Trophies bugging and popping extremely early / progress!

Part of me feels dirty for logging in and this bug giving me my final 3 trophies for Platinum.

However, initially when 500 shocks and 500 sacrifices popped for me I was t even aware of the bug, just wanted to play.

I think I got 15isg trophies for this but. What annoys me is some I nearly had anyway, like I had to perform 30-50 of an action and had like 5 tops left to do and this big popped them all. Ah well, least now when 18/08 hits I can safely ditch this game for a while knowing I have my second Assymetrical Platinum.

Now to grind out the 50 Raider matches to finish Dragon Ball; The Breakers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Part of me feels dirty for logging in and this bug giving me my final 3 trophies for Platinum.

However, initially when 500 shocks and 500 sacrifices popped for me I was t even aware of the bug, just wanted to play.

I think I got 15isg trophies for this but. What annoys me is some I nearly had anyway, like I had to perform 30-50 of an action and had like 5 tops left to do and this big popped them all. Ah well, least now when 18/08 hits I can safely ditch this game for a while knowing I have my second Assymetrical Platinum.

Now to grind out the 50 Raider matches to finish Dragon Ball; The Breakers 

How many times did you have to log in? I have some progress on pretty much all trophies, but only three popped so far. From what I've read here the trophies from the latest two dlc packs aren't popping

31 minutes ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

How many times did you have to log in? I have some progress on pretty much all trophies, but only three popped so far. From what I've read here the trophies from the latest two dlc packs aren't popping

Outside of normal play, (the bug is still active so I’m gaining progress just from naturally playing this and other games), I believe I did it 4 times and popped multiple trophies from it.

It’s mildly frustrating as some of those trophies I only had a few actions left to do for each of them, I’d have much rather earned them, but meh. Before the bug I was sat at 170/221, so I’m not going to complain too much at being given some grindy stuff for free

• Like 1

I just wish there was a way we could opt out of auto pops and have it be a choice. I know I’m in the minority that was actually enjoying going for these trophies so just feels like a lot of time down the drain. I’m happy for everyone else though 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Craggle95 said:

I just wish there was a way we could opt out of auto pops and have it be a choice. I know I’m in the minority that was actually enjoying going for these trophies so just feels like a lot of time down the drain. I’m happy for everyone else though 

Yeah, I agree. Really enjoyed going for it again on PS5 (almost got all trophies before auto-popping became a thing). Nevertheless, I'm glad that the Huntress hatchet down trophy got its remaining 41 in progress. Got 59 through natural gameplay on PS5 and got it on PS4 a few years back. A bit sad that every other trophy auto-popped though...

• Like 1

It’s definitely weird. It took me ages to legit get the Platinum on PS4, Nurse absolutely sucked haha. 

I’d done all the Base game survivor trophies on PS5, and after a friend got the PS5 platinum legit recently, it made me think “Maybe I should go for it”. I probably wasn’t going to bother, as it’s such a pain playing Killer now. But then the other night, every base Killer trophy except “Mori 4 Survivors” trophy auto popped. So that made me go for a Myers “Kill everyone” match. But after only Mori-ing two of them, boom, 4 killed, and that was the PS5 Platinum done. 

Oh well ?

• Like 1

On 2023-07-26 at 2:31 AM, SnakeSound222 said:

The amount your progress increases by changes the longer you do this for until it only goes up by one. I have one trophy left right now (Tear Their Soul Apart) and the counter is only going up by one. If you want to get every progress trophy unlocked, you could easily be doing this for over an hour.

Not for me. It stayed consistent. Are you sure that the counter that only goes up by one isn’t an action that you only did once legit?

Thats how it was for me so I just went for another killer game so that I’d have 5 legit & then it went up quicker by +5 instead of 1

On 7/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

Theres so many server issues, crashes and bugs and DC penalties exist, so if the game crashes consistently through no fault of your own, then you get DC penalties, they’re ignoring these issues and instead pushing sales on Nic Cage, new cosmetics etc.

The dev’s are literally ignoring absolutely gamebreaking bugs and BANNING people off of their official forums who bring them up. Fuck supporting BHVR anymore.

Texas Chainsaw can’t come soon enough. 

Dude I totally feel this. I got banned several times while I was playing this a lot and it PISSED me off. All were from disconnects, never from me intentionally griefing/quitting. 

Smite has the same issue for ranked play. These devs just take our money for DLCs but don’t resolve massive bugs/network/server issues like this. This is where I think regulatory organizations should exist to keep companies accountable and honest. Yet they rake in millions and refuse to fix core issues.

Anyway, rant over. Hopefully this will still be a thing by early next week, I’ll be gone all weekend camping. Appreciate the heads up about this!

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92
  • Like 1

I'm finding the trophies are bugged towards autopopping since I thought I'd try before work for having platinumed it on PS4 already. The trick for some unlocking is to quit the application than reload for others taking time, though I'm still waiting for the remaining 2 for main trophy list to unlock for getting 4 sacrifices in a match & 4 kills in a single match to unlock the platinum. Strange how it's having difficulties. Even some of the new DLCs which I got half of the trophies for still aren't popping on PS5. 

2 minutes ago, shoutingzombie said:

I'm finding the trophies are bugged towards autopopping since I thought I'd try before work for having platinumed it on PS4 already. The trick for some unlocking is to quit the application than reload for others taking time, though I'm still waiting for the remaining 2 for main trophy list to unlock for getting 4 sacrifices in a match & 4 kills in a single match to unlock the platinum. Strange how it's having difficulties. Even some of the new DLCs which I got half of the trophies for still aren't popping on PS5. 

I found that the trophies that need to be completed in a single match e.g 4 sacrifices in a single match, 4 kills in a single match, teleport to your Phantasm traps and hit all 4 individual survivors at least once (my last trophy for the platinum) all won't unlock as they need to be done in a single match vs say hit survivors with a hatchet 1000 times.

• Like 1

From a bit of experimentation, what appears to be happening on the PS5 version is that the progress from PS4 is added to your total each time you boot up the game (past the Initilisation Completed message). I think the PS4 version is doing the opposite and adding the PS5 progress, and it appears to be an attempt by the devs (a bad one) to allow migration from one version to the other carrying over your statistics and already popped trophies.

Please don't support Texas Chainsaw at all after what the devs did to Friday the 13th.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The_Diablo_436 said:

Not for me. It stayed consistent. Are you sure that the counter that only goes up by one isn’t an action that you only did once legit?

Thats how it was for me so I just went for another killer game so that I’d have 5 legit & then it went up quicker by +5 instead of 1

It was, I was just so used to everything popping so quickly that I forgot about how it really worked.

11 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

From a bit of experimentation, what appears to be happening on the PS5 version is that the progress from PS4 is added to your total each time you boot up the game (past the Initilisation Completed message). I think the PS4 version is doing the opposite and adding the PS5 progress, and it appears to be an attempt by the devs (a bad one) to allow migration from one version to the other carrying over your statistics and already popped trophies.

Please don't support Texas Chainsaw at all after what the devs did to Friday the 13th.

Im ready for Texas Chainsaw  ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

I only have ps5 stack on my list so it's defo not that.

So far from my experience on the ps4 ver on ps5. 

I haven't been able to pop a trophy yet, but I'm hopping just sitting here and reloading the game will do so. I don't get stuck on initializing profile and am able to load into games and play. I've been playing this game far too long and getting those protection hits will save me a lot of trouble lol

On 7/28/2023 at 3:52 AM, Executioner0 said:

What does Texas Chainsaw and F13 have to do with Dead by Daylight? Also, Texas Chainsaw and F13 do not have the same developers, so I'm not sure what you're on about. They share the same publisher, yes, but Sumo, the sole development team of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, has nothing to do with F13.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

What does Texas Chainsaw and F13 have to do with Dead by Daylight? Also, Texas Chainsaw and F13 do not have the same developers, so I'm not sure what you're on about. They share the same publisher, yes, but Sumo, the sole development team of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, has nothing to do with F13.

And gun was the publisher of Friday the 13th aswell and yet it was gun not illfonic that was doing the patches and ended up breaking the game. So it's a pretty logical conclusion that we would be worried about anything gun related and not illfonic or sumo related because when guns not involved things seem to not break as badly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

it was gun not illfonic that was doing the patches and ended up breaking the game

Where are your sources on this? Patches are usually created by developers and then distributed by publishers. That players got their stats maxed out was an announcement made by both Illfonic and Gun, thus clearly indicating that Illfonic was part of this as well. Not sure why everyone's criticising Gun and not Illfonic.

And I ask again, what does this have to do with Dead by Daylight (question for @Executioner0)? A random comment in a thread for a very different game developed and published by a very different company.

Edited by gameoncomrade
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Where are your sources on this? Patches are usually created by developers and then distributed by publishers. That players got their stats maxed out was an announcement made by both Illfonic and Gun, thus clearly indicating that Illfonic was part of this as well. Not sure why everyone's criticising Gun and not Illfonic.

And I ask again, what does this have to do with Dead by Daylight (question for @Executioner0)? A random comment in a thread for a very different game developed and published by a very different company.

From the horses mouth at gun media which there's been numerous posts about? Screen shots of emails, tweets, ect? It's not exactly a secret it's gun doing it but your welcome to your views and opinions