Trophy Thoughts & Guide

57 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Saw a streamer at level 50 and to get to level 51 you need 608,200 XP. So you need around 590,000 XP to get to level 50.

Glad to know my goal is about 590k then taa, I'm currently 200k level 25.. third of the way there 😆

On 8/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, ElektrickRage said:

That "what will be left of you?" is obviously a homage to the stupid Friday the 13th platinum. It's like the developers rubbing the salt in. Thank god dome nice person changed the requirement for that. What will be left of you? Yes really funny. But overall it is a fun multiplayer game, I can't stop playing the family, will try survivor soon.

It's a reference to the first Texas Chainsaw film which had 'What will be left of them?' on one of its posters.

Enjoying the game but I've run into the levelling up glitch where if you leave a game early you don't get XP and skill points when you go back to the lobby. Going to have another go tonight but making sure to spectate at the end, and hopefully that will fix it (currently level 12).

On 8/23/2023 at 9:20 AM, esstee11 said:

Yea I'd like to know the actual amounts of xp each actions get, like if pick locking doors was say 100xp I might unlock a bunch more first in the basement as connie or julie before continuing, or if say cutting down bone chimes was I dunno like 40xp each I'd cut down any I see, it would just be nice to know these extra little stats to help us decide what we want to do to help us rank up quicker 🙂 (as victim. I know cook and padlocks is the winner for killers) 

EDIT: just occured to me I can find this out myself, press touchpad see your score before an action, press touchpad after action to see score increase:

Cutting down a bone chime is 25xp.

Pick locking a door is 200xp!

Stabbing grandpa gives you 500xp but you will only be awarded it once a game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICavv said:

I have 33 escapes and I am only level 20, what the hell are people doing to level up so fast? You should be awarded a large sum of xp if you escape,

I’m about to be level 30 and I will say cook seems like the best to earn XP, while he is one of the best characters defensively, you can abuse his spots and locks and they net you lots of points in long run of a game

every time you spot someone - 100 points

lock padlock - 50 points (you can do this repeatedly on the same door)

While looking for the last survivor one game I purposely did the padlock repeatedly and ended the game with 7k+ xp

• Like 1

It sucks when you have escaped and you are waiting for the others to escape but then the game times out and boots you back to the main menu so the escape does not count and you do not get any XP. Has happened a few times already.

Edited by lordzeze

18 hours ago, GCBoo_ said:

Stabbing grandpa gives you 500xp but you will only be awarded it once a game

Nice, thanks to you and this tip I've been remembering to give grandpa a crafty stab more matches 😆👍 isnt an escape only like 500XP too? Crazy should be like 1kXP to succeed the end goal 

5 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Nice, thanks to you and this tip I've been remembering to give grandpa a crafty stab more matches 😆👍 isnt an escape only like 500XP too? Crazy should be like 1kXP to succeed the end goal 

Probably the quickest way to get XP as a victim is escape from the basement at the beginning of the match, stab Grandpa and then die. Should net about 900-1000 XP per match and should only take a couple minutes at most. Waiting in lobbies will take up the majority of the time though.

3 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Probably the quickest way to get XP as a victim is escape from the basement at the beginning of the match, stab Grandpa and then die. Should net about 900-1000 XP per match and should only take a couple minutes at most. Waiting in lobbies will take up the majority of the time though.

Yea exactly lol 

Theres so many things that give you xp, but also things that cap out only allowing you to do it so many times a match. Stunning family members with Leland or with boneshards doesnt even give you much xp. You should be able to average 1000-1500 xp a game without escaping.

my biggest flaw is that I am impatient. It pays in the long run to take your time and to not rush objectives. Be smart, have a team, communicate. Its easy to want to rush especially with connie and fast maps like gas station

13 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

After playing a lot of this game yesterday I feel like the time between matches is going to make up half of the platinum time 🤣🤣

Seriously! I understand if someone has to adjust their skills and attributes but there is always at least one person who doesn’t ready up. Why? How? Are they just staring at the screen waiting for the game to start? Maybe they are on their phone? Someone explain it to me. Sorry for the rant but it is ridiculous. 

Edited by EPICRAGE

6 hours ago, Flynnerigan said:

The worst is when the killers don't want to pick Leatherface and you've got a stubborn stand-off in the lobby. 

Yeah I hate it, I love playing as Leatherface but I'd like to switch it up, but it isn't possible because 90% of the family players don't wanna be him.

On 8/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, THJamie said:

I really hope we get some double XP events.

XP is currently glitched,you don't get all xp you should get,they are investigating this issue since release, normally you should get around 14-17k per escape or 7-8k of you die but now you get fuckin 3000-4000xp

you encounter this when you see once in a while you got 14k then press X and you see again same screen but with reduced xp gain,devs said leaving after escape or death counts like a leaving during Match this will be fixed but when? I have 37lv and already tired of getting reduced xp because this glitch 

Edited by mati11120