Used my nickname in wrong region, can it be changed?

Fyndler

Hey, i just noticed i can't change region on my account. Or noone can in fact :/ And i study in sweden right now, so when i choosed region when i setup my consol it choose sweden for me so i just clicked next. I thought it would only be like language on console or something. However now i can't make a new account for my region cause my username is used ofc :/ And i really don't want to use another username, is there anyway i can remove my account from playstation so everything dleted and make it from start?

Nope once an account is created it will stay on PSN.The only way to change your username is by making a new account and since that username was already created you can't use it.

Well that sucks :/ No reason to trophy hunt anymore i guess then :( Thanks for the answer

There's absolutely nothing you can do, simple as that.

Thanks for the answer

• Like 1

You can try again and make a new account with the right Region, the good thing for you is that you haven't gotten that many trophies yet; It's better to do it now..also if this is about keeping a User name you used, i guess you can add to the user name for instance a simple _, a number, or anything else. there can't be 2 accounts with the same name, but you can try to add to it a little to still use the name.

for instance if I wanted to reuse my user in another account I'd have to type it like; Darkness-Key92  and it would work cus it's not exactly the same.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Well that sucks :/ No reason to trophy hunt anymore i guess then :( Thanks for the answer

That's a bit dramatic o_O

You don't even have a single plat yet, and only 61 total trophies. Most of your games you've barely even played. It wouldn't be a big deal if you were to make a new account. x_x

Hey, i just noticed i can't change region on my account. Or noone can in fact :/ And i study in sweden right now, so when i choosed region when i setup my consol it choose sweden for me so i just clicked next. I thought it would only be like language on console or something. However now i can't make a new account for my region cause my username is used ofc :/ And i really don't want to use another username, is there anyway i can remove my account from playstation so everything dleted and make it from start?

There is one solution to your problem, create an account called "Fyndler" with an upper cased i instead of the L. I checked psnp and there is no one with that ID, so hurry up!

You can try again and make a new account with the right Region, the good thing for you is that you haven't gotten that many trophies yet; It's better to do it now..also if this is about keeping a User name you used, i guess you can add to the user name for instance a simple _, a number, or anything else. there can't be 2 accounts with the same name, but you can try to add to it a little to still use the name.

for instance if I wanted to reuse my user in another account I'd have to type it like; Darkness-Key92  and it would work cus it's not exactly the same.

Thanks for the tip, but i really wanted to use just "Fyndler" but i talked with psn support aswell. Out off luck

That's a bit dramatic o_O

You don't even have a single plat yet, and only 61 total trophies. Most of your games you've barely even played. It wouldn't be a big deal if you were to make a new account. x_x

Problem is not that i don't have many trophies. It's that i used that username for so long and i really like it ^-^ I have tried to come up with a new one, but nothing that comes to my mind that works :(

Sony has hinted at being able to change usernames in the future so while you're out of luck right now, it may be possible to change usernames soon. 

Parker

Yeah i would hope so, sucks tho if they don't :(

There is one solution to your problem, create an account called "Fyndler" with an upper cased i instead of the L. I checked psnp and there is no one with that ID, so hurry up!

Thanks for the suggestion but will be so annoying each time i have to tell when someone adds me :( It was a nice tip tho and i thank you for it

Edited by Fyndler

Games are region free , the only problem is the playstation vita , you can't not have 2 accounts there, so , if the game on the vita brings online pass it will not work cause American codes and European are not compatible, I I mean , a EU code into American account doesn't work. 

On the Ps3 you can have multiple account , you can create an american account and use the sweden account .

All I want to say is the only problem is the playstation Vita.  another option is create a new account but instead the ( L )use a capital ( i )

sorry my english  :S

Games are region free , the only problem is the playstation vita , you can't not have 2 accounts there, so , if the game on the vita brings online pass it will not work cause American codes and European are not compatible, I I mean , a EU code into American account doesn't work. 

On the Ps3 you can have multiple account , you can create an american account and use the sweden account .

All I want to say is the only problem is the playstation Vita.  another option is create a new account but instead the ( L )use a capital ( i )

sorry my english  :S

Yeah i see what you mean, problem is currency is wrong and i want my account to my region ^-^ I'm just in Sweden for the year to study, and i really don't want my account to be Swedish. I understand that i can't make anything else then making a new account, but i used the username since i started gaming years ago, and making a new one is something i find hard to do. And i really don't want numbers and other weird symbols in my nickname :( The uppercase I is a good suggestion. But no. Thanks all for the answers, when searching for nickname change, it seems sony never will do it.

seriously if adding like a hyphen at the end is too big of a deal then just either deal with what you have or stop playing and move on, its really not an issue and youve been given many options from people here already

I thanked people for their suggestions, and it might not be an issue for you. Can't really deal with what i have since it's wrong region and will mess up alot for me when i get back home... Either have to come up with a new name i really like or stop and hope sony makes some changes.

Edited by Fyndler

seriously if adding like a hyphen at the end is too big of a deal then just either deal with what you have or stop playing and move on, its really not an issue and youve been given many options from people here already

Easy now big fella...I mean bear...No...CasaDeBen!  :D 

Just understand where the new kid on the block is coming from..some cases..people tend to get attached to a specific username that a minor difference

won't do the job.

This humble community of PSNP had given all the possible options and answer to his query..

The ball is on Fyndler court now and the rest is up to him..whether he'll go all the way to the basket and embrace the challenge or just call it quit..

@Fyndler hope you'll be able to overcome this and get back in playing games, not just to hunt trophies but experience that joy

that comes along in playing video games...like when things were just as simple as " :up:  :up: ,  :down:  :down: ,  :left:  :right: , A B, A B,  :select: , :start: "  :D 

Cheers! #goodvibes  :highfive: 

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip, but i really wanted to use just "Fyndler" but i talked with psn support aswell. Out off luck

Problem is not that i don't have many trophies. It's that i used that username for so long and i really like it ^-^ I have tried to come up with a new one, but nothing that comes to my mind that works :(

Yeah i would hope so, sucks tho if they don't :(

Thanks for the suggestion but will be so annoying each time i have to tell when someone adds me :( It was a nice tip tho and i thank you for it

If they go to add you and put a lower case "l" it will still work. It will just capitalize it for them.

Easy now big fella...I mean bear...No...CasaDeBen!  :D 

Just understand where the new kid on the block is coming from..some cases..people tend to get attached to a specific username that a minor difference

won't do the job.

This humble community of PSNP had given all the possible options and answer to his query..

The ball is on Fyndler court now and the rest is up to him..whether he'll go all the way to the basket and embrace the challenge or just call it quit..

@Fyndler hope you'll be able to overcome this and get back in playing games, not just to hunt trophies but experience that joy

that comes along in playing video games...like when things were just as simple as " :up:  :up: ,  :down:  :down: ,  :left:  :right: , A B, A B,  :select: , :start: "  :D 

Cheers! #goodvibes  :highfive: 

-Razgriz

Yeah kinda like the name :P I just don't want to use like other weird things in the name, will just get confusing when someone is adding me or for myself. Altho i really appriciate all the tips to the name. For some people it matter for other not so much.

Was thinking off maybe Fyndller or Fyndlerr, or maybe just Fyndle. But they seems to me from my eyes ^-^ For now, i just let it be and hope that sony allows name change, wich i'm sure they won't :P

I can feel you, I have a nick name that's hard to explain. On the other hand I'm just used to add others.

Yeah i'm really attached to my nickname, but being in the wrong region is not something i can look thru, i need to change my name to something but really don't feel that i want to.

Yeah i see what you mean, problem is currency is wrong and i want my account to my region ^-^

I was kinda in the same position not too long ago when I started: created account in Thailand where I reside, but was unable to get PS+ on this one so I had to create US account that I use to download games and then play them off of this account. Point is, I get that you want the region to be the one you actually reside in.

Otherwise, though luck there - you've been given all the options, and if none of them works out for you, then better just give up altogether. But then again it's just a region OR a nickname...