Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

I finished setting up Dust for the Plat Rain event and beat Guacamelee, which is a superb game, over the weekend. I'll be doing some side stuff on there today but since whoadreader got 2 plats this fixture I'm pretty sure my loss is assured. Glad I was able to get a decent score at least doods

That's just cold. I am really trying this season, too.

Also, to Prinny-dood, in the leaderboard I am listed as melingual. I think it would nice if you would specify which lingual it is. I know I am 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7; but others may want to know which one they are facing.

Whoa don't know how I missed this post, it is fixed now. I'm sorry it took this long to reply dood

• Like 1

I gotta say, while the 7 day fixtures have been better because of being involved in other community events, the league has certainly taken a hit in terms of activity. Im just gonna assume its because of trophy fatigue, its been a long year and hopefully there'll be a rejuvenation after the christmas special. 

That or this place is dead in the water. ;) 

I gotta say, while the 7 day fixtures have been better because of being involved in other community events, the league has certainly taken a hit in terms of activity. Im just gonna assume its because of trophy fatigue, its been a long year and hopefully there'll be a rejuvenation after the christmas special. 

That or this place is dead in the water. ;)

We just don't have the talkers like we used to.

We just don't have the talkers like we used to.

Very true, which I attribute to the fatigue. Idk, this place was a round for a few seasons before me, was it ever this quiet at any point? Maybe it just needs a completely new idea, or maybe do a season of teams like the xmas special is doing. Something to attract the more vocal community members. 

Very true, which I attribute to the fatigue. Idk, this place was a round for a few seasons before me, was it ever this quiet at any point? Maybe it just needs a completely new idea, or maybe do a season of teams like the xmas special is doing. Something to attract the more vocal community members. 

I don't remember it being quiet at any point. I think it's just the inundation of all kinds of unique and diverse events. Prior to the Events subforum,  it was either THL, SeaTK, or Rare Trophy Hunters as the only choices. (There used to be a Team Trophy Hunters, but it died out after one season. Not due to popularity, but I think the league runner didn't have the time for it.)

Once the site got inundated with events after the creation of the subforum, there were more choices, more events, more diversity, the numbers here started to dwindle. I think this is more the reason than anything else. There are more choices for events, and more events geared towards certain games, or certain types of trophies, whereas this is just general accumulation of trophies.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Well I think it has been more quiet this season due to the fixtures being longer and since most of the more talkative members retired. Fatigue could also be the reason too, that is kind of why I haven't been as active as I was in previous seasons. Even though it has been quieter this season I wouldn't really say this thread is dead since there is still some chatter during fixtures, it isn't like the Rare Trophy League where no one would literally post for weeks and it would be just post of us posting the scores for that week.

A season of teams would be an interesting idea although instead of having it where teams are all going against each other at once we could keep the fixture format and have a team go against another team like a pro sport then each league champion go against each other to determine the champion like the CWC if people would interested in that. I'll be looking for feedback though and with the lengthy break that will be time to come up with something doods

So anyone seen a good anime/movie lately?

I posted a message in the PRD thread to notify all the participants about the Christmas special (aaaaand maybe also to vote for the second option in the poll :ninja: ). A few people joined and if they like it, they may join season 12 too.

• Like 2

I posted a message in the PRD thread to notify all the participants about the Christmas special (aaaaand maybe also to vote for the second option in the poll :ninja: ). A few people joined and if they like it, they may join season 12 too.

So what are the details of the Christmas special?

I don't remember it being quiet at any point. I think it's just the inundation of all kinds of unique and diverse events. Prior to the Events subforum,  it was either THL, SeaTK, or Rare Trophy Hunters as the only choices. (There used to be a Team Trophy Hunters, but it died out after one season. Not due to popularity, but I think the league runner didn't have the time for it.)

Once the site got inundated with events after the creation of the subforum, there were more choices, more events, more diversity, the numbers here started to dwindle. I think this is more the reason than anything else. There are more choices for events, and more events geared towards certain games, or certain types of trophies, whereas this is just general accumulation of trophies.

Well I think it has been more quiet this season due to the fixtures being longer and since most of the more talkative members retired. Fatigue could also be the reason too, that is kind of why I haven't been as active as I was in previous seasons. Even though it has been quieter this season I wouldn't really say this thread is dead since there is still some chatter during fixtures, it isn't like the Rare Trophy League where no one would literally post for weeks and it would be just post of us posting the scores for that week.

A season of teams would be an interesting idea although instead of having it where teams are all going against each other at once we could keep the fixture format and have a team go against another team like a pro sport then each league champion go against each other to determine the champion like the CWC if people would interested in that. I'll be looking for feedback though and with the lengthy break that will be time to come up with something doods

Stupid sexy subforum...

But yeah, once that lame ass plat rain day event ends (:awesome:), I imagine people will be looking for their competitive trophy fix. I like the pro sport idea, and it would really add a competitive/comradery nature to the league that seems to be a bit absent right now. We'll see what happens after the xmas break but thats definitely something I'd be interested in. 

Stupid sexy subforum...

But yeah, once that lame ass plat rain day event ends ( :awesome:), I imagine people will be looking for their competitive trophy fix. I like the pro sport idea, and it would really add a competitive/comradery nature to the league that seems to be a bit absent right now. We'll see what happens after the xmas break but thats definitely something I'd be interested in. 

What pro sport idea? I am not privy to this. I MUST BE PRIVY TO THIS!

What pro sport idea? I am not privy to this. I MUST BE PRIVY TO THIS!

Prinny mentioned it just below your post up there :P 

For some strange reason I've felt the urge to watch the Fast and Furious series. I had only watched the first 2 YEARS ago, so I've rewatched all up to the 4th one. The acting is borderline atrocious especially in the first one, but its enjoyable. I heard the series really picks up with 4,5,6 and 7 so Im excited to watch those now. 

Also good job on spreading the THL word :D

I think the idea of doing a team based season is interesting and might be a nice change of pace to spice things up a little. I would want to keep the fixture model though and not just be all teams competing against each other all at once. We would have to figure out the details like how many teams and how the teams are determined. Would each league just be broken into small teams and compete against each other or would we ignore the current leagues for just this season and have the teams be made up from every participant and create a whole new bracket or something? For example, a team might have a member from the current Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze leagues or a mix of leagues. This could create some interesting pairings and get people to interact more with people they might not be as familiar with. Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly, just an idea. Also, I'm assuming we wouldn't have any promotions/relegations during this special season, correct?

As for it being quite lately, I'm not a big trash talker since I'm one of the new guys. Plus, I don't really want to light a fire in my opponent and motivate them to come back and beat me with a wave of points at the end of the fixture. Guess I'm more comfortable being in the overlooked underdog role that sneaks up on people. :ninja:

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

I think the idea of doing a team based season is interesting and might be a nice change of pace to spice things up a little. I would want to keep the fixture model though and not just be all teams competing against each other all at once. We would have to figure out the details like how many teams and how the teams are determined. Would each league just be broken into small teams and compete against each other or would we ignore the current leagues for just this season and have the teams be made up every participant and create a whole new bracket or something? For example, a team might have a member from the current Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze leagues or a mix of leagues. This could create some interesting pairings and get people to interact more with people they might not be as familiar with. Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly, just an idea. Also, I'm assuming we wouldn't have any promotions/relegations during this special season, correct?

As for it being quite lately, I'm not a big trash talker since I'm one of the new guys. Plus, I don't really want to light a fire in my opponent and motivate them to come back and beat me with a wave of points at the end of the fixture. Guess I'm more comfortable being in the overlooked underdog role.  :ninja:

I agree with your first part in that it would pretty much change the foundation of the league in terms of promotions and relegations. I'm sure it'll be figured out.

As for your second point, you shoulda been there when I first joined, that was peak banter. Bronze league was arguably the most entertaining that season if I do say so myself. ;)

• Like 1

I think the idea of doing a team based season is interesting and might be a nice change of pace to spice things up a little. I would want to keep the fixture model though and not just be all teams competing against each other all at once. We would have to figure out the details like how many teams and how the teams are determined. Would each league just be broken into small teams and compete against each other or would we ignore the current leagues for just this season and have the teams be made up from every participant and create a whole new bracket or something? For example, a team might have a member from the current Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze leagues or a mix of leagues. This could create some interesting pairings and get people to interact more with people they might not be as familiar with. Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly, just an idea. Also, I'm assuming we wouldn't have any promotions/relegations during this special season, correct?

As for it being quite lately, I'm not a big trash talker since I'm one of the new guys. Plus, I don't really want to light a fire in my opponent and motivate them to come back and beat me with a wave of points at the end of the fixture. Guess I'm more comfortable being in the overlooked underdog role that sneaks up on people. :ninja:

Yeah I understand what you are asking, I would need to think about this more and possibly discuss this with the admins before I could answer those questions though as I'm still wrapping my head around all the possibilities of this idea dood

Yeah I understand what you are asking, I would need to think about this more and possibly discuss this with the admins before I could answer those questions though as I'm still wrapping my head around all the possibilities of this idea dood

Cool, I wasn't expecting an immediate answer. Just curious and the thought came to mind so figured I would throw the idea out for discussion. Hadn't given it in-depth thought myself. I'm just assuming a team season would be a one time special thing where normal things like promotions/relegations are on hold. If that's the case I was just wondering why restrict the teams to being members of the same league and playing the same usual people you normally play? Unless we wanted to do something where say the Bronze league team champs could win the CWC and win bragging rights for the entire Bronze league I guess.

Off topic, but I have a question about a game. I was looking through my backlog for games to play in this upcoming break and just wanted some clarification on Back to the Future and if it counts or not. I searched the thread and it was discussed before but the rules change and I just wanted to be sure. The physical release is one list and meets the time requirement (barely) but the digital version is broken into separate lists for each episode. Those obviously don't qualify on their own. So does the physical version count while the digital version doesn't? Do both count or do neither qualify?

Sorry this post is so long, but I have a lot of people to quote.

I was in the league for seasons 2-5/8 and while there were some short periods where the league was dead, it's never been quite this bad. I think the seven-day fixtures is part of the problem but also because a lot of the earlier competitors aren't in the league anymore. I did a small amount of banter with my opponents while I was in the league, but now I don't really have a reason to post here most of the time.

Apparently there was a team league before I started trophy hunting competitively, but it died after one or two seasons. Last year TheLastSurvivor overtook the team league with me counting the scores. There was supposed to be a second season, but not enough teams joined. If there was enough interest in the league, I would've taken over the team league myself.

A season of teams sounds interesting, but I think rather than replace the individual league for a season, there should be a side league for teams. I remember one of the earlier seasons when there was the league of champions running alongside the league of trophy hunters, so I don't think it would be that hard to do something like that again. I have some ideas about how this'll work and would even run it if people are interested (can't participate in it sadly), but the team league's format would depend on how many people are in the league next season. Hopefully the holiday special will gain some interest in the league.

So what are the details of the Christmas special?

I'm not sure if you figured this out already since you joined the event, but the Christmas Special is an annual event that I made to:

A. Give the admins a break from counting scores.

B. Give people in the league something to do while waiting for the next season.

C. Give the league some publicity and attract trophy hunters who are unable to compete in the league full-time (like me!).

The main rules of the event are similar to running a single extended fixture of the league. The only difference is that you'll be on a team. While the teams aren't random, you won't know who's on your team until after registration closes, so it's a little different from the team league in that regard. After the "fixture" is over, scores will be counted, and the team with the most points wins! To keep the holiday special interesting, I've decided to add special rules each year. This year's happen to be the golden game and the rule where each trophy's score is multiplied by the number of team members who have that trophy, but I've already thought of the rules for 2016 (which are completely different and you'll find out on my birthday next year).

I've been watching Fist of the North Star the past week and a half. It's a lot better than I expected it to be.

I was thinking a cool way to choose teams would be to have the members of the platinum league next season draft members from the other leagues. The number one person in the platinum league would choose someone from gold, silver, and bronze, then the number two person, three, and so on.

Edited by jem12345

I've been watching Fist of the North Star the past week and a half. It's a lot better than I expected it to be.

I was thinking a cool way to choose teams would be to have the members of the platinum league next season draft members from the other leagues. The number one person in the platinum league would choose someone from gold, silver, and bronze, then the number two person, three, and so on.

Nice.

Wouldn't the #1 just choose the highest-scoring player from each League and create an unbeatable all-stars team?

Hmm that's an interesting idea and could create lots of banter. You could do a snake draft where the captains pick 1 player per turn and go 1-8 then back 8-1 to make picks fairer. There is the risk of someone's feelings getting hurt from being picked last but I would see that as motivation to prove those people who didn't pick me were wrong.

Nice.

Wouldn't the #1 just choose the highest-scoring player from each League and create an unbeatable all-stars team?

I was thinking this, and the only buffer I can think of is to put gold, silver, and bronze in a random generator for each platinum "team captain" and have him or her pick from one league the first go around, one league the next, and then the last. This still means that the last team is likely to be one of the worst, but I think the top contenders of the platinum league deserve to have first picks on team members.