Kitted Out and special items

Those are indeed what Special Items are. The wiki lists these:
EMP (Singularity)
First Aid Spray (Mastermind)

Flash Grenade (Leon Teachable)

Keycard (unsure if this works, it's tied to an Easter Egg on the new Nostromo map)

Lament Configuration (Cenobite)

Pocket Mirror (Archives)

Remote Flame Turret (Xenomorph)

Vaccine (Nemesis)

VHS Tape (Onryo)

Which means if you don't want to be at the mercy of whatever the Killer's bringing, then you'll want to have the Leon Flashbang perk equipped.

The Killer one will be rough. Because, even though you decide on what the Limited Item is, how often are you hitting people carrying a Limited Item?

• Like 3

I would assume you are correct on what counts as a "special item".

13 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

EMP (Singularity)

Keycard (unsure if this works, it's tied to an Easter Egg on the new Nostromo map)

Pocket Mirror (Archives)

Vaccine (Nemesis)

VHS Tape (Onryo)

Which means if you don't want to be at the mercy of whatever the Killer's bringing, then you'll want to have the Leon Flashbang perk equipped.

The Killer one will be rough. Because, even though you decide on what the Limited Item is, how often are you hitting people carrying a Limited Item?

I don't think it will be that bad. Disarm and dismember can be regular items OR special items. So med-kits, flashlights, and tool boxes should count as well.

Also it requires hits and not downs so that's a plus lol.

Edited by Shinobi

14 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

EMP (Singularity)

Pocket Mirror (Archives)

Vaccine (Nemesis)

VHS Tape (Onryo)

Thanks ! So at least there's a way to make consistent progress by playing Leon, that's good to know.

3 minutes ago, Smugstr said:

Just  tested this and although it says 35 different matches each separate item counts, so if you put a flame turret down you can only get 1 a match from flame turrets but if you are also running flashbang you can get 1 a match from them, so I've been getting 2 a match by using flame turrets and flashbangs

Nice! That'll help.

18 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

I don't think it will be that bad. Disarm and dismember can be regular items OR special items. So med-kits, flashlights, and tool boxes should count as well.

the ps4 version only lists special items and makes no mention of normal ones, so im not sure if its just bhvr messing up or if its different 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willows_blessing said:

the ps4 version only lists special items and makes no mention of normal ones, so im not sure if its just bhvr messing up or if its different 

Ah okay. PS5 version says either or. I assumed both would be the same. I guess I expect too much from BHVR.

8 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

Ah okay. PS5 version says either or. I assumed both would be the same. I guess I expect too much from BHVR.

The Steam version also has no mention of regular items. So either PS5 got lucky & it'll be much faster on there. OR it's a typo & it will only progress via Special Items like PS4 & PC.

Edit: Xbox also has no mention of regular items.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

55 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The Steam version also has no mention of regular items. So either PS5 got lucky & it'll be much faster on there. OR it's a typo & it will only progress via Special Items like PS4 & PC.

Sounds like a typo on the PS5 version then. Can't see them leaving it like that for only the PS5 version.

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

It is a typo, only special items count on PS5 just like the other versions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smugstr said:

Just  tested this and although it says 35 different matches each separate item counts, so if you put a flame turret down you can only get 1 a match from flame turrets but if you are also running flashbang you can get 1 a match from them, so I've been getting 2 a match by using flame turrets and flashbangs

can confirm this, drastically reduces the grind, nice find!

It looks like the ps5 description may have a typo and lists "holding an item or special item" but the ps4 version just lists special item for Disarm and Dismember. I also notice the trophy picture shows a med kit which is a regular item not a special item. So for this trophy does it count for only special items or also it includes regular items like toolboxes, medkits, flashlights etc when you hit the survivors as killer? Can anybody confirm to make sure?

Edited by nooitzben

For "Kitted Out" you can do 3 per games if you have the flashbang, killer item and white glyph challenge it count once it's repaired (I tried and it work). Maybe we can do 4 in one game if the keycard count too

For "Disarm and Dismember" the best way is to play Wesker for his spray

6 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

I thought for Disarm and Dismember its easiest to use Singularity?

Why not but the Wesker Spray can be used twice so more chance to survivors have it on them its a better way in my opinion

Edited by Nerkey

11 minutes ago, Nerkey said:

Why not but the Wesker Spray can be used twice so more chance to survivors have it on them its a better way in my opinion

But Emp charges are almost infinite..it just needs time to recharge or you can manually make it recharge faster from the box to get more EMP sticks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

But Emp charges are almost infinite..it just needs time to recharge or you can manually make it recharge faster from the box to get more EMP sticks.

Survivors mostly use it on your "cameras" when you are not around so yeah maybe but I did it with Wesker in 2 games

Edited by Nerkey

1 hour ago, Nerkey said:

Survivors mostly use it on your "cameras" when you are not around so yeah maybe but I did it with Wesker in 2 games

I'd say that's an outlier. I was under the impression that Wesker would be easiest, but that was due to me forgetting EMPs exist.

You can recall your biopods whenever too, so once you see them get EMPs you can recall and then they'll have nothing to use it on.

Singularity's the safe bet.

19 hours ago, Smugstr said:

I wonder if using the keycard on the Nostromo map counts too. Given that it gets used up and it's part of that list. Maybe I'll try and test it if I can manage to get another map offering

4 hours ago, ienvygoonie said:

For the trophy "disarm and dismember" it has to be a special item on ps5, I have tried hitting survivors with normal items and the tracker never went up until I hit someone with a special item.

Misleading description gave me hope haha