Trophy Thoughts & Guide

1 hour ago, SamNickzx said:

I think the estimate in this thread of 35 to 40 hours is a bit off. The grind to get to level 50 will take probably closer to double that time.

It’s taking foreverrrrrrrr to level up. The first 15 levels are pretty quick but then it’s slowing down. Plus the wait time before joining another game is usually around 5 minutes because people are respecing or not readying up. It will take a while.

what’s the best way to earn xp other than executions as family or escaping as the victims?

I think the estimate in this thread of 35 to 40 hours is a bit off. The grind to get to level 50 will take probably closer to double that time.

Yes your right. This was the beta xp.

I am level 34 with 23 hours playtime. 

You need 50 hours

Edited by PoundofLife89-_-

54 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

I can't even seem to get into matches, no one seems to be online.

I guess I need to try to get in one of these boosting sessions.

Sad for the game to be dead so soon.

What ??? you joking right

Matchmaking speed is superfast....with its cross platform features all consoles and PC players playing together.

I get into matches in 5-10 seconds

May be it's your internet connectivity issue

Edited by zulqarmessi

On 8/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, Flynnerigan said:

That sounds like a mother scaremongering a child not to leave the house. Online lobbies aren't that bad. Buying a new game to boost trophies in private lobbies will never make sense to me, but each to their own.

Recency bias from my side maybe, but oh boy, you haven’t played Exoprimal then. When it was just the 100k dino kill achievement left, I got so many hatemails and abuses in chat that I had to turn them off altogether. Private lobbies would have made that game a lot more pleasant.

33 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

What ??? you joking right

Matchmaking speed is superfast....with its cross platform features all consoles and PC players playing together.

I get into matches in 5-10 seconds

May be it's your internet connectivity issue

I never had a speed issue. I always got "not enough players to start a match".  At least 50% of the time.

Is there a way to turn on/off cross play?  Maybe mine is accidentally off ??

9 minutes ago, SithLawd66 said:

Recency bias from my side maybe, but oh boy, you haven’t played Exoprimal then. When it was just the 100k dino kill achievement left, I got so many hatemails and abuses in chat that I had to turn them off altogether. Private lobbies would have made that game a lot more pleasant.

I temporarily joined the TCM discord last night to figure out if the invite party code issue was occurring for others and oh my word, the not-so-pleasant exchanges between people were nuts. 

That said, I've played about 50 public matches so far and most have been incredibly fun. It is annoying sometimes when you've got a teammate who is afk for the duration (especially killer) or when the killers are too stubborn to choose Leatherface in the lobby. 

55 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Is the Tread Softly trophy glitched? I tried getting it muliple times in private matches last night and it would not unlock.

Not glitched, worked fine for me in public. Was one of the first trophies that naturally unlocked as victim

40 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Not glitched, worked fine for me in public. Was one of the first trophies that naturally unlocked as victim

Yeah, it seems like it is the only trophy that doesn't work in private matches (besides the level 50 one of course).

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

Yea, luckily enough it's one of the easier ones to get 🙂

Gotta say I'm surprised by the kinda low popularity of this game, only 594 tracked players of the game by this site, not even making the top 10 on homepage, just a shock to me with the huge infamous horror classic title everyone knows the 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'! Really is a great game too. I love that 3 killers play, that you can work together, most other horror MP I've played are like 4v1 just the one killer having to hunt alone.  But not in this one. So yea it's interesting really worth a play for anyone on the fence about buying it 🙂

11 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Yea, luckily enough it's one of the easier ones to get 🙂

Gotta say I'm surprised by the kinda low popularity of this game, only 594 tracked players of the game by this site, not even making the top 10 on homepage, just a shock to me with the huge infamous horror classic title everyone knows the 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'! Really is a great game too. I love that 3 killers play, that you can work together, most other horror MP I've played are like 4v1 just the one killer having to hunt alone.  But not in this one. So yea it's interesting really worth a play for anyone on the fence about buying it 🙂

The trophy lists are split between NA and EU so if you combine them then it would make the top 10.  Finding a lot more Xbox players when I play though as the game is on game pass. Luckily there is crossplay so I guess it does not really matter what system people are playing it on, just that they are actually playing it.

Edited by lordzeze

2 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Is the Tread Softly trophy glitched? I tried getting it muliple times in private matches last night and it would not unlock.

Edit: Got it just now in a public match.

It's not glitched and can be earned in private

Just find the basement exit and sit on it don't move when Grandpa wakes up and have another player go do the fuse box then escape when the door opens everyone I've played with got it easily by doing that

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It's not glitched and can be earned in private

Just find the basement exit and sit on it don't move when Grandpa wakes up and have another player go do the fuse box then escape when the door opens everyone I've played with got it easily by doing that

We did that multiple times but it didn't unlock for us. Doesn't matter now as I got it today in a public match.

I also got it tonight by surprise in a public match, glad I got that out of the way if it indeed isn’t possible in private. In my match 2 killers from the Family disconnected early on, this surely helped a lot and will probably happen more often than not for you. Good luck!

2 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Is there a fast way to level up the Ultimate Esacpe ability? It seems like each match I am barely getting any XP towards it. 

Well it depends entirely upon the perk you have selected for her.

And work on it.

Just select easy ones and keep doing it.

For example I have one easy perk for her is that after crawling through gaps she will sprint faster for next 10 seconds.

2 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

Well it depends entirely upon the perk you have selected for her.

And work on it.

Just select easy ones and keep doing it.

For example I have one easy perk for her is that after crawling through gaps she will sprint faster for next 10 seconds.

So the more you level up her 3 perks the faster her ultimate escape ability will level up?

I don't really get how the XP system works for perks and abilities. Is it just based on how much match xp you get or how often you use the ablities/perks?

Edited by lordzeze

21 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

So the more you level up her 3 perks the faster her ultimate escape ability will level up?

I don't really get how the XP system works for perks and abilities. Is it just based on how much match xp you get or how often you use the ablities/perks?

Mines is almost at level 3, I noticed I get the most XP when I actually escape and use the ability quite frequently. I got 1500 XP in a match by doing that, seems like its best to play the game and try to do actions which will increase XP gain

Yea I'd like to know the actual amounts of xp each actions get, like if pick locking doors was say 100xp I might unlock a bunch more first in the basement as connie or julie before continuing, or if say cutting down bone chimes was I dunno like 40xp each I'd cut down any I see, it would just be nice to know these extra little stats to help us decide what we want to do to help us rank up quicker 🙂 (as victim. I know cook and padlocks is the winner for killers) 

EDIT: just occured to me I can find this out myself, press touchpad see your score before an action, press touchpad after action to see score increase:

Cutting down a bone chime is 25xp.

Pick locking a door is 200xp!

Edited by esstee11