 100 is ridiculous. Sure, it will go faster with a build designed for speed-clearing, and if playing with players from the same cabal... But still. I spent 60h on all other trophies and my main character is only level 62...

Yeah.. it’s no diablo 2 but it’s sure going to take a lot of intel runs to hit 100. Once you hit the 70’s it starts to slow down a lot. Currently sitting at 83 and it’s a requirement of 243k xp for the next level lol. With my tarot card at level 3/5, i’m getting about 25-30k xp a run doing missions 5-6 above my level and the tedium is starting to kick in. 

I also made the mistake of making the new character a “seasonal character” since i didn’t notice the option to toggle it off. It means i can’t move anything from my previous characters to my new one until the season ends… so yeah, don’t do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salamandxrs said:

How do i get / use banner ? 1f603.png

You’ll unlock different banner variations as you level up. I think around level 26 you get the banner of benediction or whatever, which is the banner you use to heal 100k hp. They just take up a slot where the mines and shields are etc.

• Like 2

Just a heads up - This current week has a 100% xp bonus for intel missions which is pretty huge. At level 90 i’m able to get around 60k xp for these missions at +8 my level. I do suggest taking advantage of this with a build for quick clears while it’s active. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkette said:

Just a heads up - This current week has a 100% xp bonus for intel missions which is pretty huge. At level 90 i’m able to get around 60k xp for these missions at +8 my level. I do suggest taking advantage of this with a build for quick clears while it’s active. 

Sounds like you're making short work of the grind.? I'm currently on another game so I'll miss out on the bonus, however would you be so kind to share the build you're using?

I did some more searching and found a hand flamer build on YT that's supposedly starter friendly, but can't confirm much of anything as of now.

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

Sounds like you're making short work of the grind.1f642.png I'm currently on another game so I'll miss out on the bonus, however would you be so kind to share the build you're using?

I did some more searching and found a hand flamer build on YT that's supposedly starter friendly, but can't confirm much of anything as of now.

Thanks in advance!

I used this, which I think is the standard for most battle sister builds with a few smaller changes. The heat aura and life drain doctrines will need a few void clears to get the psalms for but you will absolutely want them. These and the enrage token modifiers on gear is what will make the build really powerful early on. He mentions in a comment what to prioritise as well, the only thing I would change is trying to cap your movement speed to 80% by adding the 30% perk to your third slot and upgrading the tree a little. Being powerful and fast is pretty rewarding.

Life Drain Doctrine - Voltaic + Aegis + Hermeticon + Emanatus + Shroud Psalms.

Fire Aura Doctrine - Phosphoenic + Technomartyr + Neuralis + Binharic Psalms.

The tarot card for higher psalm code drop rates helps of course. As long as your gear is relic then i’d say it’s fine to make this build around level 60-70 if you wish. The extra damage from its level isn’t that significant of a difference, just be careful when rolling for your enraged token enchantments because it costs quite a lot (and my luck was just terrible tbh). Psalm codes and doctrines can be freely placed and removed from any gear so don’t worry about wasting them too early either. Good luck!

• Like 2

For the people worried you have to buy the Sororitas DLC twice to get the trophies for PS4 and PS5: you don't have to. I only bought the DLC for the PS5 and got the DLC trophies for the PS4 version the moment I started the PS4 version.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Since Darkette was so kind to link the hand flamer and bracier build - saving my soul in the process - I thought I could at least contribute back by explaining it in a little more more detail how I went about it.

To begin with, I started playing a non-seasonal character from scratch all through the campaign - all side missions included. This should take you to at least level 60. What's very important to realise is that you don't need to have a single relic item whatsoever - rare and artificer, if you can afford the re-rolls for the latter, is all you need.

What make the build is your ability to apply dots and burn damage on top of maintaining your shield. I went full retard initially and focused on pure damage before having any sort of defence and doing intel missions at +8 was very painful in the beginning.

Getting a higher number of enchantments per item as you go is extremely important along with enough sockets. Without the sockets, the build naturally won't take off, so this is a very high priority.

On the matter of gaining experience, don't worry because you didn't partake in the first week's bonus. If you combine intel missions, tarot cards and play through the multiplayer option, you'll be able to earn upwards to 120K+ per mission, of course dependent on what the initial mission difficulty is set to (this is random, and is everything from +1-3, IIRC, on top of whatever you apply manually).

What's even more interesting is that you get a massive experience boost in multiplayer mode compared to playing solo. It doesn't matter whether you have 1 or 3 with you (it will stay the same) and the level of the other players doesn't matter, either - one person at any level is all that's required. Having extra experience on your gear is critical in the long run, so don't overlook that. I believe I had around 85% towards the end on top of the obligational Meme Virus booster, peaking at least 185% per mission.

Hopefully this will clarify everything a little further.?

Ps. In my stupor I forgot an important detail.  While in multiplayer, in order to get the most XP possible, at least 1 person needs to be present at all times. If, for example, your friend disconnects just before the mission is completed, the total XP reward will be severely lessened.

Don't ask me how this works; it just seems that Neocore has a hidden XP multiplier hidden here.

Edited by Mellenthin

• 3 months later...

I have a little question regarding this DLC.

As this new character can also be made a close quarter, is it possible to use executions with it?

Because I want to start planning the options of equipment for when i play it again and the grinding associated with it xD (oh the pain)