Trophy Hunters League - Season 42 sign-ups still open!

cool so 9 games are nominated and we pick one of those games ?and the list is compiled?

i was told by my wife for farthers day i could have any game i want so i can check the list if its a final draft and pick the game for me :)i have looked at the list so far and i do have thief

:) so this would be my golden game

Not quite. Everybody can suggest a game. Prinny dude randomly selects 9 that will be GG during the season. He then randomizes the order of those games. Each game is THE GG for one fixture. The order is pre determined and posted at the beginning of the season.
  • Like 2

I have heard of it dood bit people taste in music is abysmal so I opt out of voting.

You can go there vote for the ones you like and in the end vote for Hard rock / Hard metal for next week's theme. I'm just suggesting this because your avatar is Metallica related (Ride the lightning?)

This GG term is reminding me of the grind in 007 QoS, I have to play 100+ matches of Golden Gun mode :S (too off topic perhaps lol)

Lol i have the same feeling. Gg = good game xD But maybe i play too many online pc games :P

Anyway why are we doing only 9 games for everyone? Why dont we let everyone choose a game and those games are being used in the corresponding league. For example the game that i chose, tales of xillia will only be used in the league that im in. Ofcourse the fixture were it will be a golden game will still be rng. This way every one`s game will be used and it will be a little less rng.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Lol i have the same feeling. Gg = good game xD But maybe i play too many online pc games :P

Anyway why are we doing only 9 games for everyone? Why dont we let everyone choose a game and those games are being used the corresponding league. For example the game that i chose, tales of xillia will only be used in the league that im in. Ofcourse the fixture were it will be a golden game will still be rng. This way every one`s game will be used and it will be a little less rng.

Well I wanted just 1 golden game at a time to make things easier for us admins. We already have to be on the lookout for games that don't count and such so multiple golden games could prove to be a burden dood.

Also have to keep in mind that next season is just he trial run for it to see how it works out with the current setup so after we do 1 season with golden games we will make any necessary tweaks based on how things went during the season dood

• Like 3

Anyway why are we doing only 9 games for everyone? Why dont we let everyone choose a game and those games are being used the corresponding league. For example the game that i chose, tales of xillia will only be used in the league that im in. Ofcourse the fixture were it will be a golden game will still be rng. This way every one`s game will be used and it will be a little less rng.

Actually no it wouldn't as there are 9 rounds and 10 players per league so somebody will miss out.

Was kind of thinking can we add a single thing to this golden game rule just to make it so each player is guaranteed their game?

Besides the RNG round games you have a player's own golden game which they choose before season starts which counts throughout the season excluding CWC or something but the game has to meet the same requirements as the RNG games and can not be the same as a RNG?

Just a thought to try cut some negativity and you could always edit their game name next to the player's name on the first page so it is easily tracked?

• Like 1

Well I wanted just 1 golden game at a time to make things easier for us admins. We already have to be on the lookout for games that don't count and such so multiple golden games could prove to be a burden dood.

Also have to keep in mind that next season is just he trial run for it to see how it works out with the current setup so after we do 1 season with golden games we will make any necessary tweaks based on how things went during the season dood

Yeah ofcourse. I was just putting some thoughts out there :P

Actually no it wouldn't as there are 9 rounds and 10 players per league so somebody will miss out.

Was kind of thinking can we add a single thing to this golden game rule just to make it so each player is guaranteed their game?

Besides the RNG round games you have a player's own golden game which they choose before season starts which counts throughout the season excluding CWC or something but the game has to meet the same requirements as the RNG games and can not be the same as a RNG?

Just a thought to try cut some negativity and you could always edit their game name next to the player's name on the first page so it is easily tracked?

With this I feel the RNG wouldn't even be necessary since everyone will already have a golden game for the season plus this goes back to having multiple golden games to keep track of at once. While that could make things easier still will add more of burden on top of all the other stuff we have to look out for. With one golden game you only have to lookout for that one game for everyone instead of looking out for a different game per person dood.

• Like 1

With this I feel the RNG wouldn't even be necessary since everyone will already have a golden game for the season plus this goes back to having multiple golden games to keep track of at once. While that could make things easier still will add more of burden on top of all the other stuff we have to look out for. With one golden game you only have to lookout for that one game for everyone instead of looking out for a different game per person dood.

Yep. One game for everyone. I am on board with this. If life is supposed to be easier for the admins, then one game would be easier than one per person.

I still like the idea of having a selection of games that are valid as golden games for the season duration. That way you can play them as and when and maybe purchase some you haven't got.

The goal is to try different games you normally wouldn't try, as well as having a bunch of people working on the same game. All 9 games will be posted before the season starts, in the order they will be active, so people will have time to pick up games they want to play. The more games the admins have to look out for the harder it would be for them and the more likely mistakes would be.
  • Like 1

The goal is to try different games you normally wouldn't try, as well as having a bunch of people working on the same game. All 9 games will be posted before the season starts, in the order they will be active, so people will have time to pick up games they want to play. The more games the admins have to look out for the harder it would be for them and the more likely mistakes would be.

There will be games people try and don't like. I guess that's just something we'll have to account for.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I understand the goal of the whole thing I'm just not keen on the idea of everyone playing the same game at once. Kind of defeats the object of tactics etc but I will take part and hopefully a few of them will be my kind of game as I wont play rubbish for points lol.

I understand the goal of the whole thing I'm just not keen on the idea of everyone playing the same game at once. Kind of defeats the object of tactics etc but I will take part and hopefully a few of them will be my kind of game as I wont play rubbish for points lol.

Trust me most of the people will only go for 1 to 3 golden games maybe not even one as everyone has their own gaming taste. Some of them already done some of thse games or some of them just dont want to buy that game just for the league.

I get what the golden games are trying to do, but I can't help but think it'll give some people an advantage. Most notably, when it comes to games on PS4 and Vita. Since not everyone has every system, they could end up getting screwed because their opponent could play the golden game, and they couldn't, that fixture.

Also, if they're being posted in order of appearance, people could just wait to pop the plat, or even just the gold trophies, when the game is active.

These things may not end up mattering, especially depending on the games chosen, but I think they're things that should be taken into consideration. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I lost a fixture simply because the other person popped a golden game plat at the start of a fixture, even more so if I didn't even have the option to play it.

I get what the golden games are trying to do, but I can't help but think it'll give some people an advantage. Most notably, when it comes to games on PS4 and Vita. Since not everyone has every system, they could end up getting screwed because their opponent could play the golden game, and they couldn't, that fixture.

Also, if they're being posted in order of appearance, people could just wait to pop the plat, or even just the gold trophies, when the game is active.

These things may not end up mattering, especially depending on the games chosen, but I think they're things that should be taken into consideration. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I lost a fixture simply because the other person popped a golden game plat at the start of a fixture, even more so if I didn't even have the option to play it.

Thats part of the strategy. Do you start it during the fixture and take advantage of extra bronze + silver points, or do you start early and pre-load the game to pop the bigger points. It's just like any other game in any other fixture. Who knows, you might get your game all prepared and then go against an inactive player or someone on vacation and it won't matter.

Console exclusives could screw some people (me included) but so far it looks like we only have 2-3 of those (not including ps3 only). It's just like how a person with a vita has a much larger pool of VNs to draw from during a normal fixture. If it turns out too unbalanced the admins can make more changes for the following seasons.

Question: would TLOU ps3 count if TLOU:Remastered is chosen, since they have the exact same trophy list?

Thats part of the strategy. Do you start it during the fixture and take advantage of extra bronze + silver points, or do you start early and pre-load the game to pop the bigger points. It's just like any other game in any other fixture. Who knows, you might get your game all prepared and then go against an inactive player or someone on vacation and it won't matter.

Console exclusives could screw some people (me included) but so far it looks like we only have 2-3 of those (not including ps3 only). It's just like how a person with a vita has a much larger pool of VNs to draw from during a normal fixture. If it turns out too unbalanced the admins can make more changes for the following seasons.

Question: would TLOU ps3 count if TLOU:Remastered is chosen, since they have the exact same trophy list?

Does ReMastered contain the DLC? If so, I would think we would have to not count the DLC trophies, in the event those with just TLOU don't have the DLC. But otherwise, if the trophy lists were the same, I would think it wouldn't matter.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I get that it's part of the strategy, I've used that strategy multiple times, but when you're given double the points, it's not balanced. There's nothing anyone can do about that, unless they happen to have two plats ready to pop.

Also, they already answered that question. If it's the same trophy list, both versions count.

Well, the remastered version has easier dlc trophies, those multiplayer trophies on ps3 you had to get atleast 3 downs and not die in the whole match. But for the remastered version you just have to get 5 downs and you get the trophy

Edited by HcG Clawz

Well see the thing is I wanted to create a system that tries to limit the advantages of golden games while sticking with the ideal premise of the golden game system because that premise is what sold me on me idea. It would be messed up of me to tell Hemiak his idea is solid then go and make the golden game system different from what I said was a good idea without even trying his idea first. This is why I'm trying to stress to everyone that next season is the trial run for it to see if it will work and see if any changes to the system need to be made.

Yeah there maybe fixtures where someone doesn't have a golden game but there are also a plethora of non-golden games and the rules for those are more lenient than golden games so a person would still have a great chance since golden games are lengthy games

I originally did consider randomly choosing the golden game before each fixture instead of what it is currently but I felt this went against the premise we are going for. With choosing it randomly it could just completely blindside a person who was exactly ready to start it yet, that wouldn't be the case if I have that info available beforehand. As for saving plats/trophies people have been doing this since the league started. Yeah golden games are double points but golden will take some time so doing that could hinder that person in other rounds trying to save that plat for the right fixture

As you said the things you mention may not matter and what I said may not either but that is kind of my point here there are too many what ifs and unknowns. This is why I want everyone to just bare with me and let us see how this system works out. Once we actually see how things work out we will have a better understanding of how this works and make changes accordingly dood

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 4

Meanwhile...

The regular season ends in just over four hours, and those in the top spots will be planning what to do for the CWC while the rest of us are busy preparing for Season 9.  I, for one, am excited to see how I will fare on the final Bronze League standings.    Especially since with the people retiring are making it so the Top 7 in Bronze will move up Silver.  I am torn, because on the one hand, Bronze is kind of my home.  I have been in Bronze longer than most, and earning Bronze trophies is kind of my thing.  But on the other hand, maybe being in the Silver League (if I'm lucky enough to get promoted) will change my luck and I'll become the Silver Guy instead of the Bronze Boy.

Anyway, I'm just rambling to lower the density of Golden Game talk.  Golden Game this,  blah blah Golden Game.  I won't worry about Golden Game planning until it comes.  And I doubt I'll be buying games just for the chance at double points.  I'm broke, and all my money has to go to my future move to the Sunshine State.

• Like 1