The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

So many people complaining about the grind for these trophies, it's a subscription based MMO, they'll keep adding trophies that take a long time because it'll probably keep people who care that much about having 100% on every game subbed for months maybe years and that makes them more money than a list that can be finished in a week 

I'll do what I'm doing with every other trophy, work towards it and if I get them before I take a break from the game then great, if not I can carry on when I return  

11 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

So many people complaining about the grind for these trophies, it's a subscription based MMO, they'll keep adding trophies that take a long time because it'll probably keep people who care that much about having 100% on every game subbed for months maybe years and that makes them more money than a list that can be finished in a week 

I'll do what I'm doing with every other trophy, work towards it and if I get them before I take a break from the game then great, if not I can carry on when I return  

I have been playing for almost ten years, these types of RNG-ridden, grindy trophies have always existed in-game. I'm just puzzled as to why they'd add them now? PoTD and HoH aren't even 6.5 content. The gathering trophies seem like they belong in Dawntrail/7.0 if anything. 

And if you really knew anything about 100% completion of the fishing log, it's not something that you can just 'work towards it and if I get them before I take a break from the game then great, if not I can carry on when I return' like you said. It's not a grind you'll eventually complete by putting in the bare minimum. We're talking 'waking up at 4 am just for a big fish window, only for you to fail to catch the prerequisite fish to even catch the big fish' type of playstyle. Give me 'craft 100000 collectables' trophy and then I can relax and take my time with it. This fishing log trophy isn't like that.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I already cleared HoH solo 100 with RDM back on ShB, I practically remember nothing so I'm essentially gonna learn from scratch again. PoTD solo 200 is definitely the hardest to solo. 1-130 is a snoozefest from what I've heard but from there it definitely ramps up a lot. Also, since I'm on Materia/OCE datacentre now it's practically impossible to find people queuing for PoTD so I'm gonna have to raise my aetherpool weapon and armor by myself. Why did I transfer lol.

You win some, you lose some yeah.

I wish I could have the ping of OCE datacenter, but yeah, that is never going to happen until the cross region data center travel happens.

I can't bring myself to lose all my NA stuff for this, so it's going to be another miserable experience of doing the last 10 floors at 200+ ping.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Someday, someway, I hope this and FF11 get an offline version/port. Only way I'll ever play either.

Yeah, that would be nice. I never got to play 11 since I'm not a boomer (no offense to those that did lol) and I'd like to try it. I think if they're doing that though, they'd have to revamp the combat system because it looks really outdated.

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Jesus christ someone at the SE dev team really woke up and chose violence today HAHAHA.

There goes everybody's 100% lol. Why did they even add trophies that don't have anything to do with the current patch content? Makes no sense. I guess it's more of a 'here, do these trophies to keep you busy cause our game is practically dead till 7.0 comes out'.

The fishing trophy will 100% be one of the rarest trophies to exist. It's by no means impossible, but it practically is unless you no-life this game. I cannot stress enough how RARE some Big Fishes are. We're talking 'spawn once a month if RNG is not good' type of rare. And not only that, catching them SUCCESFULLY is another matter. Also ocean fishing trips have their own sets of rare fishes that only spawn during spectral currents so throw that in there as well.

I will still TRY (emphasis on word TRY LMFAO) to 100% this game. But I definitely accept now that I am fine with not 100%ing this game. This is definitely too much. I would 100% take clearing all ultimates trophy and soloing all deep dungeons over 100% fishing log. 

Fishers that have 100% log I kid you not barely have any time to do anything else in this game. From regular fishes to ocean fishing trip fishes to big fishes. It's like a game of its own. Unless you are 100% passionate about fishing you will easily find yourself giving up.

Good luck trophy hunters, and whoever was the sick bastard at SE that did this, I hope you are happy LOL. It's too ridiculous that I'm laughing.

Edit: This also means that they can now retroactively add trophies for content released years ago. Do they still somehow think that giving us Ultimate trophies is 'too much' considering they gave us a 100% fishing log trophy? Makes zero sense lol.

Also, i guess TECHNICALLY, you don't have to catch all Big Fishes. Just wait for new patches/expansions where they add more fishes and you'll get the fishing trophy. Eventually. In the distant future lol.

I think the fishing one is more reasonable because eventually, it becomes easier. Each expansion they add a few hundred fish, so it's just one of those long-term goals to work towards. I get this trophy, it makes sense since they just made this an achievement.

The PotD and HoH trophies just seem completely random for this patch. I've done PotD with friends. We pretty much went our own ways til around 130-150 (don't remember where it got hard). It's gonna be a pretty massive slog, but I will not be denied my 100%.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, I3rand0 said:

Still can't believe they added gold trophies for PotD and HoH solo with this patch.  Yoshi P must really hate trophies.

he hates us not the trophies. Developers shouldnt add trophies which they also didnt make probably. Stupid.

Edited by VER7UZ-

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think the fishing one is more reasonable because eventually, it becomes more reasonable. Each expansion they add a few hundred fish, so it's just one of those long-term goals to work towards. I get this trophy, it makes sense since they just made this an achievement.

The PotD and HoH trophies just seem completely random for this patch. I've done PotD with friends. We pretty much went our own ways til around 130-150 (don't remember where it got hard). It's gonna be a pretty massive slog, but I will not be denied my 100%.

Yeah, the fishing trophy will eventually become like the Endwalker Triple Triad trophy. With time, it will get easier. Until of course they add the subsequent expansions' updated versions of that fishing trophy requiring more. 

The solo deep dungeons really confuse me. I don't know why now they decide to add them instead of putting them back in the Heavensward and Stormblood DLC trophy lists. I'm almost convinced they put them there since FF14 is dead until 7.0 comes out. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think the fishing one is more reasonable because eventually, it becomes more reasonable. Each expansion they add a few hundred fish, so it's just one of those long-term goals to work towards. I get this trophy, it makes sense since they just made this an achievement.

Until they add another trophy for even more fish.

Just now, MakoSOLIDER said:

Until they add another trophy for even more fish.

More fish trophies are good trophies. Now they just need to make golds for Ultimates

7 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

he hates us not the trophies. Developers shouldnt add trophies which they also didnt make. Stupid.

They did make the trophy though...

11 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

More fish trophies are good trophies. Now they just need to make golds for Ultimates

I'd much prefer ultimate trophies to these, but I'm not a fan of them retroactively adding them. I've cleared 3/5 of the ultimates and since they don't retroactively pop battle-related trophies, I would be pretty salty having to reprog these, just like people would be salty about having to solo HoH or PotD again.

I think anything in a patch is fair game for a trophy, but at this point, I expect them to include random trophies for older content. Perhaps they will ask up to do Baldessian's Arsenal next, or maybe DR Savage, or heck maybe they decided we now need to do Criterion dungeons on Savage difficulty.

It would be a different story if they would retroactively pop what you have already done, but this isn't a direction that I support.

• Like 3

Oh hell yeah, even more trophies for collecting and completing logs! I love that (no joke) :D

I can see why some people are discouraged to go for gathering log completion (like with the Triple Triad Cards), but if you're a long time player, and if you care at all about in-game achievements or general completion, you should have progress towards those trophies anyway. And if you played ff14 for years until now, you are probably going to play it a few years from now as well - so things like completing the fishing log becomes much easier.

I'm scared of the solo deep-dungeon, I haven't been able to complete the newest one yet. But I'll definitely try, contrary to most people here, the trophies motivate me to try out the content, old and new.

I bet they add a trophy for having old relic weapons at some point, this is another one of those "collecting type" things, and after adding the gathering trophies, this doesn't seem unlikely 😭

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

13 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

They clearly did it solo. It's how they knew it was possible

Testing it as a company  and do it as a player solo ist much different.

16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It would be a different story if they would retroactively pop what you have already done, but this isn't a direction that I support.

Isnt there a way to give the developers a feedback to change this? I dont think they´re reading somthing on this site.

Edited by VER7UZ-

I'm really surprised that there's no trophy for getting the FF4 Bahamut mount for collecting all EX Endwalker mounts. Seemed like a perfect trophy to add, and one I would really love getting seeing as I collect every EX mount anyway. 

15 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think anything in a patch is fair game for a trophy, but at this point, I expect them to include random trophies for older content. Perhaps they will ask up to do Baldessian's Arsenal next, or maybe DR Savage, or heck maybe they decided we now need to do Criterion dungeons on Savage difficulty.

Don't even mention BA or DRS please. I've done both a couple of times back when they came out and now that I'm in Materia doing them is going to be a pain in the ass lol. With Bozja I pretty much no-lifed that during the pandemic so if they decide to hit us with complete all field notes/clear all solo duels/max all 30 honors then I'm all set since I've done everything there lol.