Scripts Banned by Sony

UnleashTheGhost

So Sony (once again) updated their terms and conditions. One of the main things they changed is section 10.7, stating we're not allowed to use "automated methods, such as bots or scripts to interact with PSN content, or otherwise in connection with your Account."

So this means we can no longer use the script method for Hail to the King without the risk of the account getting banned. Unless there's a workaround to this, the best way to do it is legitimately now. Be ready for a major thumb workout 😫

I doubt that this will be "enforced" very much if at all (maybe for "bots" like the ff9 one) but how would they even be able to tell if you are using a script vs just pressing the button yourself? also what about rapid fire/modded controllers? they can be used for the same thing.

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

Seems rather token, but still something you can catch a ban over. Will be interesting to see how they enforce it, considering the things you can trick the PS3/4/5/PSP/Vita into thinking are official controllers. Hell, did the remote play app get an update along with this? Cause that's the main way people run scripts.

It's a weird thing to add because they would have to actively be tracking your profile to differentiate between natural gameplay and scripts. I'm pretty sure this is more or less intended for online play to prevent account sellers from botting a fresh account til it has enough of an in-game currency or skins that make it ready to sell.

There's also the question of turbo controllers. The scripts that these tactics use are no different than what the equivalent of a turbo controller uses, although it can be customized in much more detail. Most likely they are just trying to have this in the TOS for legal reasons.

8 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Seems rather token, but still something you can catch a ban over. Will be interesting to see how they enforce it, considering the things you can trick the PS3/4/5/PSP/Vita into thinking are official controllers. Hell, did the remote play app get an update along with this? Cause that's the main way people run scripts.

I was using the program for ps4 remote play when I was signed out for the TOS Update. Was able to sign back in and keep using it so no update as of yet

8 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's a weird thing to add because they would have to actively be tracking your profile to differentiate between natural gameplay and scripts. I'm pretty sure this is more or less intended for online play to prevent account sellers from botting a fresh account til it has enough of an in-game currency or skins that make it ready to sell.

There's also the question of turbo controllers. The scripts that these tactics use are no different than what the equivalent of a turbo controller uses, although it can be customized in much more detail. Most likely they are just trying to have this in the TOS for legal reasons.

We all know they wont be banning all the people who buy COD/GTA/Popular shooter stuff even if you could easily prove they are shooting/doing something faster than humanly possible 😅

23 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I doubt this is even about gameplay. This is likely in reference to people using bots and scripts to spam messages in scam attempts and other malicious activities.

I bet you are right. The spam got so bad, that I know many users have had to set their messages to friends only. Which kind of sucks. I've met good people from random messages after playing an online game. I just couldn't stand the "hot singles in your area" style spam that kept washing over me. I'm an old man, but not a dirty old man lol. 

46 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

We all know they wont be banning all the people who buy COD/GTA/Popular shooter stuff even if you could easily prove they are shooting/doing something faster than humanly possible 😅

For sure, but tbh, the floodgates for this were opened the moment crossplay went into full swing. It's exceptionally easy to cheat in a PC version if you want to. Developers themselves just need way better anti-cheat software in general, and creating cheats itself needs harsher penalties.

This script change won't really change anything when it comes to actual online cheaters.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hore said:

This thread reads like you did this trophy legit at launch and have been resentful for years ever since the script method became known. The ToS changes are very clearly talking about malicious network activity, like spamming API calls. And these changes were explicitly made to improve clarity of existing policies - not to create new ones.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/legal/changes-to-terms/

If you look at my profile, I had not earned the trophy. And even if I did, wouldn't be salty about others using the script, as the trophy is bs. I posted this to give people a heads up about using the script. The screenshot you posted is the old TAC. The new one is more vague if you look at it, which could mean a bot or script for anything.

No, its refering to programs on pc that use exploits in the remote play feature to use anything as a controller and as a result you can use scripts to mimic what would be pressed on an actual controller. Those auto battle and max stats cheats are features square themselves put into the game and thus wont be affected.

Shocking lack of common sense in this thread. Sony has precisely zero incentive to penalize you for anything you do in a single player game. Even if they COULD detect the use of scripts (doubtful, at least doing so with a significant degree of accuracy), why WOULD they?

Multiplayer is a different story, of course.