Going for DLC trophies in 2023 (Mini guide)

servus99

Hi there,

In this thread I want to summarize the information needed to get dlc trophies in 2023.

I have played this game with a friend for the past 2 months, going for the dlc trophies. We had both gotten the platinum in 2017-2018 and just needed to clean up dlc.

Most importantly these ones were missing:

Seal the Deal - Complete a Triumph Seal.
Fashion Statement - Complete a Collections Badge.
Exotique - Collect 10 Forsaken Exotic weapons or armor.
Darkness Falls - Defeat a Forsaken Nightfall Boss.
Wishing for the Best - Complete the "Last Wish" Raid.

GUIDE
So let's start with the stuff we learned (This game doesnt explain a lot, and stuff changes every week, making info outdated very fast).

Triumph Seal / Collections Badge:
If you need both trophies, I recommend you do the "Cursebreaker" Triumph Seal (it revolves around completing PVE stuff in Dreaming city) and the "Dreaming City Collections Badge" (for this you need to get a lot of Dreaming city stuff). These fit very well, since for the triumph seal you will need to do a lot of the stuff anyway, so it goes hand in hand.
If you are only missing the triumph seal, you can go for the PVP seal called "Dredgen", but I imagine it is hard without boosting. If you only need the collection, I heard some Earth collections are quicker than the Dreaming city one.

The "Cursebreaker" triumph seal will take you a minimum of 6 weeks, since you will need to all 6 ascendant challenges (just beat them, no need for speedrun times) in order to get two things:
a.) the title/emblem, it is an item for the Dreaming City Collection (Collection Badge trophy)
b.) all collectible eggs and bones in each of the 6 trials (for these collectibles you need the Wishender Bow btw, so get it asap).
One part of the Cursebreaker title says get all Collection badge armor on one character at one time. So it might be good to not dismantle it (Reverie Dawn Armor stuff...), but we got that part of the title, even though we didnt have all armor in the inventory at once, so I dont know, but better be safe. Also we only needed to collect all armor on ONE character, not all three.

Collections Badge:
Some items only drop by chance during a mission (weekly missions from Petra Venj), some items only drop in ascendant challenges, some only drop in Shattered throne dungeon. 
If you need to know where to get certain parts of the collection, check this link:
Maybe this one, as well.

Raid & Nightfall strike:
The raid you can play at any time, and you are probably wise to look for good players via discord or destiny servers that can help you here. Remember to get the Wishender Bow before doing the raid so you can collect the collectibles in the raid and dont have to play it twice (you can teleport to all collectibles except one via Wall of Wishes in the Raid).
The strike is a different beast.
It has to be a Nightfall strike, which means you are recommended to be 1770 or higher (we were only on 1765 but had one good random). And it has to be one of two specific Forsaken strikes (we did "Sedia" aka "The Corrupted", see the PSNP dlc guide for the other one). This can take 5-6 weeks to be in rotation, so plan accordingly!! (season might end, etc.)

Exotique Trophy (10 Forsaken Exotics):
You have to get the Wishender Bow (btw, get it asap to minimize replays) for the other trophies, so you'll have to get 9 more exotics. Xur has a couple exotics every week, but only has a Forsaken item once in a few weeks. His engram can give you one as well though if you are lucky (you can buy that engram only once a week, because second purchase costs something you wont have).
The other way to easily get them by engrams is to play PVP (3 matches of Gambit gives you an exo engram, and 3 matches of Crucible does as well).
Doing this with all 3 characters, you have 6 chances per week this way as well.
For Xurs locations check this link here, he comes every Friday evening (Europe time):

Collectibles (Eggs and Bones) Video:
Spoiler

Recommended roadmap:

0. Weekly update is one Tuesday 7pm, XUR is there from Friday evening until update (europe time)
1. Play Shattered Throne Dungeon and get Wishender Bow asap (access to collectibles)
2. Every week: Play the weekly missions (get them from Lady Petra Venj in Dreaming city) and play the ascendant challenge, get collectibles with Bow in each of the two. Do this with multiple chars to maximize chances of drops for the collection badge items.
3. Every week: Do the PVP free exo engrams and get everything you can from XUR (feel free to spend all purple shards, you get them by dismantling guns so you ll have a lot).
4. Every week: Check for Nightfall strike. If it is there (Sedia The corrupted or the other one), get carried by pros or make sure you are close to 1770.
5. Every week: Check if you can access the Queens Keep or whatever it is called. It is a part of the title seal, and it has collectibles in it. You can only go there every 3rd week iirc, when the stars align, and after getting the offering by doing the quest/bounty from the lady Petra Venj.
6. Get carried through the raid, get the collectibles there.
7. Get open world collectibles, finish the Triumph Seal / title.

Hope this helps future players... it annoyed us having to research every little bit in this game from a trophyhunter's perspective, so we hope you dont have to after reading this.

EDIT: I will make updates if some other things come to my mind, but this should be it for now...

Edited by servus99
  • Like 2

Maybe some things to add. The wishender bow you get from an exotic quest. I am not 100% sure anymore were we got that from but likely from the tower somewhere. 

In between the vaults where you can store items in the tower there is a console we’re we were able to buy 1 exotic weapon with something called „forsaken Chiffre“. We had 3 of those but only 1 off the offered weapons counts for the 10 forsaken exotics. The chiffren we got as part of the currently going anniversary and we do not know for how long they still will be available. As of right now there is no way of getting more chiffren.

if you have an exotic engramm with you you can go in your inventory and press triangle on it. This will show you which items you can get and which ones you already got. As long as you are still missing items from this pool you will never get duplicates. Sonic you want to estimate your chances for getting a forsaken one this is a good way. Also as of now there are about 86 exotics in the game. But for me only about 20 were available in this engramms. So potentially you can only get exotics from add ones that you bought from them. This would mean if you just want the trophies avoid buying any other dlc as it would decrease your chance for a forsaken exotic.

on the collections badge your only need to finish the collection for 1 class. 

i got platinum when the game released and autopop worked even tho trophies changed since then and I had to delete 2 of my characters. If you have an of character that you never touched since it’s likely you have to make a new one too since the game will keep kicking you out every 2-3 minutes.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For some reason, completing the steps for Wish-Ender quest (dunking the 3 orbs) and obtaining the bow unlocked the 15 Forsaken Exotics before the 10.

Also, there are reports that for Seal the Deal that the Glorious seal also pops the trophy. You will have to play PvP for that one though.

Edited by Meacheor

2 hours ago, Meacheor said:

For some reason, completing the steps for Wish-Ender quest (dunking the 3 orbs) and obtaining the bow unlocked the 15 Forsaken Exotics before the 10.

Yeah, it did that for us too. And the 10 one unlocked for me with just 6 forsaken exotics incl. Wish-ender. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2023 at 8:24 PM, Meacheor said:

Also, there are reports that for Seal the Deal that the Glorious seal also pops the trophy. You will have to play PvP for that one though.

exactly what happened to me. thanks for sharing this!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MushuMixLipa said:

If that's the case I'll redownload it. How long does a seasonal seal take?

I can say maybe a few days of doing the events, killing with certain weapons, etc. Winter season is finishing in a couple days I think, you may wait to the next one, maybe easter?

4 hours ago, breakXedge said:

I can say maybe a few days of doing the events, killing with certain weapons, etc. Winter season is finishing in a couple days I think, you may wait to the next one, maybe easter?

So lets assume you do the seasonal seal, what collections badge would you recommend, then? (I remember the Seal and badge went in hand in hand if doing the stuff I mentioned in the OP)

9 minutes ago, servus99 said:

So lets assume you do the seasonal seal, what collections badge would you recommend, then? (I remember the Seal and badge went in hand in hand if doing the stuff I mentioned in the OP)

Uhm they don't go together. I'm doing the Europa explorer collection because it seems easy enough and I already have half of them.

Seal the Deal just popped for me for earning the Star Baker title which was ridiculously easy and fast to complete. Even if you were to start today from scratch I’m sure you can still complete it. Just complete the 15 tasks (killing enemies with different powers, completing 10 gambit/crucible matches, baking 50 cookies…), equip the title and you are done.

No need to go for the other stuff (delivering 100 cookies, killing enemies with the seasonal weapons…). Now just two more exotic cyphers to go and I can complete my Collections badge for the final DLC trophy.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:44 PM, kapitein said:

Seal the Deal just popped for me for earning the Star Baker title which was ridiculously easy and fast to complete. Even if you were to start today from scratch I’m sure you can still complete it. Just complete the 15 tasks (killing enemies with different powers, completing 10 gambit/crucible matches, baking 50 cookies…), equip the title and you are done.

No need to go for the other stuff (delivering 100 cookies, killing enemies with the seasonal weapons…). Now just two more exotic cyphers to go and I can complete my Collections badge for the final DLC trophy.

perfect, thanks very much. 

Up until Tuesdays reset you can earn "Darkness Falls" if not, then it will be another 6 weeks until it is in rotation.
There will be a little longer to do it this season as this season is ongoing all the way until June with the recent delay but until Tuesday you have time to earn that trophy.

Who knows when it will be when you can collect that trophy again after this season.

• Like 2

I'm a bit lost as I have not played for a few years. I found the Corrupted Strike but I can't see to find the nightfall strike for it. Where can I find the Nightfall version?

Also I tried using the Fireteam Finder but the option is locked and says you have to be rank 5 but I am already rank 5.

Edited by lordzeze

10 hours ago, lordzeze said:

I'm a bit lost as I have not played for a few years. I found the Corrupted Strike but I can't see to find the nightfall strike for it. Where can I find the Nightfall version?

Also I tried using the Fireteam Finder but the option is locked and says you have to be rank 5 but I am already rank 5.

So if you go onto the Vanguard ops section on Navigation you'll have 3 nodes. One at the top which is the basic playlist, one bottom left which is the weekly Nightfall and then you have the right side which is Grandmasters.

The one you want is bottom left, play it on hero and you will find a team to do it with as it is matchmaking.

19 hours ago, Meacheor said:

So if you go onto the Vanguard ops section on Navigation you'll have 3 nodes. One at the top which is the basic playlist, one bottom left which is the weekly Nightfall and then you have the right side which is Grandmasters.

The one you want is bottom left, play it on hero and you will find a team to do it with as it is matchmaking.

Thanks, it was locked for me as I was only power level 1600 so I had to quickly grind to get to 1750 but I managed to get there tonight and I completed the Nightfall.

Kinda wished I started a day or 2 earlier so I would have had enough time to get the Star Baker title. Seemed by far the easiest seal to complete.

48 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Thanks, it was locked for me as I was only power level 1600 so I had to quickly grind to get to 1750 but I managed to get there tonight and I completed the Nightfall.

Kinda wished I started a day or 2 earlier so I would have had enough time to get the Star Baker title. Seemed by far the easiest seal to complete.

Now any seasonal seal is a walk in the park. I did it with the halloween one and it was just playing some matches here and there and killing with selected weapons. I think you should now wait until easter, maybe, and get that one (if tehre's one in easter, idk).

• Like 1

regarding the Fashion statment trophy: i want to complete the Destination: Dreaming City Badge and already got some weaopons from this collection via Quests or Ascendant Challenges but they dont register for this badge. they are the same weapon but do have a different symbol on the top left. My weapons have the current Season of the Wish-symbol and i dont believe that you can get the weapons with the approriate symbol from the badge. How is this possible? 

my weapons

https://ibb.co/SVp3DRf

the badge list

https://ibb.co/NtGtPg4

6 hours ago, Razor3301 said:

regarding the Fashion statment trophy: i want to complete the Destination: Dreaming City Badge and already got some weaopons from this collection via Quests or Ascendant Challenges but they dont register for this badge. they are the same weapon but do have a different symbol on the top left. My weapons have the current Season of the Wish-symbol and i dont believe that you can get the weapons with the approriate symbol from the badge. How is this possible? 

my weapons

https://ibb.co/SVp3DRf

the badge list

https://ibb.co/NtGtPg4

So with these weapons, the issue is, they're a reissue of a reissue of a reissue. Last year, they brought these weapons back due to the originals being sunset (capped light level) so the badge list you are seeing is what they updated them to.

Then again with the current season, they've reissued them AGAIN with a new perk pool and basically adding in origin perks mainly due to them changing the Blind Well.

It's more than likely just an oversight on Bungies behalf and will have to wait until they fix it, if they even notice it. If those versions don't drop anywhere then that badge is currently unobtainable

You more than likely won't be able to complete the badge for this reason until they fix it.
Beyond light/europa is probably the easier one to complete at this current time.

If Fashion statement is currently tied to Forsaken only like Seal the Deal WAS then the only available one would be the Forsaken Exotics, which are all easy to obtain except One Thousand Voices which is a Last Wish completion drop (providing you have a key)

Edited by Meacheor

• 2 weeks later...

If it’s ever fixed for the reissued weapons to count towards it, the Dreaming City badge would probably be the easiest one to get for the trophy. It was easy to obtain back in the day and all gear on it is still in game.

As others have already said, the Europa badge is probably the easiest one after the Dreaming City badge. The armor and legendary weapons are easy to get. The ship, shaders and emblems are each tied to specific triumphs in the Europa destination, so it’s easy to track progress on those. The Lament and Salvation’s Grip are each rewards for completing a quest. Cloudstrike is a random drop from Empire Hunts, unless Bungie changed it. But you have to do Empire Hunts anyway for other things on the badge so hopefully you get lucky before finishing up those triumphs.